Thread: Sorting my sold items

Forum Newbie
    East Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    View gusfirefly's Feedback (+24357)
    All-About gusfirefly
    View gusfirefly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Sorting my sold items

The single biggest thing I'd like to see enhanced on Ebid is the options I have for sorting and viewing my sold auctions. Those pages take forever to load so every time I'm looking for something, it takes ages. I'd really like to be able to search my sold items by WINNER ID. I get questions from a buyer and have to scroll through page after page of listings to find an item that user won so I can view the invoice.
    Also, the sort options that currently exist (to invoice, to be paid, to ship, to leave feedback) are fine but would be even more useful if you could specify several of the options at once. For example, if I could select PAID + TO SHIP that would reduce the number of items I'm looking through. Making each of those categories a YES/NO option shouldn't be too tricky and would really increase their usefulness.
    I know it's a great blessing that I have so many sold items that it takes a long time to go through them. Still, I'm really busy and regret the time waiting for pages of unneeded items to load.
    Thanks for listening.
    Sharon

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Sorting my sold items

Quote Originally Posted by gusfirefly View Post
    The single biggest thing I'd like to see enhanced on Ebid is the options I have for sorting and viewing my sold auctions. Those pages take forever to load so every time I'm looking for something, it takes ages. I'd really like to be able to search my sold items by WINNER ID. I get questions from a buyer and have to scroll through page after page of listings to find an item that user won so I can view the invoice.
    Also, the sort options that currently exist (to invoice, to be paid, to ship, to leave feedback) are fine but would be even more useful if you could specify several of the options at once. For example, if I could select PAID + TO SHIP that would reduce the number of items I'm looking through. Making each of those categories a YES/NO option shouldn't be too tricky and would really increase their usefulness.
    I know it's a great blessing that I have so many sold items that it takes a long time to go through them. Still, I'm really busy and regret the time waiting for pages of unneeded items to load.
    Thanks for listening.
    Sharon
    Are you aware that if you put the auction ID into the normal auction search box it will take you straight to the closed listing? No need to check extra boxes, just a simple search. I'm sure it won't answer all your problems, but you might find it a useful trick if you weren't aware of it. If I have to go back to an old listing due to an email from a customer, I find it quickest to search for item in my ebid email folders and go in that way, either from a link in an old email or using the ID as I've said.

I normally find things like that by going to feedback ive left.

Forum Newbie
    All-About gusfirefly
    Forum Posts

The trick is that often I'm searching for something when I only know the user name, such as when I receive a payment that includes a person's name and address but no item number and no user name. Or, when I want to make sure I've combined everything for a single user. Sometimes people check out for a few items, then a few more, then a few more. If I could search my closed items (not yet shipped or feedbacked) by user name, it would be a great help. In general, the more sorting options there are, the better. It would also be great to have a page where I could see INVOICES rather than individual items. Is it just me or is that SOLD page the slowest loading page ever?
    Sharon

Forum Newbie
    All-About gusfirefly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Are you aware that if you put the auction ID into the normal auction search box it will take you straight to the closed listing? No need to check extra boxes, just a simple search. I'm sure it won't answer all your problems, but you might find it a useful trick if you weren't aware of it. If I have to go back to an old listing due to an email from a customer, I find it quickest to search for item in my ebid email folders and go in that way, either from a link in an old email or using the ID as I've said.
    OK, but what if I don't know the item ID? That's most often the situation. Or I'm looking not just for an item but for EVERYTHING for a given buyer. That's why the buyer name sort would be such a great tool.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Do you have a crystal ball that gives the auction ID?

I find the auction ID by finding the listing
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    Do you have a crystal ball that gives the auction ID?

I find the auction ID by finding the listing
    As I said, I find it from related emails.

Go to My eBid Summary

Click on the "Sold" tab
    Tick the "Filter by" box and choose "To Invoice" or "To Ship"

This may help you narrow your search pages down. :-)

Forum Newbie
    All-About gusfirefly
    Forum Posts

All of these things do help to narrow down my search but still leave me scrolling through as many as 10 pages of sold listings (like I said, I'm very privileged to have lots of sales happening here.) Just a few more search options, particularly by user name since that is a very frequent piece of information, would be a huge asset. Think about it, Gazza!
    Sharon

Forum Newbie
    All-About gusfirefly
    Forum Posts

Right, and that requires all the scrolling through pages of sold listings. Too time consuming, especially since that Sold Items page is the very slowest page on the entire site.
    Sharon

Thread Information