Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better quality merchandise

Forum Newbie
    View freditor's Feedback (+1)
    All-About freditor
    View freditor's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Better quality merchandise

As a collector of Doc Savage magazines, I'm sorry to say that ebid is completely lacking. As much as I despise ebay, I have to go where the action is. While ebid abounds with comics and shabby Doc paperbacks, ebay is full of the original magazines that all collectors prize. I don't know how ebid may draw a better class of sellers. All one can do is wish

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Better quality merchandise

Quote Originally Posted by freditor View Post
    As a collector of Doc Savage magazines, I'm sorry to say that ebid is completely lacking. As much as I despise ebay, I have to go where the action is. While ebid abounds with comics and shabby Doc paperbacks, ebay is full of the original magazines that all collectors prize. I don't know how ebid may draw a better class of sellers. All one can do is wish
    One draws collectors by word of mouth and specialized advertising in target publications... and sellers offering here.
    And in the real world it takes management to do their homework and Target collecting areas with asking for suggestions on how to build up the category/ies.
    Tis easy, not hard to do. Ya need folk who care and have foresight.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm sure there are many things you could do other than just wish. Why not pray, cast a few spells, sacrifice a goat and cross your fingers, too?

If none of that works, why not contact sellers who stock the items you want, tell them you would rather buy here and invite them over? Heck, give them your link and you may even make a few buddy points as well.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Fred!

I have been saying lately that we need much much more in the way of variety and quality. When others are banging on about advertising this is where their argument falls down.

for instance ebid runs big advertising push - huge numbers of buyers flock here eager to buy - among them are say ten or maybe twenty people looking for top quality Doc Savage magazines.

How many will they find? And even if they do find a few, what depth of choice will they have?So I see what you're saying. We need many more sellers, much more variety, and many,many more listings.

Things are moving in the right direction and ebid is growing steadily, putting on real muscle.

If you have 'spare' Doc Savage Mags why don't you list them? Spread the word to your suppliers etc etc.

Ebid is a 'good' place to sell in respect of level playing field & higher profits and sales though slower are growing.
    The opposite is true of ebay!

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freditor View Post
    ================================================== =================================================
    morning Fred , going by your words ( highlighted )..if a seller does not have the Doc savage that you want they are a lowere or bad class of seller...well I do not sell COMICS...I feel comics are for kids...and I object to someone saying anyone who does not sell these are not a decent seller....and I would imagine there are a lot on here who will feel the same , but might not say it............papa.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

If drawing in the best sellers and buyers (and the "best seller" is only the one who has what I want at a price I'm prepared to pay!) were easy then there would be a dozen sites challenging the market leader.

I am ebid's keenest critic but they have got one thing seriously right - organic growth. The site is gently growing every day. If you list something new, often it will sell quite quickly. If you are searching for something you will sometimes find it here and often at a better price than elsewhere.

OP, I accept that you are frustrated that the highest quality items of the sort you want are not here but it is not the site management's fault. They are providing an online shopping site not the stock!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I, for one joined as a lifetime member to get away from eBay. Once I noticed there were not simple things such as a buy it now button, I decided to build my own site instead.

I like the prospect of ebid, but until I can sell items the way I choose to, my shelves will be fairly bare. I would love to be able to sell here, but it is not my style...yet.

I don't want to beat a dead horse any longer. I think eBid is on the right track. I'm just not much of a hurry up and wait kind of person. If things are implemented to the way I sell, I will add my 1000's of listings. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect things to change for just me, but if they do happen to change in the future, I will hop on the eBidwagon.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebid does seem to be a good place for collectibles.
    Collectables seem to sell well on here.

I am not into comics and have never heard of Doc Savage.
    But as others have said, perhaps if you can spread the word around.

There are probably hundreds of other categories that ebid is light on, but as Papagran40 says, ebid is growing steadily.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trashandtreasure View Post
    I, for one joined as a lifetime member to get away from eBay. Once I noticed there were not simple things such as a buy it now button, I decided to build my own site instead.
    I don't know what you mean, I am sometimes a bit slow., but if you have some good ideas, why not start a new thread for each one in the Website Suggestions thread?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=trashandtreasure;1318546]I, for one joined as a lifetime member to get away from eBay. Once I noticed there were not simple things such as a buy it now button, I decided to build my own site instead./QUOTE]

*confused* No buy now button?

Thread Information