Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Some explanation is needed...

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some explanation is needed...

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    .. to new members who end up with a strikethru. I understand that no email is sent explaining why this has happened or what the member needs to do to regain good standing on ebid. This is incredibly unfriendly towards new members and I believe it drives people away. I would certainly not return to a site which suspended my account without explanation. It has happened recently to two buyers who bought and paid immediately. Such people need to be cherished not driven away!
    I agree. It would be helpful to all, to have an explanation and a differentiation of 'account being verified' and 'robbing git who is currently on trial for cyber heist'.

.. to new members who end up with a strikethru. I understand that no email is sent explaining why this has happened or what the member needs to do to regain good standing on ebid. This is incredibly unfriendly towards new members and I believe it drives people away. I would certainly not return to a site which suspended my account without explanation. It has happened recently to two buyers who bought and paid immediately. Such people need to be cherished not driven away!

Great thread.
    his really does need sorting out, because this has happened to a few of my buyers now.

Jane

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've only just caught up with this thread....

I'm not 100% sure that 'no email' is sent (in all cases), but I do agree that the right and proper thing to do is to send a polite e-mail, encouraging co-operation from the member concerned. That way, if it's some simple issue that's easily rectified, then a valuable member would have been retained. I would rather try to 'gain a friend' than run the risk of 'creating an enemy'.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I asked the question on KT and was told there was none. Certainly the seller involved with a strikethru buyer gets nothing if they have already paid.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

Hi maidelane....

The only reason I said 'I'm not 100% sure' - is because (in my case), I happened to get a notification after receiving the strike through. And I'm simply unaware of what happens with other members who get the strike through ....

Pardon my ignorance, but what's 'KT'? - thnx.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

"kitchen table"....

However, judging by the thread over there, the messages are hardly friendly! Something really must be done... though currently, I'm considering a total replan of life and ebid may well not be involved! Today is NOT going well.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    Hi maidelane....

The only reason I said 'I'm not 100% sure' - is because (in my case), I happened to get a notification after receiving the strike through. And I'm simply unaware of what happens with other members who get the strike through ....

Pardon my ignorance, but what's 'KT'? - thnx.

Hi emporiumdays,

I don't know about everyone but if you would like to read a post I made in 2007 concerning the first two times it happened to me go to #4 post in this link.

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...=strikethrough
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

Thanks ropegg, I just read your 2007 post. Incredible, it's like time has stood still for the last 3 years!
    I really don't understand why this is happening, and I'm fast getting the impression that me saying this - is yet another 'lone' voice (like yours) which will probably have no affect on helping the matter.

Ropegg - what can be done?
    I just don't understand....
    I fully realize that protections need to be in place to safeguard the eBid community from abuse, but I (like you) am sure that the existing 'protections' are losing eBid some very valuable members. This is so really, really sad.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know what can be done but I think a good start would be to for eBid to see the need -----

NEVER have the system set to put in a strikethrough or remove a bid as only a live individual should be able to process something that critical.

A bidder should NEVER be given a strikethrough and a bid should NEVER be removed because of one single bid no matter what the reason is they made it. If a problem arises because of a single bid I am sure the seller would be happy to notify eBid.

A strikethrough should NEVER be done without PLAINLY notifying the person receiving it by email explaining why it was being done. And I feel that in almost all cases the strikethrough should not be made until the problem causing it has been discussed and the individual has had an opportunity to make any needed corrections. If there are so many occurrences that eBid cannot handle them with a live person then I suspect they have their security to strong so adjusting their criteria for a strikethrough may be in order.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

I agree that the first step would be for eBid to see the need.

But surely, if this has been a problem for (at least) the past 3 years, then wouldn't eBid already be aware of this?
    I would have thought that they must be.
    And if they are aware of these member losses, then there must be reasons why they still allow it to happen .....

Which, (now my imagination runs free), could be due to....

#1. They simply don't have the time to go about implementing the changes (there are other current and more pressing priorities)
    #2. To make the appropriate (effective) changes would mean too much ongoing workload/cost.
    #3. They're happy enough with it the way it is, because it keeps the membership numbers 'culled' to a manageable level.

So who really knows? I'm sure some members don't
    even care if eBid is going to adress this.
    And I'm sure there are yet other members who would really really like to know....

Last edited by emporiumdays; 13th April 2011 at 04:28 PM.

Thread Information