eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the eBid rules regarding the selling of used clothing?

Forum Newbie
    Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View stormyweatherz's Feedback (+5)
    All-About stormyweatherz
    View stormyweatherz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question What are the eBid rules regarding the selling of used clothing?

Hi there!

Could anyone let me know what the rules are regarding the selling of used clothing - including underwear on eBid? This is not a dodgy post honest!

Am in the middle of having a huge spring clear out with loads of family clothing including underwear that have been worn once, laundered & left in the back of the closet & not seen the light of day since now! The clothing & underwear are all in great wearable condition, the only defect being that some are missing their size/brand labels as they were cut at purchase.

Many thanks for your help!

SP

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What are the eBid rules regarding the selling of used clothing?

Personally I would not buy used underwear even if it has been laundered. Underwear should be sold in unopened package. Used clothing if it is name brand for adults ok and kids clothes should do ok.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Used clothing in good nick is OK - I've got some listed myself (only worn once/tried on). But used UNDIES??? Not on your life! Even if they were only worn for a short period of time - like a couple of hours - they are still WORN and as such should never be up for sale. There IS a website I came across once that actually sells used knickers, etc - and unlaundered too! I nearly had a fit and a bad turn when I saw it! Pass the barf bag, please!
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personally, if I sell any used clothing, I would only sell in the condition I would buy i.e. laundered, no perfume aromas, no stains, and ready to wear.

Used clothing is OK to sell with the exception of underwear, swimwear, terry towelling nappies, socks

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree heartily about never buying used underwear and socks, although, and I hope this isn't hypocritical, I would consider selling used nappies which I take to be diapers in "American". This is because I have a rather large stash of 100% cotton birdseye diapers from the 1970s when I diligently used them on my children instead of disposables. They make excellent cleaning cloths and are relatively lintfree for mirrors. I can see how offering used diapers might possibly offend some people and so far have kept them for my own use. But I have more than a lifetime supply!

Naturally they've always been washed with plenty of detergent, hot water and bleach, and I would expect any buyer, if there ever IS one, to launder them immediately upon receiving them, even though they're already very clean.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Used "outer" clothing is fine, I get most of my clothes second hand form charity shops and whatnot anyway.
    I wouldnt want secondhand undies/ swimwear though, however well washed it was! I would suspect it wouldnt be allowed to be sold on here anyway because of pervies.

Forum Newbie
    Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View stormyweatherz's Feedback (+5)
    All-About stormyweatherz
    View stormyweatherz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: What are the eBid rules regarding the selling of used clothing?

(: Thank you so much for all your responses.. they have been very helpful & informative! Will hang on to the clothing that's in good nick & get rid of the undies.. Off to the bin they go! Many thanks! SP

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with the above; used clothing yes, I both buy and sell, used undies, no. I do sell a few undergarments here and there, but they've never been worn and still have the tags, the only undies I'd ever buy would have to be in similar condition.

That said, there are places around here like Goodwill and Salvation Army that accept used clothing donations of all kinds, if you have similar places that sell/donate used items to the less fortunate you might want to contact them before ditching the undies if they're in reasonably good condition.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    Last edited by suesjools; 26th April 2011 at 11:03 AM.

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stormyweatherz View Post
    (: Thank you so much for all your responses.. they have been very helpful & informative! Will hang on to the clothing that's in good nick & get rid of the undies.. Off to the bin they go! Many thanks! SP
    Please consider putting them in a doorstep charity bag. Although I agree with other posts that second hand underwear is not something I would wear, sadly as most of think the same way it is underwear that the charities cry out for, especially for the homeless. My friend worked with Salvation Army and she said that there were many who were without undergarments and socks simply because We as givers thought no one would want them. Such a shame.

Sorry Sue, I got carried away writing this before reading to the bottom of the page
    Last edited by bluejypsy; 26th April 2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Apologies to Sue.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Thread Information