Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Some explanation is needed...

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some explanation is needed...

[QUOTE=emporiumdays;1323291][B

#3. They're happy enough with it the way it is, because it keeps the membership numbers 'culled' to a manageable level.

[/B]

There really cannot be any truth in this - or they wouldn't be advertising.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

If a new member joins and straight away signs up for the lifetime offer, then within a short time gets a strikethough. Do they get their money refunded?
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    If a new member joins and straight away signs up for the lifetime offer, then within a short time gets a strikethough. Do they get their money refunded?
    That's an interesting question - but I don't have knowledge of the answer.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Anyone put on temporary hold or guilty of innocent mistakes is emailed with a reason and details of any offending auction. Details on how to reopen their account are also given. This has been the case for a number of years.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well that answers madelaine's opening query regarding the emails .....

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    I agree that the first step would be for eBid to see the need.

But surely, if this has been a problem for (at least) the past 3 years, then wouldn't eBid already be aware of this?
    I would have thought that they must be.
    And if they are aware of these member losses, then there must be reasons why they still allow it to happen .....

Which, (now my imagination runs free), could be due to....

#1. They simply don't have the time to go about implementing the changes (there are other current and more pressing priorities)
    #2. To make the appropriate (effective) changes would mean too much ongoing workload/cost.

#3. They're happy enough with it the way it is, because it keeps the membership numbers 'culled' to a manageable level.

So who really knows? I'm sure some members don't
    even care if eBid is going to adress this.
    And I'm sure there are yet other members who would really really like to know....

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I don't know what can be done but I think a good start would be to for eBid to see the need -----

NEVER have the system set to put in a strikethrough or remove a bid as only a live individual should be able to process something that critical.

A bidder should NEVER be given a strikethrough and a bid should NEVER be removed because of one single bid no matter what the reason is they made it. If a problem arises because of a single bid I am sure the seller would be happy to notify eBid.

A strikethrough should NEVER be done without PLAINLY notifying the person receiving it by email explaining why it was being done. And I feel that in almost all cases the strikethrough should not be made until the problem causing it has been discussed and the individual has had an opportunity to make any needed corrections. If there are so many occurrences that eBid cannot handle them with a live person then I suspect they have their security to strong so adjusting their criteria for a strikethrough may be in order.
    Hi emporiumdays,

My feeling as to your #1 and #2.

#3 -- I just don't this is in any way eBid's feelings and I think they are extremely interested in their site for more than 'just' numbers. I think they just do not understand the magnitude of the destruction this has and is doing to the buying side of eBid.

I can strongly say (EVEN SHOUT) that except on the buying side of eBid I have never found a site I like and enjoy listing on as much as I do eBid including their support system.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Anyone put on temporary hold or guilty of innocent mistakes is emailed with a reason and details of any offending auction. Details on how to reopen their account are also given. This has been the case for a number of years.

Gazza
    It does look as if this is a direct answer to the OP question and I cannot explain why the people that were involved with me said they did not receive any email concerning their hold until after they had tried to sign in and then contacted support to see what was wrong.

And I feel that in almost all cases the strikethrough should not be made until the problem causing it has been discussed and the individual has had an opportunity to make any needed corrections.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    ... I cannot explain why the people that were involved with me said they did not receive any email concerning their hold until after they had tried to sign in and then contacted support to see what was wrong..
    We can never know for sure, of course, but people *are* pretty bad about checking their email, vetting their spam etc. Unexpected emails from somebody they don't usually hear from could easily be missed. It's then natural to say "never got", not "never saw, but might have missed".

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Gazza
    If I was new to eBid and had signed up just to buy one item that I had seen a seller advertise somewhere on the net, then I receive a strike through for not verifying (meanwhile having completed the one transaction with the one self-promoting seller I wanted to buy from) the chances are that I simply wouldn't come back to the site again.

Why do buyers need to be verified when we get paid by Paypal (which gives us their details and has already verified them) or Google Checkout (which gives us their address and takes their credit or debit card payment for us)? Surely anyone signing up as a buyer only doesn't need the same level of verification as a seller.

In fact, we have been discussing this very subject on the Pheebay forums where a link to this thread was posted.

Wouldn't it be better to allow buyers to sign up and buy without needing them to go through an intensive verification process?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0ctavias0fferings View Post
    If I was new to eBid and had signed up just to buy one item that I had seen a seller advertise somewhere on the net, then I receive a strike through for not verifying (meanwhile having completed the one transaction with the one self-promoting seller I wanted to buy from) the chances are that I simply wouldn't come back to the site again.

Why do buyers need to be verified when we get paid by Paypal (which gives us their details and has already verified them) or Google Checkout (which gives us their address and takes their credit or debit card payment for us)? Surely anyone signing up as a buyer only doesn't need the same level of verification as a seller.

In fact, we have been discussing this very subject on the Pheebay forums where a link to this thread was posted.

Wouldn't it be better to allow buyers to sign up and buy without needing them to go through an intensive verification process?
    I thought it was only seller accounts that went through verification, I must admit. Buyers don't have to register a card, so how can anything be verified?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I thought it was only seller accounts that went through verification, I must admit. Buyers don't have to register a card, so how can anything be verified?
    I think the IP address, postal address & phone number of everyone who joins is checked, & obviously they have to have a valid email address.
    To stop people putting in fictitious details, & then going on an auction wrecking spree.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 13th April 2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information