Thread: Listings Disappearing!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listings Disappearing!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Knowing what a control freak Madelaine is (in a good way, and it takes one to know one!) I'd be confident that she's not made repeated mistakes checking the wrong box. Unless there's some serious usability problem in the UI and it does something very different from what a reasonable user would expect.
    I don't think I've ever seen control freak used as a compliment before, bravo! I think it's unlikely because she's IT savvy and not an idiot, but these things are always worth getting in "print" as it were.

Madelaine is reporting exactly what happened to me last year. Support wanted the Auction ID numbers and I didn't have them. All I know is there are 50 more items listed on our spreadsheet than on eBid. I have never had the time to go back and compare thousands of items. Maybe someday . . .

Since then I've been doing exactly what Babs is doing. Making a list of the title and new Auction ID of every single item as it is reposted, then checking the list when they close to see if any did not make it to our Unsold page.

If Madelaine is a control freak, what does that make me?

I doubt very much that all of us accidentally deleted these. If that were the case, I think we would be more likely to accidentally click the Delete All button and delete AN ENTIRE PAGE, not just a few selected items. That's pretty hard to do unintentionally, because it requires clicking on two separate independent buttons, one at the top of the page and one at the bottom.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Because I have many fewer items than Tia, I am doing exactly that... checking every single item. When I find an item in my listed area that is missing from my live listings, I google ebid +the auction title and that is how I am getting item numbers. Some I can't get (either deleted too long ago or blocked by loads of results being returned) but, when I can, I send those numbers to support. I've stopped posting them here but I feel that I am doing the pioneering work. One thing you can be sure of, I will not get bored and let this drop (see John's comments!). Once every item has been checked, I will return to listing fresh stuff but with controls in place which make it certain that I will spot items which go awol and I will have the numbers to report.

In my defence, I see myself as organised rather than a control freak.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Newbie
    View bmcgraw's Feedback (+14)
    All-About bmcgraw
    View bmcgraw's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello,
    It is not that my listings are disappearing (although I found 2 of them in the unsold category), but it the entire section of my Shipping and Handling description. I've had to modify and add this segment of my description umpteen times for the same listing on many of my items. I hope someone can tell me how to handle this incredible problem. I appreciate this Forum.Thank you
    Betty

Quote Originally Posted by ArtObjects View Post
    It is not that my listings are disappearing (although I found 2 of them in the unsold category), but it the entire section of my Shipping and Handling description. I've had to modify and add this segment of my description umpteen times for the same listing on many of my items. I hope someone can tell me how to handle this incredible problem. I appreciate this Forum.Thank you
    Betty
    Your listings are supposed to go to the Unsold page when they close. That's the point of this thread, it isn't always happening.

The changes in your description is a totally different problem, and I'm sure controlled by a totally different section of the programming source code. It is, however, another one that eBid would have to find and fix. You're more likely to get action if you request a fix in a new thread . . . under "Website Glitches", of course. If other people are having the same problem, they'll report in as they have been doing on this thread.

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Sadly, I have no idea what is causing this. However, do try using bulk edit to add it, saving quite a lot of typing!
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Forum Newbie
    View bmcgraw's Feedback (+14)
    All-About bmcgraw
    View bmcgraw's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you!

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Another item missing - I can't find an item number but the title was "Star Wars Nut Gunray Action Figure Ep1 CommTalk MIP"

I first listed it around the beginning of March 2009 having sold an identical item.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Just located another item which I know was listed - I can't establish an item number but I do want to make the point that this problem still exists.

Losing my listings is just about the most awful thing that an auction site can do to me as a seller!
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

View selkab's Feedback (+1297)
    All-About selkab
    View selkab's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had one of my listings disappear.

The only way I found out that it was gone, was that I was going to use it to build another listing.

I keep track of all my listings in Excel, including the title, listing number, date listed, etc.

Also I keep all my emails regarding online sales.

When my listing disappeared I contacted support with the title and listing number and they told me that it was removed because of the word Onesie in the title describing a baby's sleeper pattern.

My point being is that I was able to supply the listing number from info I keep.

It would be nice if ebid sent out an email when they pull a listing so that one would know that thier listing is gone and why it is gone.

Unfortunatly my excel file contains all my online listings for any site that I list on, but with a bit of work I can sort the list to show all my ebid items together, then I can compare what is on my list to what is on ebid.

Kimberley

Thread Information