eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the eBid rules regarding the selling of used clothing?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What are the eBid rules regarding the selling of used clothing?

Quote Originally Posted by bluejypsy View Post
    Please consider putting them in a doorstep charity bag. Although I agree with other posts that second hand underwear is not something I would wear, sadly as most of think the same way it is underwear that the charities cry out for, especially for the homeless. My friend worked with Salvation Army and she said that there were many who were without undergarments and socks simply because We as givers thought no one would want them. Such a shame.

Sorry Sue, I got carried away writing this before reading to the bottom of the page
    No problem, I agree fully. I've heard similar stories around here, glad I didn't overstep with my suggestion though, as I realize things are different from region to region.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What are the eBid rules regarding the selling of used clothing?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    I agree heartily about never buying used underwear and socks, although, and I hope this isn't hypocritical, I would consider selling used nappies which I take to be diapers in "American". This is because I have a rather large stash of 100% cotton birdseye diapers from the 1970s when I diligently used them on my children instead of disposables. They make excellent cleaning cloths and are relatively lintfree for mirrors. I can see how offering used diapers might possibly offend some people and so far have kept them for my own use. But I have more than a lifetime supply!

Naturally they've always been washed with plenty of detergent, hot water and bleach, and I would expect any buyer, if there ever IS one, to launder them immediately upon receiving them, even though they're already very clean.

There are nappy laundering companies doing well here in the UK so there must be people that are OK with using nappies worn by other babies for their babies.

There weren't any nappy laundering companies in the UK (to my knowledge) in the early eighties when my children were babies but I would have definitely used one of these companies.

On eBid....I would only buy and sell used outer clothing

Thread Information