Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

Default Re: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

Fakes are out there. It is how the world turns. Right now I have 2 purses that have Kate Spade lables. I know nothing about authentic items. So I list as cute purses and don't use names. I don't know if they are real or not. I wouldn't begin to think I can judge the authenticity of name brands. Wilthout a real hands on I am not sure anyone else can either.

Ebay has tried for years to police this issue and it has not been able to keep them out. Now it will be worse than ever because they can control the little sellers. Wait until they try to tell some of the big guys they can't sell that junk and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyshiny View Post
    A significantly higher proportion of counterfeit than on ebay.

There are some real ones too but many many many very obvious fakes.

Is it possible to do anything about the fakes? I have reported many of them but I won't continue to waste my time if nobody is going to do anything about them.
    There are a lot of members who try & keep the site free from obvious counterfeit items,
    but I doubt any of them have the time to check on a regular basis.

Each time we get a big influx of new sellers, there are always a few that will try it on.

Reporting, only asks support to look at the item, the final decision is always up to them, &
    I've found that, how any items(s) are treated, does seem to depend on who, is working at the time.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

[QUOTE=DZAMBO;1317397

P.S.I wish you good luck in the Golf game...heh....[/QUOTE]

Best I dont play it - they have a 50% sale on just now - quite obviously a fake site.

Even to suggest that all purses with such a large discount must be fake is not correct either, nor does it look good for ebid

End of lines are available at 75% discount, and can be resold at 50% off the previous rrp.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 30th March 2011 at 07:51 PM.

There are even bricks and mortar stores that make their money selling designer items at 'knock down prices'.

by the very nature of being 'designer', these items are seasonal. Those that can afford the latest designs do so. The rest of us wait, and hopefully pick up a 'bargain' at more affordable prices.

How often do you see celebrities criticised in the press for wearing the same 'designer outfit' more than once?

Forum Newbie
    All-About shinyshiny
    View shinyshiny's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks to all of you for your replies. Before some of you are too hard on DZAMBO, he does have a point that SOME (not all) designer purses do not ever go on sale, ever.

One brand in particular for this would be Louis Vuitton, which is one brand of which I have seen a lot of counterfeits here. If you see brand new (so-called) LV merchandise here for any discount, the odds are that it is fake. LV is a highly collectible brand and oftentimes new and limited releases sell for MORE than retail on the secondary market, so there is no need for anyone to mark them down to sell them if they are new. Used ones are often sold for less because obviously they are used and show wear. However, just because an LV is used does not mean it is real. LV is one of the most often faked brands in the entire world but ironically the brown LV logo with the flowers was originally developed to fight counterfeiting.

BUT, some of the other posters are correct also, insofar as Coach has outlets & factory stores and can be found at deep discounts in those places as well as at regular department store sales. So some items of these types of brands may be found here at discount. I've seen authentic and fake Coach here, and reported the fakes.

As to the person who said that they have 2 purses with Kate Spade labels but has them listed without names because authenticity cannot be verified, its good that you are not trying to trick someone into thinking that they are real, however, it is illegal to sell counterfeit merchandise whether you use the name or not.

It is to your benefit to either peel off the labels (If the label peels off it is a fake for sure anyway, but a sewn-on label does not guarantee authenticity) and just sell them as cute purses as you are doing now, or to get the authenticity verified before attempting to sell, because if they are real they will certainly bring more money as authentic designer purses than just as "cute bags". It is illegal, not just against the site rules, and small sellers and purse party sellers have been prosecuted for it.

I am also posting a list of authenticity resources here in case anyone needs them:

http://www.effenhaute.com/Forum/default.aspx Effen Hauteis a community with experts in many types of bags who are happy to share opinions on authenticity.

http://forum.purseblog.com/ the Purse forum is another.

http://www.ihatecounterfeitbags.info/ Here is a great resource on Kate Spade authenticity

And there are also various experts who can authenticate for a small fee, and whose opinion paypal will side with for claims of inauthenticity.

For LV there is CarolDiva

For Gucci there is Castira

For Chanel there is Etinceler

Any of these services (including the free opinions of the 2 forums) will ask for multiple photos, so if the seller is not cooperative about giving the photos, it's best to move on and shop elsewhere.

Thanks again for responding to my post! It's good to know that the owners of the site are trying to keep it clean of fakes.
    Last edited by shinyshiny; 30th March 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: I'm seeing a lot of counterfeit purses

Well…I understand you all no problem and anybody can have own opinion for all this stuff…but Dzambo always told you same stuff over and over again …and here we go again like I write many times every week or a month in USA we have ‘’a winner’’ and this time is just from yesterday…here we go…

http://www.fox41.com/story/14343880/...terfeit-purses

P.S.Dzambo loves you all and respect you all…good night USA good morning U.K.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

The whole fake issue is very tricky.

I hear that lots of wealthy women fly to Spain to buy fake designer gear at half the price of London shops, and they get a free holiday as well.

And they know they are fakes.

There are fake fakes
    And their are the fakes made in the same factory on the night shift where the Chinese company sells the brand name item behind the designers back.

So are they fake or just counterfeit or illegal ?

And why don't the designer companies stop them doing it ?

I don't think ebid is being flooded with them yet fro some reason Ioffer has a bad name for it with fake drugs as well.

I don't think ebid is known as a big hand bag seller yet.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…I understand you all no problem and anybody can have own opinion for all this stuff…but Dzambo always told you same stuff over and over again …and here we go again like I write many times every week or a month in USA we have ‘’a winner’’ and this time is just from yesterday…here we go…

[url]http://www.fox41.com/story/14343880/louisville-business-busted-for-alleged-counterfeit-purses[/url

P.S.Dzambo loves you all and respect you all…good night USA good morning U.K.
    Good link-News story.. Thanks.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are some facts which are needed if fake designer goods are to be discussed.

Louis Vuitton is one I've checked up on. Any Louis Vuitton item which is described as "new" is either misdescribed or fake. Louis Vuitton do not wholesale.

That one about "made in the same factory at night" is a red herring. Most of the real luxury brands are made in Europe. Any Louis Vuitton item made in China is a fake.

I've stopped reporting any but the most obvious because I just get bored with reporting the same sellers over and over again.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I must be an oddball.
    Designer brand names of any kind do nothing for me, they mean zilch, nada, zero. If I see an item I like at the right price, I'll purchase it. I don't look at brand name tags, it can say donkey doody for all I care. I pay for my goods, not the name.

x

Thread Information