eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Better quality merchandise

Default Re: Better quality merchandise

I'm as mystified as Julie.

There IS a BIN button, OP. Did you intend something else?

Oops, Kimbo hopped in as I was cogitating

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trashandtreasure View Post
    I, for one joined as a lifetime member to get away from eBay. Once I noticed there were not simple things such as a buy it now button, I decided to build my own site instead.
    I am slightly confused by this comment - listings on Ebid can indeed have a "buy-it-now" button each, and at no extra cost,

I, for one joined as a lifetime member to get away from eBay. Once I noticed there were not simple things such as a buy it now button, I decided to build my own site instead.

I like the prospect of ebid, but until I can sell items the way I choose to, my shelves will be fairly bare. I would love to be able to sell here, but it is not my style...yet.

I don't want to beat a dead horse any longer. I think eBid is on the right track. I'm just not much of a hurry up and wait kind of person. If things are implemented to the way I sell, I will add my 1000's of listings. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect things to change for just me, but if they do happen to change in the future, I will hop on the eBidwagon.
    Sorry I'm confused as well, there IS a Buy Now button.
    You can choose to sell your items auction only, fixed price only, or
    both on each listing.

Do you mean no forced immediate payment button?
    Why would you want that, surely it's much better for buyers to be able to buy a number of your items

then pay for the lot in one go, after you have invoiced them?
    By forcing immediate payment, you get charged full paypal fees on every item
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I didn't mean buy it now, I meant best offer. Argh. It's been a long week. I started an upper level Biology class, and my brain is not firing like it should.

Sorry for the confusion, and sorry OP that this tread was hijacked.

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freditor View Post
    As a collector of Doc Savage magazines, I'm sorry to say that ebid is completely lacking. As much as I despise ebay, I have to go where the action is. While ebid abounds with comics and shabby Doc paperbacks, ebay is full of the original magazines that all collectors prize. I don't know how ebid may draw a better class of sellers. All one can do is wish
    When you buy from a seller on Ebay, just tell them we need them over here and that you would buy from them.

Forum Diehard
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like the prospect of ebid, but until I can sell items the way I choose to, my shelves will be fairly bare. I would love to be able to sell here, but it is not my style...yet.

I don't want to beat a dead horse any longer. I think eBid is on the right track. I'm just not much of a hurry up and wait kind of person. If things are implemented to the way I sell, I will add my 1000's of listings. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect things to change for just me, but if they do happen to change in the future, I will hop on the eBidwagon.
    Well we have a Buy It Now Price and I have had people just buy rather than bid but no we do not have a button to show them they just buy it

Forum Diehard
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post
    Well we have a Buy It Now Price and I have had people just buy rather than bid but no we do not have a button to show them they just buy it
    I'm sorry, I just checked my auction and low and behold there is that silly little BUY NOW BUTTON right there on the auction page.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didn't mean buy it now, I meant best offer. Argh. It's been a long week. I started an upper level Biology class, and my brain is not firing like it should.

Sorry for the confusion, and sorry OP that this tread was hijacked.
    Aha! Yes, I think that would be a useful addition to the site (even though it's not something I use myself). There are several threads running over the years in the suggestions forum, so we just have to hope the boys get time to develop the function sometime. I doubt they have any objections, it's probably just not seen as a priority.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wont use a best offer button. If I wanted to mess about I'd have an auction price (My best offer) and a BIN price.

Usually though I just list with a BIN price.

Thread Information