Thread: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Last login time under ID/USERNAME

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    And business as usual continues in eBidville............
    As is right and proper.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post
    Having some serious discussion should not be considered being beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Nothing.

Seriously, How does one make the quantum leap from the two above points that both carry significant weight? The requested action by Administration may not come to fruition. However, the multitude of issues raised in this thread are staggering. Those issues impact every eBidder & particularly those who are life time members of eBid. Some of the issues I noticed included:

-Inactive Sellers/Negative Impact on New Buyers/Reputation of Site/Negative Impact on Sales
    -Administration's Responsiveness To Expressed Needs of Its Members
    -Member's role in shaping present & future direction and growth of eBid/Member Voice/Member Involvement
    -Apathy of Administration/Members
    -Fear of Change
    -Fear>Apathy>No Change
    -Vehicles of Change: Activism, Waiting, Leaving, Use of Consultants or Advisors
    -Articulated/Visible Plan Definition Needed
    -Autocratic Structure of Management vs Decentralized Structure of Management
    -Administration's Vision For eBid?, i.e., "All that it can be"
    -Forum Master/Spokesperson Needed To Organize A Response To Administration
    -The Call For Member Autonomy
    -Other Issues As Perceived By Thread Participants

These issues have opened my thoughts about my involvement on eBid and how it fits into my plans. Even if nothing comes of this or any other expressed need of the eBid community, it will more than likely impact planning decisions for many.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Seriously, How does one make the quantum leap from the two above points that both carry significant weight? The requested action by Administration may not come to fruition. However, the multitude of issues raised in this thread are staggering. Those issues impact every eBidder & particularly those who are life time members of eBid. Some of the issues I noticed included:

-Inactive Sellers/Negative Impact on New Buyers/Reputation of Site/Negative Impact on Sales
    -Administration's Responsiveness To Expressed Needs of Its Members
    -Member's role in shaping present & future direction and growth of eBid/Member Voice/Member Involvement
    -Apathy of Administration/Members
    -Fear of Change
    -Fear>Apathy>No Change
    -Vehicles of Change: Activism, Waiting, Leaving, Use of Consultants or Advisors
    -Plan Definition Needed
    -Autocratic Structure of Management vs Decentralized Structure of Management
    -Administration's Vision For eBid?, i.e., "All that it can be"
    -Forum Master/Spokesperson Needed To Organize A Response To Administration
    -The Call For Member Autonomy
    -Other Issues As Perceived By Thread Participants

These issues have opened my thoughts about my involvement on eBid and how it fits into my plans. Even if nothing comes of this or any other expressed need of the eBid community, it will more than likely impact planning decisions for many.

Not sure how any of that follows on from the post of mine you quoted. So in case it clarifies anything, I'll say that the question was what happens next after the poll finishes, so the natural chain of the conversation at that point was about the *poll* and its significance, which I believe to be negligible. That is NOT the same as saying nothing changes at eBid (not a belief I hold). I do not believe that major site changes should be made at the whim of a couple of dozen users taking part in a forum poll. I don't think ebid make all the right choices (for my preferences), but I do like that they seem to have a balance of user wishes and their own business plan when making these decisions.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Not sure how any of that follows on from the post of mine you quoted. So in case it clarifies anything, I'll say that the question was what happens next after the poll finishes, so the natural chain of the conversation at that point was about the *poll* and its significance, which I believe to be negligible. That is NOT the same as saying nothing changes at eBid (not a belief I hold). I do not believe that major site changes should be made at the whim of a couple of dozen users taking part in a forum poll. I don't think ebid make all the right choices (for my preferences), but I do like that they seem to have a balance of user wishes and their own business plan when making these decisions.
    It follows because "the poll" represents for some a mechanism for getting their voice heard. I did not vote on the poll because I am never comfortable with the "for or against" model. It never represents my position. I did not want the serious issues addressed in this thread to be interpreted by anyone as not being considered serious. I know you were speaking of the poll. You will not see the statement "Nothing changes at eBid" anywhere on my post. I believe that major site changes should not be based on whims but a carefully thought out plan balanced with member input. The raising of many of these issues had a definite impact on me personally.

BTW: The statement "...even if nothing comes of this" is referring to "the poll & this thread".

If enough people consider it valid maybe eBid would take a look at. We have to keep trying. Just curious what are there plans for the future?

More categories and a better ninja lister?

Sorry but Feebay didn't develop those sorts of things off the bat. Don't look at what they just did look at there infrastructure. They had many things down before those features came along.

Superb shipping calculator, best-offer, and ADVERTISING of course.

Would a better visible login date be better then the above... no but it's a small thing that could make the site more visibly active. The buyer will easily know if they are dealing with an active person.

They are jacking up the fees over there yeah a gain, and now they are look to take a cut of the shipping when you don't offer FREE Shipping. Which is totally moronic, because shipping isn't nor will ever be free. Unless someone gets teleportation down pat that is. They want more FVF "11% on Buy It Now" and they frankly don't care how they get it. Is even legal for them to do this?

I'm sorry if some do not agree with it the choices on the poll, but somethings should be black and white. We have to come together and unify as Lifetime Sellers. Let them know that we want to help make them successful.

I have yet to find any information of the owners/developers selling histories when it comes to selling online. If they haven't done it what exactly would they know about it.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Just curious what are there plans for the future?

I have yet to find any information of the owners/developers selling histories when it comes to selling online. If they haven't done it what exactly would they know about it.
    We'd all like to know what is on their to do list, but they seem to keep it to themselves.

They have been running ebid for about 10 years, so they have probably picked up a few tips along the way.

True Julie, but what have they done with them in 10 years?

# Weaverboy...

If enough people consider it valid maybe eBid would take a look at. We have to keep trying. Just curious what are there plans for the future?

The validity of your opening post isn't the question here. However, as far as I can see,no conclusion has been reached.

We have to come together and unify as Lifetime Sellers.

Do we? How many Lifetime Sellers do we have on eBid? Your poll shows 30 responses. Hardly a representative sample.

The arrogance of this statement defies comment.

Oh don't you want to get this site cooking? ;-)

Just checked the news and hot dog they fixed the shipping calculator. Holds head... I have over 300 listing to edit. Careful what you wish for you just might get it LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Oh don't you want to get this site cooking? ;-)

Just checked the news and hot dog they fixed the shipping calculator. Holds head... I have over 300 listing to edit. Careful what you wish for you just might get it LOL!
    Didn't see anything about fixing the U.S. shipping calculator, just Canadian. Where did you see it? Thanks.

Thread Information