• For it

40 97.56%
  • Against

1 2.44%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Default Re: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Members would do well to remember to phrase suggestions as suggestions and not as demands/ultimatums.
    "Please, sir, I want some more." Dickens

And what has it gotten us? Barely crumbs and scraps. It is good that they have a suggestion forum but do they read it, and will they do them sometime this century?

"Fear is the mind-killer" Herbert

I will not have any fear and I will not be apathetic as others our. I'm going to push them to do what is needed to make this site all it can be. If messages of good sense will not do it I will do whatever else I can. I will shame them on Youtube web-casts, and I will not stop. Someone once said I was a "peep with persverance" and I am going to live up to that from now on.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post

And what has it gotten us? Barely crumbs and scraps. It is good that they have a suggestion forum but do they read it, and will they do them sometime this century?

I will not have any fear and I will not be apathetic as others our. I'm going to push them to do what is needed to make this site all it can be. If messages of good sense will not do it I will do whatever else I can. I will shame them on Youtube web-casts, and I will not stop. Someone once said I was a "peep with persverance" and I am going to live up to that from now on.

Easy there Peep you may not know if the administrators want the site to "be all it can be". After all it is their site and unfortunately if we don't like it we move on.

"To insist, demand or threaten to recreate a site to your liking is ridiculous". Adruml

I know from personal experience the administrators do visit the forums and often times respond however they will tell you outright if you have any issues, questions or concerns just send it to support and you will receive your answer.

I am disappointed in the lack of sales here on eBid especially when I found out how long they have been around but I in no way feel this gives me the right to stamp my feet and badmouth them for the site they have created and the manner in which they choose to grow. I remain selling on eBid as well as other sites and in 20 years when listings have reached 15 million I may sell here exclusively but for now this is not a "viable" alternative to the big site, only an alternative. What it could, should or can be is a different story and until the owners decide that is what they want it is only our duty to make SUGGESTIONS not DEMANDS.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I fear that the spirit in which you have spoken will have little effect on making this site all it can be. If integrated into your resume, you would not stand an ice cube in the equator's belt line chance for being hired as eBid's idea guy. No insult intended; just very disappointed that you would say these things. However, one must do what one must do...........maybe.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    No.

Whatever you paid bought you the right to list items for sale on eBid. It did not buy you any shares in eBid or the right to direct its business.

The only 'say' members have is whatever say the owners of eBid choose to allow us - which may be lots , some, little, or none at all.

Members would do well to remember to phrase suggestions as suggestions and not as demands/ultimatums.
    Wow, I am truely impressed. I just participated in a very extensive survey from the Bay. They seemed interested in minute detail as to my opinions. They sought my opinion because they say "they desire to improve their site". Well, I delivered facts & also some scathing assessments on the seller's plight on eBay. I was very grateful to be given the opportunity to give my opinion. If by chance, they actually take to heart what I said, they will become more of a seller advocate, drop that ridiculous fee that they have attached for s/h; and they will restore the seller's right to leave appropriate feedback for non-performing buyers.

When will the day come when eBid actively seeks the "advise of it's members"? If eBid is going to grow in a meaningful way, that day should probably be soon.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do you realize that bad mouthing Ebid to the world will HURT all of us? Who wants to join a site that is embroiled in turmoil? The positives about this site will be lost in the negativity. If you have to tell the world about Ebid why not bring out the positives?

We are "renters" here. We rent space. We can hope that administration will hear us but we have no right to demand or threaten. Opinions and suggestions are always welcomed.

Business administrators would be wise to listen to people's needs but if things don't change then we either move on or wait for things to change. Just because it isn't happening fast enough to suit some of us doesn't mean that plans are not being implemented to make changes.

I do wish that Administration would address the issue once and for all before this gets out of hand.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do wish that Administration would address the issue once and for all before this gets out of hand.[/QUOTE]

The above was a previous quote.

As with other threads the OP just needs to send to support. They will respond. I don't blame them but they do not want to become involved in threads such as this and if anybody here thinks they don't see them well...you may want to think twice about that swamp land purchase you have been contemplating.
    Admin refuses to do the back and forth forum thing instead they have made it real simple. GET A HOLD OF THEM!
    All the forums I have read I have never read where support has ignored or failed to respond to a support ticket so why do we shy away from that? Maybe because they might say no? If they do they always offer a valid explanation as to their decision.
    Here's a novel idea; ASK THEM!

To return to the topic of dealing with dump and run sellers.

If last log in times on listings aren't desired then I suggested in a similar Kitchen Table thread earlier that the listings of a seller who hasn't logged in for 30 days could be automatically put "on vacation" until they next log in.

That stops buyers buying but keeps the listings intact for when the seller next returns. It can also help eBid maintain their overall listing count.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I DID contact them months ago. Even sent the spreadsheet with all the info on it. Was thanked and was told they are looling into it.

I think they HAVE made some modifications-don't know if they think it that's enough or don't know if they plan to do more. Maybe they think it is no longer an issue because they did do some things?

But, these threads are going to keep popping up unless someone comes on forum and announces to all that they have either done all that they are going to do or that they are still working on it.

It troubles me that some feel they have to make threats to get an answer.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I do wish that Administration would address the issue once and for all before this gets out of hand.
    The above was a previous quote.

As with other threads the OP just needs to send to support. They will respond. I don't blame them but they do not want to become involved in threads such as this and if anybody here thinks they don't see them well...you may want to think twice about that swamp land purchase you have been contemplating.
    Admin refuses to do the back and forth forum thing instead they have made it real simple. GET A HOLD OF THEM!
    All the forums I have read I have never read where support has ignored or failed to respond to a support ticket so why do we shy away from that? Maybe because they might say no? If they do they always offer a valid explanation as to their decision.
    Here's a novel idea; ASK THEM!
    I agree with much of what you say. I usually seek help direct from eBid, and always get effective support. However, the only way that "ASK THEM" would be effective on an issue of this magnitude, would be if all would agree to "ASK THEM". If that does not happen, & for some reason I don't think it will, this thread becomes just another griping session.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gee the voting is pretty close!

Thread Information