eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i am an ebay refugee, is there a way.....

Default Re: i am an ebay refugee, is there a way.....

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    On most of my little items I would need a bigger package just to accommodate the giant paypig label

The ONE time I thought to use paypig shipping they were $7.00 higher than the PO price

I think they are good on the light stuff and gouge you when you have a little more weight
    In my printer there are options where you can scale things down. You might check to see if you have that option on yours.

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can ship with paypal even if the buyer did not pay with paypal. Go to paypal merchant services and then pick multi order shipping, you do have to still type in the name and address of the buyer and the postage comes out of your paypal account. It will not use Google Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post
    You can ship with paypal even if the buyer did not pay with paypal. Go to paypal merchant services and then pick multi order shipping, you do have to still type in the name and address of the buyer and the postage comes out of your paypal account. It will not use Google Chrome.
    Did not know this. Thanks.

When at home in the US, I use stamps.com You can pay for your postage and print it on your labels and they give you a free digital scale along with a 4 week trial to see if you like them. You get free electronic delivery confirmation and you can keep track of all your shipments in one place. Unfortunately, while here in the Netherlands, we have no such service. Every package requires a trip to the post office. :-(

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought of using Stamps.com but it is expensive to me when I can use PayPal for all buyers even if they did not pay with PayPal you should be able to use PayPal even when you are not in the US

Yes, but part of me just despises PayPal for several reasons:

• They are owned by eBay which has charged me ridiculous fees

• I was forced to use PayPal by eBay for several years

• I had to pay fee's which I felt were ridiculous in conjunction with the eBay fees I was already paying

• They held 10% of all my daily payments for 60 days and collect interest on it even though I never had a complaint or charge-back since joining in 2005.

Here in Europe we generally use banque transfers which cost nothing. I have read all the pro's and con's of PayPal in the past over on the ebay forums and I realize everyone has had different experiences with them. It seems people either "love them" or "hate them"... I just happen to be in the latter group but continue to maintain an account with them because of buyers who are part if the first group! :-)

Last edited by PamelasDesigns; 1st May 2011 at 10:46 AM.

Forum Newbie
    East Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    View gusfirefly's Feedback (+24357)
    All-About gusfirefly
    View gusfirefly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, 1st class postage can be printed online using a service but those services cost money - the cheapest I saw was about $15 per month. For the few 1st class packages I send that haven't been paid on Paypal, I hand label them and take the to the PO (where I go every day anyway to drop off packages and pick up my mail.)
    Sharon

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PamelasDesigns View Post
    Yes, but part of me just despises PayPal for several reasons:

Here in Europe we generally use banque transfers which cost nothing. I have read all the pro's and con's of PayPal in the past over on the ebay forums and I realize everyone has had different experiences with them. It seems people either "love them" or "hate them"... I just happen to be in the latter group but continue to maintain an account with them because of buyers who are part if the first group! :-)
    Yes I am in New Zealand and our local auction site Trademe only allows payment by bank transfer!

It seems in the USA this is not used very much.
    I thought the USA was supposed to be the world's most advanced country !

Having said that I do like Paypal, as I have bought and sold all over the world using it.
    And our banks only allow direct transfer within New Zealand - not even to Australia, even though most of our banks are Australian owned!

Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post
    YES! Using paypig services while not being taxed by their ludicrous fees is one of my simple joys of life.
    Feel free to visit my shop and take a look around! Vintage video games, trading cards, and toys all at priced-to-sell affordability!

Vintage video games, trading cards, and toys
    http://video-games-trading-cards-and-toys.ebid.net

Thread Information