eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Economical fixes to the site???

Question Economical fixes to the site???

Now I’m no computer wiz but I was wondering if anyone has any suggests on economical upgrades for the site? Obviously they can’t do certain upgrades because of the expense of time and money.

A few things I think would be relatively simple are listed below. If you a computer wiz and I am incorrect in my assumptions please feel free to correct me.

1.) Seller’s choice to add a best offer option. Click the box or don’t. It is up to the seller.

2.) For messages to be private, or left for the sellers discretion to post on a listing. Were is the trust? If you are worried about someone playing games make it impossible to delete messages. Have them auto delete after 90 days I guess. If there is a problem look at the messages sent for the 2 parties involve.

3.) Last login time under a member’s ID/username. Are they on within 24 hours or has it be 6 months? Buyers will see which sellers are current and sellers will see if the buyer that won or bought there item hasn’t been around since.

That is about for me, if anyone has any other economical upgrade suggests feel free to post. If it is a good one I’ll put it underneath here with you name if you like.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Economical fixes to the site???

4) Don't show the big red cross - "Is it selling"

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Weaverboy, without site of the code, I don't think you can say what is economical to do!
    Bearing that in mind, I would only want number 3 as a matter of any urgency.

When are you seeing this cross, Julie? As far as I can see only the seller sees it and that is no problem, surely?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Weaverboy, without site of the code, I don't think you can say what is economical to do!
    Quite.

Bearing that in mind, I would only want number 3 as a matter of any urgency.

When are you seeing this cross, Julie? As far as I can see only the seller sees it and that is no problem, surely?
    I don't know about "is it selling", but on closed listing searches there's the "did it sell" one, isn't there? I don't think people like that very much.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Even with the code the average person would not know what is economical.
    And one programmer often finds it hard to look over another programmers work.

But there are some things that are simple wording or "cosmetic" changes.
    These would only take a few minutes.

I do know a bit about computer programming.
    But other tings that we might think are simple, might be impossible or very time consuming, due to the way the original program was set up.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Quite.

I don't know about "is it selling", but on closed listing searches there's the "did it sell" one, isn't there? I don't think people like that very much.
    I've looked at that and, yes, it looks very unfriendly!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

3.) Last login time under a member’s ID/username. Are they on within 24 hours or has it be 6 months? Buyers will see which sellers are current and sellers will see if the buyer that won or bought there item hasn’t been around since.

This has been mentioned before and, IMHO, would be a very valuable tool for all eBidders. At present you can check sellers with stores by going to the store and clicking on About This Store to see when the seller last logged in, but it would be nice to have this info. available for the rest.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post

2.) For messages to be private, or left for the sellers discretion to post on a listing. Were is the trust? If you are worried about someone playing games make it impossible to delete messages. Have them auto delete after 90 days I guess. If there is a problem look at the messages sent for the 2 parties involve.
    I think you're referring to the messages in the Question box at the bottom of a listing, which is the only way for someone to communicate with a seller? You CAN remove these from a listing after the conversation is finished (if you wish to). Blackball the person who asked the question, and check the boxes to remove their questions. Exit. Go back in and remove the blackball (if you wish to). I don't know if they can be removed from completed sales, but I don't know why anyone would want to.

WOW Tias don't make it overly complicated or anything. There are people just starting and if they don't find the site user friendly/easy they won't use it. Let's make the site an automatic and not a stick shift to drive on the this cyberspace ride;-)

Thread Information