Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to see the bids.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I want to see the bids.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBlueBlood View Post
    Really? Because the last count of users was 104 and 500 plus guest. I don't believe it is anywhere that much, or alteast active users. I would say that is my guess. Thanks
    Thats the number of current Forum Users.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Really? Because the last count of users was 104 and 500 plus guest. I don't believe it is anywhere that much, or alteast active users. I would say that is my guess. Thanks
    Huh?? 104 500 Me thinks you are looking-talking 'bout the forums... tis separate from the Auction site

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yikes... what a misconception OMG.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Yikes... what a misconception OMG.
    yes there are alot of misconceptions about eBid

A lot of it comes about when people attempt to compare eBid with Feebay.

Its a fundamental error. its horses for coarses.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

The bids have it. It's a no brainer for Ebid, the seller, and buyer too. We all benefit with it in place than not.
    Does anyone know the actual count of users on Ebid? Official or otherwise, even speculative?
    Thanks
    The member numbers today stand at :- 876,766. Not all will be active members of course but that is the number of eBid accounts open at this time.

I also would like the bid column shown again. I think long enough has elapsed now since it was last tried to give it another go. The site is much bigger now and sales have improved since last summer so I would like to see another trial please eBid.

Thank you for the correction. No, not a misconception, simple fact of having none, thus the intial question. Oh, no one is attempting to compare this site to Ebay, thus far there is no comparison. I hope that changes soon, sure would not mind at least one percent of their traffic. I would rather learn from the 800% Gorilla and ride on their coat tails if you can never be the head of the class. There is a lot to be said for Ebay and apparently between the two there are already a lot of similarities. I hope Ebid takes the best from Ebay and steers away from the worse. It is easier and cheaper to let your somewhat competitor make and pay for all the mistakes.

OMG is right! 104 registers users on a forum site at any given time is rather low population for a site with 800k users. Cornishmaid, have to agree with you on the activity or maybe lack there of part.

It appears the majority here do agree, we do want bids to show.

Cornishmaid,

It's nice to meet a success here on Ebid. You seem to have done very well. Congrats!

I will have to watch you more closely, maybe learn a thing or two from you.

I will say customer support is quick, easier than I expected and fast.

Cornishmaid,

It's nice to meet a success here on Ebid. You seem to have done very well. Congrats!

I will have to watch you more closely, maybe learn a thing or two from you.
    LOL - There are customers here and many more come in via Google Products and TheFind. You just need a bit of patience to build up your reputation as it's a smaller site and do a bit of ground work to get yourself established. I for one am very pleased I returned to eBid when trouble started to brew on the other side in 2008. The growth on eBid in the last year or so has been amazing and I'm sure it will continue to improve. I am happy to see it continue at it's own pace as big errors have been made elsewhere with rushed investment and have even led to the demise of other auction sites. I wish you luck with you sales.

I will say customer support is quick, easier than I expected and fast.

Customer support is brilliant here they have a wonderful team. It was so refreshing to get a reply from a human being when I came back here instead of an automated reply which has nothing to do with the question you asked !!!

View yng1998's Feedback (+884)
    All-About yng1998
    View yng1998's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    While I don't really have an opinion on whether seeing the number of bids on another sellers item is good or bad, I'm a wee bit bemused by the reasoning of the OP.

To me that sounds a bit like... I can't be bothered researching my items desirability, or the demand that there is in the marketplace. So I'm going to wait for someone else to do all of the hard work and then try and make a profit off the back of their efforts.

All's fair in love and war (and business) I suppose, but it just doesn't seem right.
    I have to respond to the above comment. This is my marketplace, as is the entire internet, so it makes sense to do my reserch here. I'm sure other people use my listings as reserch as well. I don't carry trendy merchandise that can be priced with every day sources. I have vintage odds and ends and no specialty in any one area. Library reference material seems to have prices that are for insurance purposes rather than resale. Frankly, I don't want to spend hours listing 20 handkerchiefs when they aren't selling. I'd rather spend time listing items that are trending up and save my duds for another time or donate them if thier time never comes. It only makes sense, or preferabley, cents.

Thread Information