Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ebay vs coin dealers

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ebay vs coin dealers

I don't know a thing about gold or coins,
    (Except that I'd like some of those nice bars....)

But my point was that two buyers got ripped of buying high priced (to me) bullion on ebid. So that will not help the rest of the legitimate gold, bullion and coin sellers on ebid.

And could I suggest that you keep your posts positive, If you keep slagging off ebid as being slow, then your threads will get pulled, which helps no one.

Try to think of ways to make ebid better !
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 19th July 2011 at 08:00 PM.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I find gold and silver bars attractive also, but they are valued at spot bullion prices. I find natural gold nuggets even more attractive, and nuggets usually carry a value that is above the bars. Coins carry spot bullion value + numismatic value, thus are usually, if not always more valuable. I would like a room full of the bars, nuggets, and coins. Wouldn't mind some of the more exotic "donut shaped gold forms" either. Problem would be secure storage, defo not on location.

Forum Newbie
    View DanMart's Feedback (+1202)
    All-About DanMart
    View DanMart's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBlah US core site is losing money
    They are offering discount specials on listing fees to sellers to entice them to list more
    eBlah is raising their final value fees in an attempt to bring in more money
    eBlah is making money ONLY from eBlah sites OUTSIDE the US and PAYPAL

January 2012 eBlah will lose 35 to 50% of their sellers as PayPal is required to send out 1099 tax forms to:

all eBay sellers who have more than 200 PayPal incoming transactions AND more than $20,000 coming in BOTH, not one or the other

This will drive most of the small and medium size sellers from eBlah and they will NEVER come back again

There is going to be a mass exodus of large coin dealers from eBlah to other sites as they are tired of high eBlah and PP fees
    They will be going to coin specific competing sites, including sellers who have monthly sales volume of $500,000 to $2million per month
    eBay is fine with that as they are arrogant and think they are bulletproof

eBid after January 2012 when eBlah sellers get their 1099 reports WHICH WILL ALSO BE SENT TO THE IRS
    will get many new sellers from eBlah !!!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

This 1099 reporting requirement is beginning with Paypal as they along with the Bay are a large target. The reporting law of 200 + 20,000 applies to all USA online sellers, with or without the form 1099 being sent/received. Enforcement of a moving target is difficult. If a lot of large sellers come here & sell much, then this site could become the next large target. It is probably more painful trying to run from the requirements than to find good accountant to help convert tax liability into tax asset. This is going to be interesting.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Really ?

People (me included) have been forecatsting these mass exodii from ebay to ebid and the other alt sites for a few years now.

They never seem to arrive in huge numbers, and many keep listing on ebay.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep...you're right a 100%...''babe''...I usually never count much writing and what other say I like to see in paper numbers and fact and graphs and usual stuff is much closer to the truth...and by the way we are up much for listing item in more of 2 Million in the last one year so from 2 Million we go for more of 4 Million...but eBay has before a year a 111 million now is up 11 milliom with a more of 122 Million, so hard core fact this eBay numbers should be way dow all way down and numbers don't lie in the most hard time for eBay in the most bigger ever fees on eBay this auction site go up with 11 millions in one year which we don't catch in the past couple years...So usual talk in the past couple years is not going ti help, get busy with listing and talk to the buyers all over the net in any way...AMEN....

Thread Information