Thread: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    But most of us are lifetime Members.
    And as Burgyeb says, surely that entitles us to some sort of say.
    No.

Whatever you paid bought you the right to list items for sale on eBid. It did not buy you any shares in eBid or the right to direct its business.

The only 'say' members have is whatever say the owners of eBid choose to allow us - which may be lots , some, little, or none at all.

Members would do well to remember to phrase suggestions as suggestions and not as demands/ultimatums.
    Last edited by astral276; 26th April 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boandsusan View Post
    As you stated in another thread, I am new to ebid. So I will can only tell you from my experience on other sites. To your first question, almost all new buyers purchase the first item they are interested in and see, 2/3rd do not read the description, as they do not know to scroll down. 2nd question. Hardly any new buyer even knows what feedback is, let alone read it. Most do not leave feedback until their 3-5th purchase. Also, most brand new buyers are women who have had their children or husbands teach them just enough about a computor, to be able to shop on sites such as ebid etc. This is why it is so important for them to have a great first buy experience. How do I know this? On my other sites, over 30% are return customers every month, just under 30% are seasoned, one time buyers(they buy large amounts at once for free shipping), and the last 30% but to me the most important, are brand new buyers.
    That is a very sweeping - and really quite insulting - generalisation! My husband only knows how to switch his laptop ON cos I taught him. I also taught him the basics of Word Processing, etc. While my background was in Business Admin, most of my FEMALE friends are SELF-TAUGHT. They didn't need their children or husbands - most of whom wouldn't know where the on-off switch was on the computEr anyway (their words, not mine!) - assistance.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post
    That is a very sweeping - and really quite insulting - generalisation! My husband only knows how to switch his laptop ON cos I taught him. I also taught him the basics of Word Processing, etc. While my background was in Business Admin, most of my FEMALE friends are SELF-TAUGHT. They didn't need their children or husbands - most of whom wouldn't know where the on-off switch was on the computEr anyway (their words, not mine!) - assistance.
    Agree, Nancy. Not only insulting but jolly patronising.

My husband cannot even send his own emails. He does not have a clue. I set up all the electrical stuff in this house, including the PVR purchased yesterday. Other half would not be able to tell you what PVR stood for, let alone install it!

Times have moved on for us wimmin.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Cookbooks View Post

My husband cannot even send his own emails. He does not have a clue. I set up all the electrical stuff in this house, including the PVR purchased yesterday. Other half would not be able to tell you what PVR stood for, let alone install it!

Times have moved on for us wimmin.
    LOL! Guess who helps bf with his pc problems - and I thought I was the ultimate Luddite...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post
    Agree, Nancy, very insulting. My OH is one of those who can just about play the basic version of Patience and I have had to write down a A-Z list of how to send an email for him.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Cookbooks View Post

Times have moved on for us wimmin. Or do your friends still use the dolly tub?
    I was laughing at what you said about the PVR. It doesn't matter WHAT comes into this house, Sammy opens it - then hands the Instruction manuals to ME. That also applies to HIS Xbox 360 games. If there's any problems with the PVR, TV, DVD etc - guess who has to fix them?

Many of my friends - who are quite a bit younger anyway - wouldn't even know what a "dolly-tub" WAS! Jeez! Some of them have probably never even SEEN a mangle or a scrubbing board!
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

That bit was directed at boand susan, Nancy. I deleted it because I thought there was some confusion when I quoted from your post.

No, I couldn't imagine any of your friends using a dolly tub

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    So tired of discussing this subject - PLEASE eBid something needs to be done about it. Our customers need to have total confidence in the site to be able to press that bid button freely and not worry if a seller has gone AWOL !
    Agree. But afraid it's never going to happen.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    No.

Whatever you paid bought you the right to list items for sale on eBid. It did not buy you any shares in eBid or the right to direct its business.

The only 'say' members have is whatever say the owners of eBid choose to allow us - which may be lots , some, little, or none at all.

Members would do well to remember to phrase suggestions as suggestions and not as demands/ultimatums.

Now where is that "Like" button??

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think something needs to be done.
    As Kim says, the boys must know about our concerns.

They obviously don't think its a major problem.

Perhaps they have a bigger picture than us.

But if hundreds of people voted in this poll, they might have another look at it.

Make your mind up!!!!.....lol

Thread Information