Default Re: Identification Document Request

Use the help link below

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    To GlobalFreeMarkets Post or anyone else with similar experience.
    Hi, I am in a situation as well where I don't have what they want. How did it work out for you? I agree with "go back to eBay" except that they limit sales. WHY do both wait until you are on your way to throw this kink in our way. Just for that reason? Cause your in too deep? Also what happens if something sells while we are locked out? I paid money to be a +seller. Can we get it back? I have been locked out more than once for no reason and I have been going less than a month! I appreciate if you can share what happened. I sent CustS. an email and just got a canned answer. If you stayed with eBid, how has it/is it going/gone. Thank You Jackie
    PS Does anyone else find all this stuff overly invasive? Not that we can do anything about it. For instance Where in the world do we as people have to give all this Personal info to sell something? I lived on a truck delivering people everything in their lives. No address etc.Online work is perfect for over the road or on the road work.
    I believe the reason eBid are requesting further information from you is because you are still a very new member (join date Sun 12 May 2013) and you are trying to sell an expensive item
    which has triggered the alarm bells at eBid towers. eBid work hard to keep all it's members safe on this site and try their best to keep scam artists out (not saying that you are). Once you have been verified then you are good to go forever after.

Or it could be because you have an ecommerce link on your description which is a big no no on eBid.
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 21st May 2013 at 07:42 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

WHY do both wait until you are on your way to throw this kink in our way.
    I don't know about 'both', but as for eBid...

They don't know until a new seller triggers additional 'anti-scammer' checks that such checks are needed. The alternative is to put every new seller through the checks - regardless of if they are considered necessary or not. The vast majority of new sellers are likely not to be asked for addition identification details, so why put them through it?

Also what happens if something sells while we are locked out?
    I agree with you there, and have long said that a sellers listings should be suspended while the checks are carried out.

I paid money to be a +seller. Can we get it back?
    Pro rata. See: http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0035

I have been locked out more than once for no reason...
    You have not been 'locked out for no reason'; eBid decided there was a reason. You may not agree...but it is their ball.

I wish I would have known that asking a lot for an item would trigger some sort of...I don't know what to call it when they want all kinds of info I don't think I should have to give. Why don't they say, If you want to list over a certain amount you will have to do this and that. Maybe have a red flag go up and tell us or something. I would just put it for sale other ways. We are just selling everything. Our lifetime of collectibles. Learning as I go. These glitches are very frustrating. Life is so complicated already. I would waaaay rather just stay under whatever amount they say and not deal with all the extra hassle. It is also frustrating dealing with non humans and canned answers. That makes this venting all I can do and hope others can relate or understand. Happy Sales to You All!

Hi jeweleffects...Thanks Sooo Much for your reply. Wish they would just say so. haha. I will take down the link. (Oh but I can't get in to account) It was only to show a comparison. I could not find info on the vase except for that. I thought people would be more comfortable if they knew I did not pull the price out of thin air. Well sorta. Anyway, I am happy to take down anything I do wrong. Lotsa rules for the newbie. I really appreciate your input! Thank You!
    I just came back to search for more help and found your post. I would never have seen it otherwise.

I wish I would have known that asking a lot for an item would trigger some sort of...I don't know what to call it when they want all kinds of info I don't think I should have to give. Why don't they say, If you want to list over a certain amount you will have to do this and that. Maybe have a red flag go up and tell us or something. I would just put it for sale other ways. We are just selling everything. Our lifetime of collectibles. Learning as I go. These glitches are very frustrating. Life is so complicated already. I would waaaay rather just stay under whatever amount they say and not deal with all the extra hassle. It is also frustrating dealing with non humans and canned answers. That makes this venting all I can do and hope others can relate or understand. Happy Sales to You All!

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I believe the reason eBid are requesting further information from you is because you are still a very new member (join date Sun 12 May 2013) and you are trying to sell an expensive item
    which has triggered the alarm bells at eBid towers. eBid work hard to keep all it's members safe on this site and try their best to keep scam artists out (not saying that you are). Once you have been verified then you are good to go forever after.

Or it could be because you have an ecommerce link on your description which is a big no no on eBid.
    Last edited by Ebideclectics; 22nd May 2013 at 04:18 AM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I feel for you and agree that there should be some sort of alarm popup or something warning of possible procedures should a newbie try to sell an item over the amount of XXXXX

But for now, we have to do it their way.

I'm glad to see you take this all with a sense of humor

Hi jeweleffects...Thanks Sooo Much for your reply. Wish they would just say so. haha. I will take down the link. (Oh but I can't get in to account) It was only to show a comparison. I could not find info on the vase except for that. I thought people would be more comfortable if they knew I did not pull the price out of thin air. Well sorta. Anyway, I am happy to take down anything I do wrong. Lotsa rules for the newbie. I really appreciate your input! Thank You!
    I just came back to search for more help and found your post. I would never have seen it otherwise.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

I wish I would...!
    It was in the Terms & Conditions that you must have agreed to when you signed up:

We may ask you to send us additional information, such as your driver's licence or a recent utility bill to further authenticate your identity, address or ownership of a product.
    Though it is badly worded, as nobody is going to send their actual driving licence. Probably should say 'scan of...'.

It is a security procedure. Explaining exactly how your security procedures work is not a good idea. Rather like fitting a burglar alarm to your house but putting a notice with the deactivation code outside. Notification that the security exists is enough.
    Last edited by astral276; 22nd May 2013 at 09:38 AM.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Wish they would just say so. haha. I will take down the link.
    The do. In the site rules: http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#29 , these you (again) agreed to when you accepted the site's Terms & Conditions on joining. You also affirmed that your listings complied with these rules when you posted them.

Selling Off Site/The posting of Contact Details.
    • Attempts to sell off-site will mean the removal of all auctions of the seller in question. If a Q&A is received offering to buy the only response is to ask them to make a bid.
    • All Q&A responses must be made within a reasonable length of time from the time of the original question. Unanswered questions will deem the seller and thus the auction to be inactive.
    • We do not allow the posting of contact details in the auction. By this we mean telephone numbers, email addresses or links/details pertaining to a third party ecommerce site.
    • References to email or website addresses in usernames is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to '.com' '.co.uk' '.net' or 'dot'.
    That you failed to read what was there does make it irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I agree, if you're going to be checked in this way you need to know that as soon as possible. The problem seems to be that it's only triggered by certain types of auctions, but you should get the nod as soon as those criteria are met, not when you've got a sale waiting. Definitely needs improvement.
    I'm with the others ( very unprofessional, definitely needs improvement ). NOW HOW do I get out of this mess? I've already submitted the info you want. How long will this take to get back in? excitingitems

View Mountman's Feedback (+122)
    All-About Mountman
    View Mountman's Listings
    Forum Posts

You're replying to a post from 10 years ago, and the last time the member made a post was 8 years ago............

Thread Information