Just a heads up to any eBid seller who uses the Google Toolbar with buttons displayed on the toolbar. A Google update changed the format and only allows 5 buttons to be displayed and the rest are forced into a More >> drop down box. This new feature is designed to help users of the Toolbar save space. All it does is make you do extra clicks to access buttons.

I noticed this change this morning to my Google Toolbar and it looked like I lost all my buttons. I found them in the More >> box and tried to get them back. After much frustration, I reset Internet Explorer to defaults, uninstalled the Toolbar, reinstalled the toolbar and all kinds of assorted nonsense like clearing cookies and cache and rebooting my computer.

Finally, I did a google search and after a couple of tries found the right keywords and found out the Google had made an unannounced "improvement" to their toolbar. This was happening to all Google toolbar users and many had the same reaction as I did, wasting time trying to fix something that could not be fixed.

I had about 20 custom buttons for things like eBay Canada and USA, some specific eBay URLs, Wikipedia, eBid, and other favorites all a button click away. Very very annoying.

Typical arrogance of a large company (sounds like eBay and Microsoft) deciding how someone works. Most likely it is a move to make space for some toolbar addition Google wishes to force on their users and have high visibility for it.

So if you use Google Toolbar and see this silly More >> dropdown box and no custom buttons, you are stuck with it. It will still work but extra clicks are needed.

Three hours wasted trying to fix it. And more hours remembering and putting in all my saved passwords in Internet Explorer because I reset my browser needlessly.

Darn, the spellcheck is two clicks away on the toolbar. What a waste of time ..