Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: We are now selling Retro Games !!

Default We are now selling Retro Games !!

Hello there,

Just a quick hello to everyone on ebid!! Hope everyone is well

I am now setting up a shop for old retro computers and games and have now started listing !

We will be mainly games for the following machines to start with

Commodore 64 / 128 / VIC-20 / Plus4 / C16 / Amiga
    Atari XL / XE / ST
    Sinclair Spectrum 16k / 48k / 128k / +2 / +3
    Amstrad CPC
    MSX
    Atari 2600 VCS
    Sega Master System
    Amiga CD32

We will be branching out into others but I have a lot of the above to list!!

Please feel free to have a look , I will answer any questions.

Many thanks
    Alex.

http://tds-retro-computers.ebid.net
    Alex Loche
    TDS Retro Computers / TDS Brookenby

http://tds-retro-computers.ebid.net
    http://tdsbrookenby.ebid.net

Default Re: We are now selling Retro Games !!

A suggestion on your photos. They are very yellow. You have the White Balance set incorrectly. Yellow means that you are using incandescent lighting (traditional light bulbs). If you set your white balance for that type of lighting, they will not be so yellow.

I take pictures of small items and I use CFL (Compact Florescent Lighting) 100-watt (23 watt equivalent) bulbs with a 5000 K rating (Daylight). I can leave my camera White Balance to Auto as this is very close to real daylight. Do not buy 2700 K or 3300 K since these are more common. There are also 6500 K CFL’s and I heard these might be better, I do not know. I read that these may go bluer in color. I also read that 150 watt was available and I could not find them in the hardware stores. After buying my 100-watt in the hardware store, I found the 150-watt in the local grocery store!!! Buy 150 as there is more light. Being CFL’s, they are low power in use.

I use three desk lamps with the long folding swivel arms to position my lighting to reduce shadows. I take pictures of small items like you game cartridges for Atari and this triple lightning works well. One issue I have is that the CFL bulbs are very heavy when compared to regular incandescent bulbs. This is an issue with my desk lamp arms as they are balanced to swivel for the lighter weight bulbs!!!! I have no solution for this. I tightened the hand screws for positioning the desk lamps but they get loose after a while. So keep this in mind if you try swivel desk lamps with CFL's.

One last trick is to not use a pure white background. Use a very light grey background to reduce reflection back. The white balance will work better too. I find that I can get away with a white background for most items as long as the items are not white. I generally use a white piece of paper that I take from my printer for the background. When it gets dirty, I just take another sheet of paper.

I do not sell many bigger items so I can’t help there. I generally go to natural light for them.

I am not a photo expert, just a seller that has experimented around a bit. I researched on the Internet for how to take pictures and found these inexpensive simple ways to take better photos of smaller items. I hope this helps you.

Thread Information