Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ebay vs coin dealers

Forum Newbie
    View cej0519's Feedback (+26)
    All-About cej0519
    View cej0519's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry ebay vs coin dealers

I truly belive ebay is tring successfully to kick all world coin dealers off their site.

Default Re: ebay vs coin dealers

GOOD! Welcome to EBID all new coin dealers!
    <a href=http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net target=_blank>http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net</a>

http://theninestarshop.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Clothing-Store.ebid.net

http://The-Nine-Star-Book-Shop.ebid.net

http://ninestarjewellery.ebid.net

.................................................. .......................................
    Want to join ebid??? Just follow this link >>>>
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

(and i'll earn some "Buddy Points" ;-) Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by cej0519 View Post
    I truly belive ebay is tring successfully to kick all world coin dealers off their site.

If it all part of their grand plan and it is working - cant knock them for running a plan that works.

Quicker and cheaper than going thru 90 million members one by one.

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bohemian's Feedback (+129)
    All-About Bohemian
    View Bohemian's Listings
    Forum Posts

So why do they want to do this ? All coin dealers are welcome here, the more the merrier !

Are you talking about deales of world coins? Or dealers of coins outside the United States? I suspect some of the later group have been kicked-off because of problems with their own nations mail service. Though to be sure, there are some countries that have more rip-off artists than other countries on the internet.

Forum Newbie
    View cej0519's Feedback (+26)
    All-About cej0519
    View cej0519's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Re: ebay vs coin dealers

Think about 10,000 auctions taking up server space, customer service time, etc and ebay making a minimum profit from this space compared to other items.

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View ukcoins's Feedback (+6)
    All-About ukcoins
    View ukcoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

there not trying to kick coin dealers off the site & not sure why you think they make minimum profit from coin dealers, i pay around £1000 in fees most months from selling coins on there and theres plenty that sell a lot more than me, the only thing they have done that will make some leave or stop selling high value coins on the site is the ridiculous new fee system they are implementing, any one who sells any item of any kind £600 or above will have the selling fees increased by 100% minimum, the higher the value the item the more the increase will be, i sold a £6000 item on there 18 months ago and paid £266 in ebay & paypal fees the same item will now cost me £840 to sell on there needless to say i will be selling no more items on there with a high value just on principle alone, i am not going to pay over a £100 to sell a £1000 item anywhere, they think the sellers will just keep standing for there increases but they have to be realistic all this increase has done is to alienate sellers of high end items, sellers who only sell items up to the value of £100 are not really going to pay any more im sure when the fee increase happens in may theres going to be quite a few high end sellers removing there items you just cant justify paying a site over £100 to sell one good quality item, even at £200 sales the overall increase will be around 40% its just going to be cheaper in the long run to promote your own website and attach it to other sites you can get a lot of advertising for the 10k + a year which i give them in fees and how many other are going to come to the same conclusion, unfortunately there just isn't another on line auction site you can use to make a good amount of sales on, maybe this time some of the other sites will sit up and take notice and realise they have a opportunity to entice some decent sellers from ebay,

I agree ebay's fees are so high as a bullion coin dealer I can't survive there. I hope I can make some sales here. Even 1/4 of the sales here compared to ebay would be enough for me the leave them alltogether

Quote Originally Posted by ukcoins View Post
    there not trying to kick coin dealers off the site & not sure why you think they make minimum profit from coin dealers, i pay around £1000 in fees most months from selling coins on there and theres plenty that sell a lot more than me, the only thing they have done that will make some leave or stop selling high value coins on the site is the ridiculous new fee system they are implementing, any one who sells any item of any kind £600 or above will have the selling fees increased by 100% minimum, the higher the value the item the more the increase will be, i sold a £6000 item on there 18 months ago and paid £266 in ebay & paypal fees the same item will now cost me £840 to sell on there needless to say i will be selling no more items on there with a high value just on principle alone, i am not going to pay over a £100 to sell a £1000 item anywhere, they think the sellers will just keep standing for there increases but they have to be realistic all this increase has done is to alienate sellers of high end items, sellers who only sell items up to the value of £100 are not really going to pay any more im sure when the fee increase happens in may theres going to be quite a few high end sellers removing there items you just cant justify paying a site over £100 to sell one good quality item, even at £200 sales the overall increase will be around 40% its just going to be cheaper in the long run to promote your own website and attach it to other sites you can get a lot of advertising for the 10k + a year which i give them in fees and how many other are going to come to the same conclusion, unfortunately there just isn't another on line auction site you can use to make a good amount of sales on, maybe this time some of the other sites will sit up and take notice and realise they have a opportunity to entice some decent sellers from ebay,
    Hmmm! Very Interesting!! I sell expensive items on eBay (e.g. ~£1500) because the eBay auction fees in our country, unless I'm mistaken because of the recent changes this month, are capped at $50 USD per transaction, with no listing fees, and only the obnoxious ~3% PayPal fee on the total amount exchanged. My net fees on a ~$2500 USD sale are ~5%. I've yet to locate another viable site where large value items can be sold with less fees. My net cost per sold auction on this site have exceeded 5% of the gross sales price.

My experience with eBay is that there are many scamming buyers who use a plethora of tactics to cheat the sellers since eBay implemented its' "buyer protection" policy, and eBay/PayPal employees are inundated with buyer complaining calls/messages, at great corporate expense relative to sales of manufactured products. Numismatic items, generally unlike the average relatively consistent normal manufactured items, are worn and have a subjective grading system. Buyers use the lack of objectivity to complain about what was received, and many other ploys to acquire both the commodity, and the return of their funds. I only sell top tier TPG graded items, or items where I can absorb the loss, package in the presence of a Notary Public, photographing that being packaged, and have the Notary Public deliver to the postal system, registered with signature verification. EBay provides special services/access to the preferred Power Sellers who meet their criteria for continued buyer satisfaction. The access/rewards seemingly are a considerable financial burden, which they have recently reduced, and increased fees, I believe to bolster their profit margin.

This venue seems to have avoided the expensive response system required to assure buyer/seller contract compliance and satisfaction, by relatively allowing actions not tolerated or personally investigated on eBay. Time will tell if the prevailing atmosphere here is conducive to long term growth. I will continue to learn, and hopefully be mutually rewarded for my efforts here.

Your knowledge/experience is appreciated, thanks for sharing same.

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View ukcoins's Feedback (+6)
    All-About ukcoins
    View ukcoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poorrichardstuff View Post
    Hmmm! Very Interesting!! I sell expensive items on eBay (e.g. ~£1500) because the eBay auction fees in our country, unless I'm mistaken because of the recent changes this month, are capped at $50 USD per transaction, with no listing fees, and only the obnoxious ~3% PayPal fee on the total amount exchanged. My net fees on a ~$2500 USD sale are ~5%. I've yet to locate another viable site where large value items can be sold with less fees. My net cost per sold auction on this site have exceeded 5% of the gross sales price.

My experience with eBay is that there are many scamming buyers who use a plethora of tactics to cheat the sellers since eBay implemented its' "buyer protection" policy, and eBay/PayPal employees are inundated with buyer complaining calls/messages, at great corporate expense relative to sales of manufactured products. Numismatic items, generally unlike the average relatively consistent normal manufactured items, are worn and have a subjective grading system. Buyers use the lack of objectivity to complain about what was received, and many other ploys to acquire both the commodity, and the return of their funds. I only sell top tier TPG graded items, or items where I can absorb the loss, package in the presence of a Notary Public, photographing that being packaged, and have the Notary Public deliver to the postal system, registered with signature verification. EBay provides special services/access to the preferred Power Sellers who meet their criteria for continued buyer satisfaction. The access/rewards seemingly are a considerable financial burden, which they have recently reduced, and increased fees, I believe to bolster their profit margin.

This venue seems to have avoided the expensive response system required to assure buyer/seller contract compliance and satisfaction, by relatively allowing actions not tolerated or personally investigated on eBay. Time will tell if the prevailing atmosphere here is conducive to long term growth. I will continue to learn, and hopefully be mutually rewarded for my efforts here.

Your knowledge/experience is appreciated, thanks for sharing same.
    I dont know what fees you pay in the USA on ebay. but in england the fee system was on a sliding scale so a £600 sale cost you £37 ebay fees + paypal fees and if you went was over £600 it would be £37 for the first £600 and only 1.9% of the rest. there is no capping of fees to business sellers. they did cap fees to a max of £40 for private sellers. i am a business seller on there so never had my fees capped. the new fee structure is a straight 10% per sale regardless of the amount it sells for with no capping at all to any type of seller. original A £1500 sale cost £54 in ebay fees + paypal fees on the new fee system it will cost £150 ebay fees + paypal fees. this is just to much money to be charged to sell a single item. it also applies to a lot of categories. there are some categories that get a lower rate but most are on 10% some are even at 12% and no capping. i'm sure over here on the uk site they are going to loose quite a few high end sales over this. or the cost of these items will just go up to cover the extra extortionate fees creating a lot less sales in this price bracket. they have dropped the cost of a listing but this makes no difference to me a massive 10p saving per listing doesn't get anywhere near to cover the extra i will pay in finale value fees. this new fees system obviously only benefits sellers who listing hundreds of cheap items with a value of less than £50 in this case you would be better off with the new fee structure.

I very much enjoyed reading your response and from some one who talks sense, sorry my grammars not very good not my strongest point i was always a numbers person.

Thread Information