Thread: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    I DID contact them months ago. Even sent the spreadsheet with all the info on it. Was thanked and was told they are looling into it.

I think they HAVE made some modifications-don't know if they think it that's enough or don't know if they plan to do more. Maybe they think it is no longer an issue because they did do some things?

But, these threads are going to keep popping up unless someone comes on forum and announces to all that they have either done all that they are going to do or that they are still working on it.
    I don't think anything ebid said would stop people posting. Most people barely check the forum discussions at all before making their posts.

It troubles me that some feel they have to make threats to get an answer.
    Some people just operate that way. It's not new.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I’d imagine there may be some concern if sellers have paid fees to be a Seller+ then have their items deleted. However, regardless of this I think it important that if a seller hasn’t logged in for 3 months then their items are either deleted or, somehow, suspended.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    I DID contact them months ago. Even sent the spreadsheet with all the info on it. Was thanked and was told they are looling into it.

I think they HAVE made some modifications-don't know if they think it that's enough or don't know if they plan to do more. Maybe they think it is no longer an issue because they did do some things?

But, these threads are going to keep popping up unless someone comes on forum and announces to all that they have either done all that they are going to do or that they are still working on it.

It troubles me that some feel they have to make threats to get an answer.

...and I'm sure they are looking into it, just recently we had a mass decline in listings. Could have been due to the fact they did something about it.

Again admin does not want to get involved in the daily back and forth discussions of what thousands have to say, face it there just isn't enough time or manpower to respond to all forums. If there were enough resources I can guarantee we wouldn't be paying just 2% FVF's.

Threats are not needed and prove to be childish. As the saying goes you can attract more bees with honey then you can with vinegar. Problem comes in is eBid gets many new members daily and those new members never did get a chance to see the same posts over and over again nor do they pay attention when a veteran member makes suggestions to them regarding their inquiry so this is something which will continue.
    Maybe on each thread the members deam worthy we should elect a "Forum Master" to pull together the thread and create the suggestion to submit to support. That way before support gets it all issues have been ironed out and agreed to by a majority. Just a thought but folks in the forums seem to beleive these forums are designed to change the ways eBid conducts it's business. We can stamp our feet, make threats, insult and take our footballs and go home all we want to but until an idea or suggestion is presented to support in it's entirety we can all just continue stamping our feet,etc.
    Last edited by adruml; 26th April 2011 at 06:17 PM.

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post

Maybe on each thread the members deam worthy we should elect a "Forum Master" to pull together the thread and create the suggestion to submit to support. That way before support gets it all issues have been ironed out and agreed to by a majority. Just a thought but folks in the forums seem to beleive these forums are designed to change the ways eBid conducts it's business. We can stamp our feet, make threats, insult and take our footballs and go home all we want to but until an idea or suggestion is presented to support in it's entirety we can all just continue stamping our feet,etc.
    Who would we have as "Forum Master"? I believe we do have at least 1 "Forum Master" he removed a link in one of my posts that could have caused me a great deal of damage (thank you). Would you select someone who has posted several thousand times? Some people here like the forums and consider it a social site. I remember someone asked a question about how we get sales and another said we mostly sell to each other. I just about cancelled my membership when I read that. I don't think that person should be a "Forum Master" do you?

There are a lot of people in the forums who are very knowledgeable and would make great "Forum Masters" do they campaign? In case anyone cares what I think, if we have various Forum Masters Gazza should be the one to elect that Master.

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    I’d imagine there may be some concern if sellers have paid fees to be a Seller+ then have their items deleted. However, regardless of this I think it important that if a seller hasn’t logged in for 3 months then their items are either deleted or, somehow, suspended.
    That is why I said CLOSE and not delete after 90 days. It is closed and can be reposted way easier then having to redo the hold listing. Truth be known if they delete it after 90 days of inactivity I wouldn't shed a tear. Can't login once every 3 months then see ya.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post
    Who would we have as "Forum Master"? I believe we do have at least 1 "Forum Master" he removed a link in one of my posts that could have caused me a great deal of damage (thank you). Would you select someone who has posted several thousand times? Some people here like the forums and consider it a social site. I remember someone asked a question about how we get sales and another said we mostly sell to each other. I just about cancelled my membership when I read that. I don't think that person should be a "Forum Master" do you?

There are a lot of people in the forums who are very knowledgeable and would make great "Forum Masters" do they campaign? In case anyone cares what I think, if we have various Forum Masters Gazza should be the one to elect that Master.

I Agree. Well said. BTW: IMHO I believe we have appointed/unappointed "Forum Master(s)" in our midst. :-)

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post

Honestly I don't believe there would be anyone out there with the time to be a Grand Forum Master. My thought was when the need arose in an individual thread a forum master would be selected from that thread and would be determined by folks who have posted to that thread. Most threads contain posts where a majority of others will agree with and that poster would most likely become Forum Master for that thread.
    I wouldn't say the Forum Master would have any other duty other then weeding through that thread's posts and putting together a logical correspondance to support that's all.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Honestly I don't believe there would be anyone out there with the time to be a Grand Forum Master. My thought was when the need arose in an individual thread a forum master would be selected from that thread and would be determined by folks who have posted to that thread. Most threads contain posts where a majority of others will agree with and that poster would most likely become Forum Master for that thread.
    I wouldn't say the Forum Master would have any other duty other then weeding through that thread's posts and putting together a logical correspondance to support that's all.
    Anybody who wants to précis a thread and send it to support is already free to do so. For a group of people to decide someone is doing so on *everybody's* behalf is unreasonable, and would probably be unmanageable.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Anybody who wants to précis a thread and send it to support is already free to do so. For a group of people to decide someone is doing so on *everybody's* behalf is unreasonable, and would probably be unmanageable.

I hear what your saying but these threads are unmanageable as they are and you know yourself sending mumbo jumbo to support won't get very far.
    Most of the threads have valid points as well as far out theories. To take 60 posts and extract pertinent information in regards to the original post I believe to be quite valuable.
    I always notice you take a lot of time to help make eBid work and grow, not just for yourself but others as well and I'm sure there are more willing participants in the forums who would be happy to help.
    I'm just thinking an organized rabble would be more efficient then support answering questions over and over again because someone just joined and has not experienced previous postings or admin answers.
    You have eliminated the "eBid needs to advertise" posts for a while but with all the new folks coming over I'm sure it will be back. A thread such as that would not need a Forum Master to present anything to support, they have already answered and members will post to the thread and inform the newbie as such.
    I probably used the wrong term "Forum Master" sounds like it carries some weight, instead it should have been thread spokesperson.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hear what your saying but these threads are unmanageable as they are and you know yourself sending mumbo jumbo to support won't get very far.
    Most of the threads have valid points as well as far out theories. To take 60 posts and extract pertinent information in regards to the original post I believe to be quite valuable.
    I always notice you take a lot of time to help make eBid work and grow, not just for yourself but others as well and I'm sure there are more willing participants in the forums who would be happy to help.
    I'm just thinking an organized rabble would be more efficient then support answering questions over and over again because someone just joined and has not experienced previous postings or admin answers.
    You have eliminated the "eBid needs to advertise" posts for a while but with all the new folks coming over I'm sure it will be back. A thread such as that would not need a Forum Master to present anything to support, they have already answered and members will post to the thread and inform the newbie as such.
    I probably used the wrong term "Forum Master" sounds like it carries some weight, instead it should have been thread spokesperson.
    Hmmmmmm Were forum threads ever designed to be "manageable"? Are members points of concern directed at support "ever mumbo jumbo" ? Oh dear! Which "Master or Spokesperson" is going to decide for the masses which "60 post are pertinent"? As Kimbo stated, the process would be "unreasonable.......unmanageable". The process could very easily degenerate into a mechanism of reporting back to management to keep "the masses" under control. Not cool, not cool at all. For the record, I want no one speaking to support on my behalf. As I believe I am quite capable of speaking for myself. I have a sneaking suspicion that most of us can.

Thread Information