Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to see the bids.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I want to see the bids.

Hi Sandy and thanks for getting back.....
    Yes, Ginny has been a friendly soul to me on the forums....
    When I get some more time - I'll chat with my new 'friend' - thanks for that.....
    (I've got a busy couple of days this week)
    Will speak to you soon Sandy... Kind Regards, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Yep. The sellers who have been here the longest seem to not want it and until they do I seriously doubt if ebid admin will give the rest of us the time of day.
    I can't imagine why you suppose that "da management" would be basing their decision on listening solely to those who've been here the longest, rather than going on stats that only they have access to. Or do you imagine they wouldn't be interested in trying to maximise the success of the site?

If they've already run a trial and then decided to withdraw it again, why don't you trust their judgement?

Can you not imagine a scenario where showing the extra data could discourage visitors?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Norfolk Broads are good for it at this time of the year.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post

If they've already run a trial and then decided to withdraw it again, why don't you trust their judgement?

Can you not imagine a scenario where showing the extra data could discourage visitors?
    Yes but hiding sensitive data can also look bad.

That is the sort of thing communist countries do.

I say give it another trial and listen to the new sellers, its the new sellers that are going to build this place up.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I can't imagine why you suppose that "da management" would be basing their decision on listening solely to those who've been here the longest, rather than going on stats that only they have access to. Or do you imagine they wouldn't be interested in trying to maximise the success of the site?

In answer to your questions IMHO:

1. Because one of the largest UK jewelry seller, the editor of the newsletter, and others are adamantly against it and I think the admin does not want to discourage them from selling here.

2. If their trial run was so bad, why not tell us when they might try it again since when 2 polls were taken over the last year most who voted in the polls wanted bids to show.

3. No, not as much as the big red Xs which glare out when searching closed items.
    Last edited by florida33549; 3rd April 2011 at 11:17 PM.

Forum Newbie
    Gibraltar, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    View music4many's Feedback (+3178)
    All-About music4many
    View music4many's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm new here but I have to agree showing the bids would be a lot better and maybe it could be something worth considering.

Forum Newbie
    All-About leisa7263
    View leisa7263's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am new to ebid having come across from eBay. I am thoroughly hacked off with eBay they expect to much from the sellers who are just trying to make some money.

i am selling off all my card making items and my dads clothes not a business but this site i find a bit hard to use i have put a few items on to see how it goes and paid the £49 to reduce costs.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well welcome to you leisa ..... The more you use this site, the easier it becomes. (It's just new to you - that's all).
    I honesty found here to be less complicated than the bay - overall.
    Can't wait to see your listings......

Forum Newbie
    View gmatt9858's Feedback (+35)
    All-About gmatt9858
    View gmatt9858's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm new and so far I have found only items with tons of views but no bids. I'm used to a lot of bidding and it looks like these items are posted or months. I sell a lot of toys and frankly I was hoping to see more listings. I like to see completed listings to. It's good to reference when your not sure about the item you have. My bids used to start at .99 but with no bids I might not be able to do that here.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

gmatt, it's been said already. Most items on here sell as bin. The only items I ever list as auctions are the monthly YDC charity auctions. Everything else I list with a single price. So none of my items would ever show bids. If you doubt whether anything sells then I present to you my feedback. Every comment refers to something which sold on here (either sold by me or bought by me). I always leave feedback when I buy but many of my buyers do not leave feedback so my transaction figure is considerably higher than my feedback, which is 1415 as I type.

Why do you want to see bids where there are few of them? Management tried it (as has been said) and they said it was counter-productive. I am not Management's greatest fan but I'm sure they are right about this one.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information