eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to see the bids.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I want to see the bids.

If you list it, it can sell. If you don't list it, it won't sell. It doesn't cost any money to list it when you are seller+......so it might as well be up and out there for people to see.

With vintage odds and ends, I suppose some of the time you just have to put down what seems fair to you..........based on experience and guesswork, if you can't find the answers elsewhere. Even with research, on one of a kind odds and ends, what sells one day to someone might not the next, as the only person in the universe who wanted that purple pig with green glasses sitting on a goat necklace already has one. So.....research can tell you what the last gizmo sold for, but not if the next one will, or, if it does, for how much. I sell odd things from time to time, and sometimes it will sit here for a few months, then the right person comes along and bang bang bang bang...........a whole bunch are gone. good luck!! I'm sure you will have success........sort of the IF YOU BUILD IT< THEY WILL COME idea.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

I price my items for what I'm willing to let them go for. Sometimes I research them, sometimes I don't.

My biggest reason for wanting a bid column is it brings attention to the item if a bid has been placed on it. It's just common sense....it makes others want to look to see what has a bid. The idea that so many items do not have bids and it would look bad for the site is ridiculous IMHO. But I know there are many sellers here who do not want a bid column for some reason. I hope ebid will reconsider this and do something about it in the near future.

And while they're at it, please get rid of the big red Xs that show on a completed search for items. This, IMHO, is far more detrimental to the site than having a bid column.

Forum Newbie
    Gibraltar, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    View music4many's Feedback (+3178)
    All-About music4many
    View music4many's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am new to Ebid having recently come over from Ebay and I agree this site has plenty of potential and now is the right time to get the Ebid name out to as many as possible.

I have to agree with what has been said here, I would love to see the bids and also for the seller to be able to see how many watchers on their own items.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    I price my items for what I'm willing to let them go for. Sometimes I research them, sometimes I don't.

My biggest reason for wanting a bid column is it brings attention to the item if a bid has been placed on it. It's just common sense....it makes others want to look to see what has a bid. The idea that so many items do not have bids and it would look bad for the site is ridiculous IMHO. But I know there are many sellers here who do not want a bid column for some reason. I hope ebid will reconsider this and do something about it in the near future.

And while they're at it, please get rid of the big red Xs that show on a completed search for items. This, IMHO, is far more detrimental to the site than having a bid column.
    Again... you nailed it.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post

I'm no expert on this, but would it be possible (viable), to have the bid column as an option....
    ie: A seller can either have it shown (available/active) .... OR .... not. - Then all sellers would be happy 'co no-one is forced into a 'must have' or 'can't have' situation.

Plus this would enable individual sellers to experiment for themselves with both approaches, to see which works best for them.

Just a thought.....

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    I'm no expert on this, but would it be possible (viable), to have the bid column as an option....
    ie: A seller can either have it shown (available/active) .... OR .... not. - Then all sellers would be happy 'co no-one is forced into a 'must have' or 'can't have' situation.

Plus this would enable individual sellers to experiment for themselves with both approaches, to see which works best for them.

Just a thought.....
    Nice thought but I don't think it would work. Would probably be a nightmare for the programmers.

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

I'm not a programmer...... but I always thought when it comes to displaying something (vs not displaying it),
    that it was a fairly simple approach..... - sorta like....

'1' = 'TRUE' (Display)
    '0' = 'FALSE' (Don't Diplay)

so that it was simply 'selectable' (like a switch on/off)

Are there any Programmers around who could shed any light?

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

I'm only suggesting the 'optional approach' after finding out that the hard work of designing the programming has already been done .....

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    The functionality to show bids is already there,
    after a lot of requests on the forums, by many people who claimed it would increase sales,
    eBid added them...........

Steve, I hope your suggestion is heard. Many of us would opt for it.

I would like to see bids too but, right now I'm not getting many sales...

Thread Information