Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Forum Lurker
    View boandsusan's Feedback (+1187)
    All-About boandsusan
    View boandsusan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

As you stated in another thread, I am new to ebid. So I will can only tell you from my experience on other sites. To your first question, almost all new buyers purchase the first item they are interested in and see, 2/3rd do not read the description, as they do not know to scroll down. 2nd question. Hardly any new buyer even knows what feedback is, let alone read it. Most do not leave feedback until their 3-5th purchase. Also, most brand new buyers are women who have had their children or husbands teach them just enough about a computor, to be able to shop on sites such as ebid etc. This is why it is so important for them to have a great first buy experience. How do I know this? On my other sites, over 30% are return customers every month, just under 30% are seasoned, one time buyers(they buy large amounts at once for free shipping), and the last 30% but to me the most important, are brand new buyers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    When it comes to using software, people generally just go where the need to go.
    They do not spend time reading each screen (page) to see what options there are.
    Especially in todays busy world.

So whilst it is good that that tab is there, I doubt if many new buyers would look there.

And we need some research/input into this qustion.

How many new buyers would come on to a site such as ebid and buy an item as soon as they saw it.
    How many would research for other listings and check on the sellers About Me page and feedback etc.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think people are "playing a game" with this issue. I think that it doesn't take very long before we realize that we really are beating the dead horse.

Awhile back I made a spreadsheet of all the people(in a certain category) that hadn't signed in, in 6 mos. Some went back two years. Yet, they had active listings.

My post was deleted. So, I tamed it down, sent the spreadsheet to administration-got a nice note back that they would look into it.

We(the forum) debated the issue for days-lots of really good ideas came out. Some of us got tired of it-not apathy-just weariness. How many times can you say the same things?

It will change only when admin decides to change it but I don't think it hurts to bring it up now and again especially when customers complain on a regular basis in the forums.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps we could just get a bottle of white out and put it across their names when we run across them. Think that would work?

Forum Lurker
    All-About boandsusan
    Forum Posts

WOW! 2yrs inactive and still have listings? So when someone states " Woohoo! ebid has reached x amount of listings", its actually way off the mark if you were looking for bonafide active listings? I believe quality listings would be far better in helping ebid grow than quantity.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    I don't think people are "playing a game" with this issue. I think that it doesn't take very long before we realize that we really are beating the dead horse.

Awhile back I made a spreadsheet of all the people(in a certain category) that hadn't signed in, in 6 mos. Some went back two years. Yet, they had active listings.

My post was deleted. So, I tamed it down, sent the spreadsheet to administration-got a nice note back that they would look into it.

We(the forum) debated the issue for days-lots of really good ideas came out. Some of us got tired of it-not apathy-just weariness. How many times can you say the same things?

It will change only when admin decides to change it but I don't think it hurts to bring it up now and again especially when customers complain on a regular basis in the forums.

Forum Lurker
    All-About boandsusan
    Forum Posts

LOL I`llnever get tired of saying it Sher, YOU ROCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post
    Perhaps we could just get a bottle of white out and put it across their names when we run across them. Think that would work?

All-About luvintage
    Forum Posts

I think that Ebid does do a "sweep" periodically and that's why the numbers drop drastically sometimes. There was a glitch in the sweep though (I remember reading about it but can't remember what it was all about) and for some reason it wasn't catching all the very old listings.

Also, didn't we hear, recently, that there is a new time limit for signing in? I was away from the boards for quite awhile and only caught the tail end of that discussion.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi All, I chose not to vote because I'm not comfortable with a for or against format. I'm personally dealing with a seller that I purchased 2 items from and they have not responded to any email. No invoice, no communication, no nothing. I did happen to see an unusual flashing message about the seller closing their auctions due to illness. But the auctions went through, the seller is not there. I did not leave a negative. Never saw this happen before. That seller could be very sick or worse. My basic thought was, "why were those auctions allowed to go through when it appeared the seller tried to send an alert". There are sometimes grey areas, and a for or against vote just won't cover.

I am all for cleaning up the site of inactive sellers, but G&M hold the key to getting that done. I have never seen them respond to strong arm tactics. I believe they have to be aware of the sentiments of many buyers and sellers about this issue. Ultimately it would be to their benefit to address this issue as well as for the benefit of eBid users.

BTW: Both those auctions closed at 1 penny with free delivery. I do not expect the seller to complete those auctions.

Many times I see the same issues that have be brought up before brought up again. Sorry Mark and Gazza but if you don't get up and do some road work this site isn't going to ever get a shot at the title. The evil empire will remain and you'll be something they laugh at. I've been here since 2008 and in that time you have add categories, improved the shipping calculator MILDLY to calculate weight for 1 quantity, and changed the logo...

So 1 improvement a year is a good thing? Sorry but I think it high time we members stop suggesting and start pushing.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Many times I see the same issues that have be brought up before brought up again. Sorry Mark and Gazza but if you don't get up and do some road work this site isn't going to ever get a shot at the title. The evil empire will remain and you'll be something they laugh at. I've been here since 2008 and in that time you have add categories, improved the shipping calculator MILDLY to calculate weight for 1 quantity, and changed the logo...

So 1 improvement a year is a good thing? Sorry but I think it high time we members stop suggesting and start pushing.
    I hear your points, and consider them well taken. There is an issue however. Who is suppose to carry the ball while you are working and in school. Activism takes alot of energy. I'm certainly not against "actually getting things done" but I know when things are started there is a responsibility to continue that effort to completion. Stirring up activity without a concrete plan to bring a change about can sometimes be worse than doing nothing at all. Do you have a concrete plan?

All-About luvintage
    Forum Posts

I agree with Burgy. There's a lot to really think about.

But, what is good for some, is not good for others. Some really valid and good points were made by people who objected to some of the ideas that I thought were really good.

I think it is good to bring the issue to the forefront now and again but I don't think there is a quick fix. If I'm right about the new time limit for signing in and the bug fix to catch some of the older listings, then I'd have to say that they are working on it. I'm sure finding an equitable solution is a mind bender for even the sharpest minds.

Thread Information