Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

''Al''...heh...what if somebody post on selling same Guitars like yours or cymbals or same stuff like you're selling and try to sell much cheaper from you and top of that you know it is a ''fake'' all this stuff...You going to jump from your chair or you just going to say ''I don't care''...heheheh....

Forum Newbie
    All-About shinyshiny
    View shinyshiny's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    ''Al''...heh...what if somebody post on selling same Guitars like yours or cymbals or same stuff like you're selling and try to sell much cheaper from you and top of that you know it is a ''fake'' all this stuff...You going to jump from your chair or you just going to say ''I don't care''...heheheh....
    That is a great point as well. Sales of fakes hurts not only the manufacturers of the items, but those who make their living (or part of it) in the secondary market also.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Heh, Dzambo it's done all the time with guitars believe it or not the Internet is loaded with fakes however most guitar players will recognize a real from a fake and in my eyes if someone wants to buy a fake and save the money it doesn't bother me at all. With guitars the fakes look exactly like the real ones. It's not until you know the electronics used and what they are made of that you know it's real along with how they play and sound but by then for the unsuspecting it's far too late.

My post: Soooo....what's all this then about counterfeit purses was meant to get back to the original subject matter of the post. Nothing more nothing less.

Forum Newbie
    All-About shinyshiny
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Heh, Dzambo it's done all the time with guitars believe it or not the Internet is loaded with fakes however most guitar players will recognize a real from a fake and in my eyes if someone wants to buy a fake and save the money it doesn't bother me at all. With guitars the fakes look exactly like the real ones. It's not until you know the electronics used and what they are made of that you know it's real along with how they play and sound but by then for the unsuspecting it's far too late.

My post: Soooo....what's all this then about counterfeit purses was meant to get back to the original subject matter of the post. Nothing more nothing less.
    Like the people who play the guitars and can easily spot the fakes, there are a lot of users of authentic bags who can easily spot the fakes too.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinyshiny View Post
    Like the people who play the guitars and can easily spot the fakes, there are a lot of users of authentic bags who can easily spot the fakes too.
    That's a good thing. So what have we determined here? Is it buyer beware or get the fakes off this site? I'm not sure about purses but I know some guitar manufacturers allow copies but the labeling clearly identifies them as being different then the original. For example Epiphone makes versions of Gibson's Les Paul series guitars. The Epiphones look identical and if their were no markings on the guitar it would be difficult for anyone to tell the difference in a picture. The Epiphones are clearly labeled as Epiphone Gibson Les Paul and are aucthorized by Gibson to sell them that way. Difference in price new is about $600 to $1,000 depending on the model.
    There is a seller on the site ioffers who sells total fake Gibsons. They are labeled as Gibsons and even have the serial numbers stamped into the neck like a Gibson but he refuses to admit they are fakes. When asked if it's really a Gibson he responds with "yes it's exactly like picture" and that is it. When I asked about the bogus serial number I recieved no response. I looked through the rest of that site and noticed the majority of items were fakes. I emailed support about it and never recieved a response. I contacted Gibson but don't know what they have done about it yet. But with the fake Gibson guy just like Dzambo always says if it's too cheap it probably is a fake. These were brand new guitars and if they were Gibsons would sell for about 4 times what this guy was asking so that is the first clue to stay away. I can see a real Gibson possibly selling for at the least half off MSRP (as MSRP is nonsense anyway) but not 4 times less then what they usually SELL for.
    If it's an illegal item it has no business being sold on here. If it's an authenticated legal copy I see no reason why they shouldn't be sold as long as it is described properly.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyshiny View Post
    Like I said before perhaps too much time is being spent on the what and not enough on the who. If you are spending sooo much time on the brand of purse I carry, you are not spending time on getting to know me. I find that very shallow and far too materialistic.

If there are fakes listed then report them and move on. If you think you bought one, then if you use PayPal they will support your claim against the seller.

You can only fix so many things in this life and you need to spend time on battles you can win. This one is one that will go on for time eternal. They will plug one source up and 10 more will spring up to take it's place. I wish it was different.

You seem to think that your concerns should be everyones's concern and it just isn't. I want to spend my time running my own affairs and having a thread that attemts to make us all look dumb and behind the times does sort of insult the site and the sellers that are here to stay.

Forum Newbie
    All-About shinyshiny
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    That's a good thing. So what have we determined here? Is it buyer beware or get the fakes off this site? I'm not sure about purses but I know some guitar manufacturers allow copies but the labeling clearly identifies them as being different then the original. For example Epiphone makes versions of Gibson's Les Paul series guitars. The Epiphones look identical and if their were no markings on the guitar it would be difficult for anyone to tell the difference in a picture. The Epiphones are clearly labeled as Epiphone Gibson Les Paul and are aucthorized by Gibson to sell them that way. Difference in price new is about $600 to $1,000 depending on the model.
    There is a seller on the site ioffers who sells total fake Gibsons. They are labeled as Gibsons and even have the serial numbers stamped into the neck like a Gibson but he refuses to admit they are fakes. When asked if it's really a Gibson he responds with "yes it's exactly like picture" and that is it. When I asked about the bogus serial number I recieved no response. I looked through the rest of that site and noticed the majority of items were fakes. I emailed support about it and never recieved a response. I contacted Gibson but don't know what they have done about it yet. But with the fake Gibson guy just like Dzambo always says if it's too cheap it probably is a fake. These were brand new guitars and if they were Gibsons would sell for about 4 times what this guy was asking so that is the first clue to stay away. I can see a real Gibson possibly selling for at the least half off MSRP (as MSRP is nonsense anyway) but not 4 times less then what they usually SELL for.
    If it's an illegal item it has no business being sold on here. If it's an authenticated legal copy I see no reason why they shouldn't be sold as long as it is described properly.
    It sounds like you are talking about licensed goods, which are legal and authorized by the brand holder. Perhaps like some of the handbag lines that do lines for Target.
    Or a diffusion line by a designer that is separate from the runway line, such as Marc by Marc Jacobs. These are all fine and legal.

The other ones, (commonly found on ioffer) are the ones that are illegal abnd using the brand name that they do not own in order to generate money for whatever shady criminal organization happens to be selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    Like I said before perhaps too much time is being spent on the what and not enough on the who. If you are spending sooo much time on the brand of purse I carry, you are not spending time on getting to know me. I find that very shallow and far too materialistic.

If there are fakes listed then report them and move on. If you think you bought one, then if you use PayPal they will support your claim against the seller.

You can only fix so many things in this life and you need to spend time on battles you can win. This one is one that will go on for time eternal. They will plug one source up and 10 more will spring up to take it's place. I wish it was different.

You seem to think that your concerns should be everyones's concern and it just isn't. I want to spend my time running my own affairs and having a thread that attemts to make us all look dumb and behind the times does sort of insult the site and the sellers that are here to stay.
    dardonboi, are you addressing me personally? or whom are you addressing? As another poster stated this is more like a chat in a pub than a committee meeting where people address the Chair.

If you are addressing me, I will tell you that my love of fashion in no way means that I am unintelligent or a shallow person, and does not discredit me from stating the fact that counterfeit goods are illegal, and therefore those who sell them are criminals.

I am also well aware that illegal counterfeits are not everyone's concern. Some people only care that they get money by selling them.

As was stated earlier, these forums are for everyone and there is no obligation for me to simply report illegal counterfeits and move on and mind my own business, so I will spend my time on what I choose to spend it on, not what some other poster in a forum dictates that i should spend it on. I am just as free to discuss what I would like to discuss on these forums as you are, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has noticed that there have been a few who appear to have illegal counterfeits for sale who would also appear to be trying to silence the discussion.

I'm sorry if you feel that my thread somehow makes anyone look "dumb and behind the times", as that was definitely not my intention, and It's not really in my power to make anyone look "dumb and behind the times". If someone feels that way, they have surely only done it to themself.

You're definitely giving me too much credit and the wrong kind of credit if you think that my starting a thread about illegal activities I observed on the site is an insult to all sellers here. It's just an observation and if anyone were to be insulted by it, it would likely be an insult to any sellers who are involved in illegal activities themselves. I don't see why any honest seller not involved in such activities would have any problem with it. If someone were found to be selling crack cocaine on the site, no doubt that there would be discussion of that as well.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Re: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

Again Dzambo just say ''AMEN''...and by the way I think ''shinyshiny' she thinks for about something like this...

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/new-vogu...8-38377146.htm

66 Different bags and total of 653 Bags huh....
    I mean c'mon heheh...that amount of total bags cost if is real a couple hundred thousand $$$....but look that price....

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

As Gucci bags retail at £1000 these are obvious fakes and I've reported them.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very often, the item description is a dead giveaway....
    I've just reported several different LV bags which were "a gift from the inlaws, so I cannot guarantee the authenticity"!
    Wish someone would give me half a dozen real LV bags lol
    Yvonne x

oh....the pics had an ioffer watermark as well....be vigilant peeps xx

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Thread Information