Thread: ✿ eBid blogs, blogging, bloggers list ✿

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ✿ eBid blogs, blogging, bloggers list ✿

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    and I have more invested in the thread than most since I started it and it's about my promotional squidoo lens.
    O.K., some elements of your post sound a little sarcastic to me so I've assumed that my comments are unwelcome. All removed.

Except this one, of course!
    Last edited by kedo; 24th February 2012 at 03:06 AM.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Unfortunately you are probably correct. Just from reading the forum posts most are in fact not interested in the steps required leading up to a sale (me included).
    The who, what, when and where's can be discussed but that would be a long winded post.
    Now please don't take this the wrong way, as any type of dig or any negativity on my part.
    I have watched and read forum posts and tried to follow categories being filled and membership numbers. I'm pretty sure we can agree most new members are coming from ebay and there until recently (2 - 3 years) selling wasn't required or needed. You didn't have to promote yourself, facebook or tweet anything just list and be fairly nice to people and the sales would come. Maybe the term sellers here is actual and there should be 'order takers" but these are the folks coming here and that is what they are used to and expect.
    If newbies coming over could possibly understand they actually need to sell here I beleive a lot of negativity we have experienced in the forums would diminish.
    Personally if I were retired I would most likely elect to sell my wares and promote myself instead of paying huge fees to have others do it for me. Working 50 to 60 hours per week makes it difficult to do and most of the time I am communicating from a mobile device while in the car or taking a few minutes at work to post something, answer questions or investigate current statistics.
    It's not as easy to actually sell for some as it is for others. It does take dedication and of course time.
    So i do agree folks don't know they have to or don't want to sell. How does eBid make them understand they need to?
    Yes, but I think you overestimate the time and trouble involved in improving sales (selling if you like). Lots of techniques, once discovered by one person, are very easy for others to implement.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    O.K., some elements of your post sound a little sarcastic to me so I've assumed that my comments are unwelcome. All removed.

Except this one, of course!
    None of what I said was meant in the least sarcastically. I was trying to explain why I didn't understand your post and I guess it's difficult to explain lack of understanding without using some negative terms, but there was no hidden text or tone or whatever you think was lurking, I promise. I'm sorry you've taken it that way. You're an enthusiastic supporter of blogging about ebid, which is what this whole thread is about - I was explaining and supporting not knocking. I don't know what bit you've read that way or I'd adjust it. It's a shame there isn't a "put it back" option!

p.s. I don't really do sarcasm, it's not helpful, it's not clever, it's rarely funny and it's a waste of energy. I do, however, have a rather "proper" way of both speaking and writing which if I don't remember to tone it down with enough slang and emoticons (and smiling and hand-waving in real life) tends to be misinterpreted as snotty sometimes. People worry about having poor spelling and grammar but I can assure them the opposite carries its own problems!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do, however, have a rather "proper" way of both speaking and writing which if I don't remember to tone it down with enough slang and emoticons (and smiling and hand-waving in real life) tends to be misinterpreted as snotty sometimes. People worry about having poor spelling and grammar but I can assure them the opposite carries its own problems!

I know just how you feel

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I do, however, have a rather "proper" way of both speaking and writing which if I don't remember to tone it down with enough slang and emoticons (and smiling and hand-waving in real life) tends to be misinterpreted as snotty sometimes. People worry about having poor spelling and grammar but I can assure them the opposite carries its own problems!

I know just how you feel
    Me too! In two languages! (Adds smiley here...) Three if you count having to learn LOL, ROFL, PMSL etc etc! It has just occurred to me that within the "blogosphere" (another new word) it seems that most people do write rather correctly with good spelling and grammar ... so maybe that is a skill that is still valued somewhere. It is hard for me to be anything other than quite formal within my blog pages as that is the only French I know - can't do chatty French or slang French yet! After a working life of writing formal reports grammar and spelling in English come easily to me.

Kedo - It's a shame that you removed those posts - saw them and read them before going to bed (was feeling a bit rough as I seem to have brought a cold back from the UK) and was going to give them my attention this morning.

This thread and the Pinterest one are certainly helping me with my own experiments in developing selling skills - and so far I've enjoyed the experiences. If others would prefer to discuss the removal of a thread for 16 pages rather than write a blog there is little that can be done about it and presumably the issue (whatever it was - as I wasn't here at the time) caused them genuine distress.This discussion is useful to us - even if it is just a small band of bloggers that appear in this thread at the moment.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

If we keep it going, it can be found easily by new ones and so it has every chance to grow

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Me too! In two languages! (Adds smiley here...) Three if you count having to learn LOL, ROFL, PMSL etc etc! It has just occurred to me that within the "blogosphere" (another new word) it seems that most people do write rather correctly with good spelling and grammar ... so maybe that is a skill that is still valued somewhere. It is hard for me to be anything other than quite formal within my blog pages as that is the only French I know - can't do chatty French or slang French yet! After a working life of writing formal reports grammar and spelling in English come easily to me.

Kedo - It's a shame that you removed those posts - saw them and read them before going to bed (was feeling a bit rough as I seem to have brought a cold back from the UK) and was going to give them my attention this morning.

This thread and the Pinterest one are certainly helping me with my own experiments in developing selling skills - and so far I've enjoyed the experiences. If others would prefer to discuss the removal of a thread for 16 pages rather than write a blog there is little that can be done about it and presumably the issue (whatever it was - as I wasn't here at the time) caused them genuine distress.This discussion is useful to us - even if it is just a small band of bloggers that appear in this thread at the moment.
    Nicely put. No slang required.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    If we keep it going, it can be found easily by new ones and so it has every chance to grow
    Very true.

Hi Kim, thank you for this thread. Could my new blog be added by any chance please? I've only 3 posts done so far but it's a start, thanks! http://lodegrundrunner.blogspot.com/

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Yes, but I think you overestimate the time and trouble involved in improving sales (selling if you like). Lots of techniques, once discovered by one person, are very easy for others to implement.
    You might be right. There are only 4 parts to a sale which encompasses anything we sell as well as life in general and once understood and implemented properly then yes sales come easy. Of course each step is tweeked for different types of selling but the 4 parts remain quite succesful.

I have been in sales most of my working life and have been through several sales training courses. Know how is one thing, actually doing it is altogether a different story.
    Thanks for your reply.

Thread Information