My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Love my Cricut - anyone else?

Default Re: I Love my Cricut - anyone else?

Hi Blossomtree, have just seen your post.you hav,nt stated which model you have, we think you may have the original silhouette. there have been quite a few upgrades since they first came out. this is a very helpful site that we think will solve your problems.....www.silhouetteamerica.com when you get into the site click "support" then software downloads. a short time ago silhouette and craft robo joined forces and became "craftrobo silhouette" which run on the silhouette studio software for which drivers are not needed. if you click on studio software download, you will get the option of either mac or windows, windows will cover 7, xp and vista.
    we think this is what you need, but please check it out because we are not sure which machine you are using.
    hope this helps....rod&carol

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View WorleGirl's Feedback (+929)
    All-About WorleGirl
    View WorleGirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyHabitat View Post
    Hi Blossomtree, have just seen your post.you hav,nt stated which model you have, we think you may have the original silhouette. there have been quite a few upgrades since they first came out. this is a very helpful site that we think will solve your problems.....www.silhouetteamerica.com when you get into the site click "support" then software downloads. a short time ago silhouette and craft robo joined forces and became "craftrobo silhouette" which run on the silhouette studio software for which drivers are not needed. if you click on studio software download, you will get the option of either mac or windows, windows will cover 7, xp and vista.
    we think this is what you need, but please check it out because we are not sure which machine you are using.
    hope this helps....rod&carol
    Many thanks for the pointer - I have sent them an email to confirm what my next step ought to be. The model I have is graphtec's Craft Robo Lite CC300-20. It looks the same as the Silhouette. Will let you know how I get on!
    Craft Clearout
    (Most new, some hardly used)

Handmade by Jenny
    (my hobby results in lovingly handmade items that need a new home!)

Music

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Just had a reply from SilhouetteAmerica and the following covers the CraftRobo CC300-200 if you have operating Windows 7 (x64 based). I haven't been able to register my graphtec machine with them and am waiting for a response, but in terms of designing and cutting, it's all here. Thanks to Rod & Carol for the pointers

Please visit http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software.aspx to download and install "Silhouette Studio". This is a newer software program our company is now offering as the standard offered software for the Silhouette and Silhouette SD.
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

I have looked at these often enough, but not sure they would do what I want them to do - or do it fast enough.

Can one do ones own template shapes? or are the templates purchased pre-defined?

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I have looked at these often enough, but not sure they would do what I want them to do - or do it fast enough.

Can one do ones own template shapes? or are the templates purchased pre-defined?
    Hiya,

I don't have the Cricut so can't really answer about those machines, but I have the CraftRobo Lite instead to which, Yes, You can create your own template shapes with the CraftRobo/Silhouette. The link I gave is the program and is much more user friendly than the original released in '08/'09. A few click and play on the icons shows you what each one does. I love the way the shapes move back to place when you click the undo!

There's some pre defined templates, and with some imagination, they can be used to create your own designs. It may take some time and experimenting with cutting (My CRLite doesn't like the glitter card or mirror foil weights I have - a bit to high quality for it I think!) but if you take the plunge, you should enjoy it. It may take some time for your initial masterpiece, but as mentioned, you can use the 50 templates already supplied or start cutting out letters with ease.

HobbyHabitat are pros at this kind of thing (I'm just a beginner of the application) and have many a good advice. You might want to PM them if they don't respond here first

Good Luck with your choice!
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

[QUOTE=BlossomTree;1363169]Hiya,

I don't have the Cricut so can't really answer about those machines, but I have the CraftRobo Lite instead to which, Yes, You can create your own template shapes with the CraftRobo/Silhouette. The link I gave is the program and is much more user friendly than the original released in '08/'09. A few click and play on the icons shows you what each one does. I love the way the shapes move back to place when you click the undo!

There's some pre defined templates, and with some imagination, they can be used to create your own designs. It may take some time and experimenting with cutting (My CRLite doesn't like the glitter card or mirror foil weights I have - a bit to high quality for it I think!) but if you take the plunge, you should enjoy it. It may take some time for your initial masterpiece, but as mentioned, you can use the 50 templates already supplied or start cutting out letters with ease.

HobbyHabitat are pros at this kind of thing (I'm just a beginner of the application) and have many a good advice. You might want to PM them if they don't respond here first

would just add that we found cutting glitter was a no no, cutting blades do not last long on glitter, and at £40 a throw for good ones, it makes glitter die cuts very expensive. thick mirri card is very hard to cut, but mirri paper is brilliant, just remember to cut "shiny side up"

THanks for help Blossom - appreciated.

Looks like I need one that prints AND cuts - went to that website, and sent them a message, so will see what response I get.

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    THanks for help Blossom - appreciated.

Looks like I need one that prints AND cuts - went to that website, and sent them a message, so will see what response I get.
    Excellent! HH also mentioned a new release in October. Perhaps some enlightenment is required

Let us know how you get on and how much such models set back price-wise! Not sure it's in my shopping list but, you never know!
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I found this very interesting, but it just confirmed what I thought - I'll continue to let others do the cutting for me

hi mags, there is the original silhouette and a silhouette sd, they both print and cut. they are a bit fiddly until you get the hang of it, but i think it is only print and cut on some, not all of their designs,and not your own designs.

Thread Information