1 2.44%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Thinking and acting simultaneously to bring about needed change is the best of both worlds. Change takes commitment, time & energy. Change is usually scarry for most people. Ebid is a membership site & one that is actively promoting life time membership. True members should have a voice in the future growth of the site that they are suppose to be a part of.

Therefore theweaverboy's quote: "Sorry but I think it high time we members stop suggesting and start pushing." is not so radical as it sounds. It is a bit scarry though I think. The question though goes back to the points raised by luvintage. This is not an easy issue to "fix"; it will take time; G&M are probably aware of the issue & taking some steps.....but "membership has it's priviledges". The members of eBid should be allowed to actively participate in shaping eBid's present & future growth. This place is becoming just too large for a G&M operation only. It's time to grow.

Well if they are looking to hire I'd love to be there idea guy. I would require just some pencils and a drop ceiling.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

LOL! I wouldn't mind working in a think tank. :-)

I haven't voted -not because of apathy - but, as usual with these polls, there is an assumption that everything in life is black and white: for and against. Obviously, that is not so.
    Yes, something needs to be done and, having had experience of a seller who obviously never visits his site, I would welcome a solution. But, you know what? I wouldn't dream of telling the guys HOW to do it. It is THEIR site. We need to remember that.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have a good point; but owners hire consultants everyday of the week. Some consultants are given prescriptive license (to tell the owner what to do); and this is given by the owner themselves.It is done because the owner has the best interest of their company or organization in mind. Some owners only want advise & counsel to do their own interventions. Both routes are appropriate. What better advisors could one have than their own members.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question:: If someone asks a seller a question about an item s/he has for sale, isn't the seller sent an email?
    I think so.
    IF that is true, then the email should be a sufficient prompt to the seller to answer.
    IF the seller doesn't answer, then that means one of several things: 1) They are out of business, but didn't delete listings. 2) They are ill, away from a computer, deceased, have a broken computer and didn't put on a notice saying there was a problem before it happened....... 3) They have changed their email address and not updated ebid with the new one AND not had old emails forwarded to new address.
    JUST having someone log in occasionally is not the solution. Logging in doesn't mean you get your emails/questions, nor does it mean you respond to them.
    Seems to me that having an email go out to all sellers on a monthly basis, to which they need to reply by clicking on a link, would help ensure that at least they had the potential to read their questions. I understand there are ways around this, which some might utilize to avoid actual contact, but I believe it would be a good step. On a stock photo site I submit to, this process is used. Despite the fact that I log on frequently, have activity, and receive emails, I still get this 'You need to verify your email address to continue" communication ----which is fine with me. If I don't respond within some time frame, my account and pics are deleted.

I believe the Run Until Sold is the biggest culprit here, which is a shame as many good sellers use it to great advantage. That seems to be where the biggest time issue comes into play. Other listings eventually fall off the face of the earth if no one re-activates them.......and the seller quietly disappears into the sunset.

Maybe being a seller of any type should come with the requirement that the seller log in and verify their email address monthly, and if they don't, then their listings go to a big holding pattern in the sky until they return to claim them. This would mean that they could retrieve their listings when they re-log in, so they wouldn't lose everything if there was a problem in their life. If they didn't retrieve them, then, at some point in time, as space dictated, the unclaimed listings could be deleted. It would keep a lot of orphan listings from always being on display, but never really 'adopted.'
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I respect the fact that it is Gazza and Mark's site.
    And that I have only been here for a year.
    But most of us are lifetime Members.
    And as Burgyeb says, surely that entitles us to some sort of say.
    After all we are the ones at the forefront of trying to sell on here.

Obviously when it comes to financial things the boys need to have the say.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    So tired of discussing this subject - PLEASE eBid something needs to be done about it. Our customers need to have total confidence in the site to be able to press that bid button freely and not worry if a seller has gone AWOL !

A BIG A-men to that!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

They do seem to do sweeps of redundant or invalid listings.
    That is when our listings totals drop by huge amounts, and we all cry.
    But it is necessary to keep the site active

I wonder how many of some of our alt competitions listings are dead and invalid.
    After all they are mostly run unitl sold on there. (parking ?)

Thread Information