eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ebid will not need to advertise for the next 6 months.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid will not need to advertise for the next 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    Look at it this way, the only thing ebay care about is the share holders. Now ebay are saying the small seller experianece and auctions are dead. This has been their mantra for a long time, since they worked out that they make most of their profits from the top twenty percent of sellers.

So lets say they just shut off auctions and made a cap over the next month, so that if a seller does not reach that amount of money or that amount of sales then they are gone.

They would have to loose around sixty percent of their market or even more in one month,

So even if you ignored the fact that they would suddenly have a massive drop in profit, which they would have to explain to the share holders,they would also have to consider where those sellers would go.

So lets say those sellers all came over to ebid, and began doing successfully what ebad had said was dead, and then a lot of their bigger sellers also start listing on ebid. The company would have a hell of a lot to explain to their share holders and would have another alternative that they had to try and compete against.

They do it the way they are doing it with trickle release and miss information.

A lot of sellers will just fade off and give up.
    Others will be fragmented into sites that are slowly being eroded by the missinformation, so that by time there are enough sellers floating around to make a site big enough for competiton, the site is looked at in a way that makes them no threat to ebad.
    Interesting. Exactly where did eBay make the statement you quote
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Newbie
    View bcwet's Feedback (+2349)
    All-About bcwet
    View bcwet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by racinraisin View Post
    I think now IS the time to Advertise. the sellers will come over, but now would be the time to advertise to bring over the buyers as well.... just my opinion.

on a side note( just a little story i wanted to share..) right after the announcement of the fee hikes, and ebay pushing for free shipping.. A friend ( who hopefully will be coming over to sell here as well) decided ebay must be right.. free shipping is the way to go.. he posted a coleman lantern with a buy it now and free shipping ( of course adding the shipping into the cost of the item) .. no sale.. he relisted.. no sale.. we were talking about it, and he was confuse as to why it wasnt selling. I told him to lower the price and add shipping charges. so he lowered the price and added actual shipping charges which brought the price to the exact same amount of his original buy it now with free shipping. it sold in a day...

a little off the subject, but proof that feebay knows nothing about what buyers want
    I totally agree and I have closed my ebay store and have moved over to ebid. I am a Canadian seller Canadapost charges more than every other country to ship as a result of them taking an extra 11% on fvf no canadian will be able to sell on ebay any longer and make a profit. 11% fvf 11% fvf on shipping and 50 dollars a month for a store plus 5 cents per listing add it up with papal fees by July I would have been giving ebay 36% of my sales minimum. Already Ive recognized at least 4 other canadian sellers who have moved over to ebid. If the americans hop on board say goodbye to ebay.......

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    To me, that is grasping at straws.
    Cant see that particular move making any difference whatsoever.
    I dont get your point.

Who is grasping at straws ?

I was just saying that ebay putting up their pro stores fees by 33% is going to drive a lot of them away.
    And hopefully some of them will come to ebid.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: Ebid will not need to advertise for the next 6 months.

‘’babe’’ don’t worry girl…you know ‘’Magnet’’ always have ‘’different’’ answer or reply doesn’t matter what…and all whole world can go to the end doesn’t matter still nothing changes….heheheh…is just way of thinking and that's ok …and everybody can have ‘’own’’ opinion I respect that…but anyway ‘’important’’ things is ‘’Feebay’’ will raise more fees in the future and that’s good things…keep raise fees up…up...up…up…anyway fees can go up to a 100% I just wondering what is going to happened next ?...will ‘’Feebay’’ come up with new Idea or not…but I think ‘’sky ‘’ is the limit…..heheheheheheheheh……one more time…hehehheheh……..

Thread Information