eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

Default Re: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

Quote Originally Posted by shinyshiny View Post
    It sounds like you are talking about licensed goods, which are legal and authorized by the brand holder. Perhaps like some of the handbag lines that do lines for Target.
    Or a diffusion line by a designer that is separate from the runway line, such as Marc by Marc Jacobs. These are all fine and legal.

The other ones, (commonly found on ioffer) are the ones that are illegal abnd using the brand name that they do not own in order to generate money for whatever shady criminal organization happens to be selling them.

dardonboi, are you addressing me personally? or whom are you addressing? As another poster stated this is more like a chat in a pub than a committee meeting where people address the Chair.

If you are addressing me, I will tell you that my love of fashion in no way means that I am unintelligent or a shallow person, and does not discredit me from stating the fact that counterfeit goods are illegal, and therefore those who sell them are criminals.

I am also well aware that illegal counterfeits are not everyone's concern. Some people only care that they get money by selling them.

As was stated earlier, these forums are for everyone and there is no obligation for me to simply report illegal counterfeits and move on and mind my own business, so I will spend my time on what I choose to spend it on, not what some other poster in a forum dictates that i should spend it on. I am just as free to discuss what I would like to discuss on these forums as you are, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has noticed that there have been a few who appear to have illegal counterfeits for sale who would also appear to be trying to silence the discussion.

I'm sorry if you feel that my thread somehow makes anyone look "dumb and behind the times", as that was definitely not my intention, and It's not really in my power to make anyone look "dumb and behind the times". If someone feels that way, they have surely only done it to themself.

You're definitely giving me too much credit and the wrong kind of credit if you think that my starting a thread about illegal activities I observed on the site is an insult to all sellers here. It's just an observation and if anyone were to be insulted by it, it would likely be an insult to any sellers who are involved in illegal activities themselves. I don't see why any honest seller not involved in such activities would have any problem with it. If someone were found to be selling crack cocaine on the site, no doubt that there would be discussion of that as well.
    Because you are spending so much time and emotion on a subject that is not going to get fixed.

No we don't want fakes sold here or ANYWHERE. No we don't want illegal substances sold here or ANYWHERE. Yes in a perfect world that would not happen, BUT it does happen.

I am not addressing you personally. I am voicing my opinions just as you are. Every time I see a thread like this I have the same feeling I had on the other side that there was no place for anyone but the fashion divas.

Forum Newbie
    All-About shinyshiny
    View shinyshiny's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    Because you are spending so much time and emotion on a subject that is not going to get fixed.

No we don't want fakes sold here or ANYWHERE. No we don't want illegal substances sold here or ANYWHERE. Yes in a perfect world that would not happen, BUT it does happen.

I am not addressing you personally. I am voicing my opinions just as you are. Every time I see a thread like this I have the same feeling I had on the other side that there was no place for anyone but the fashion divas.
    This is about illegal activity, not judgment about people's fashion sense.

The ebid site does not seem to do anything about the counterfeits.

It's likely the site will be overrun with them sooner rather than later, making it a less viable, less credible site.

It's not anyone else's concern about how I spend my time or my emotion so there's no need to try and make things personal.

I'm not selling here right now, I'm just observing a lot of fakes, and a lot of apathy towards them.

Even in this thread, direct opposition to me saying anything about it. It doesn't bode well for the future of the site.

I've made my decision about using or recommending ebid for the time being.

Thanks for all the input from everyone.

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I support shinyshiny 100%. I say get the fakes off the site. It hurts everyone. I do not buy expensive things for myself just because I cannot afford them. But everyone has a right to buy what they like and can afford and should not be criticised for this.

Oh, by the way, DZambo, that bust was in my state of KY. I say get rid of them here in the state as well.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelady View Post
    I support shinyshiny 100%. I say get the fakes off the site..
    That's a lot easier to say than to do, unfortunately. Do you have a foolproof way of determining fakes? One that's guaranteed not to impact on innocent sellers listing legitimate goods? That is manageable by a small site? I don't think it's that simple, I'm afraid. I do think it's a problem that needs addressing, but any pretence that there's a simple answer (for example, just believe every report of a fake, malicious or not) is over optimistic in my view.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Re: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

Yep…Lady….I don’t like fakes too because for person own REAL money person can receive FAKE item…this is not of way how business works…if I going to buy from the seller I expect for real money real item simple as that…and by the way like I say before many scammers selling exactly most of time ‘’hot’’….’’big tickets’’ and items which is this day’s many buyers looking or try to find cheap…expensive items for many to buy from legal store and retail price…and most of time only branded names is included…and as can anybody see from the reports all around on the news every time the seller have similar items…In the end scammers is not going to sell you non branded names or item where anybody can buy from regular store for normal price any time…AMEN….

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is not an easy problem to tackle. eBid , nor any other venue can not tackle the problem alone. It will take the involvement of anyone who has been burned by the purchase of a fake high end product. I read recently of the FBI taking down a serious offender in sales of pirated microsoft suite programs. This can only happen if victims get personally involved with law inforcement, the FBI, or any other enforcement agencies & stop thinking it is the sole responsibility of eBid or any other venue to tackle these scourge.

Also, just let Dzambo stay on his band wagon about "fake products" :-)

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Re: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

Well...heh....many just don't get it...and after that is late...
    this happened before and this can happened any time for any auction site....and this is how the law and business works....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/BUSINESS/06/...ton/index.html

And in the end just read it the last couple words where is say: ''"They have been able to make sure that you can't buy.....'''

After all now anybody can say anything but heheh....just don't say ''responsibilty'''....
    Put in the system and ''block'' certain items....and no more worry for anything...AMEN.....

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

The only way The Bay, eBid or any auction site can absolutely avoid fakes being sold on their site would be to totally ban sales of all high end designer products. This would not be fair to legitimate sellers of these products. It is easy for them to ban sales of hand guns or any category if their policy covers. It is not a simple issue with a simple answer.

Suing these large corporations, although a part of the solution, is not enough to stem the problem. It takes involved citizens also to fight such a massive problem.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I find it amusing that every time I read this thread theres Google banners at the bottom of the page offering Designer Handbags at 70% or 90% off Retail prices
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm seeing first class international shipping labels

Thread Information