Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to see the bids.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I want to see the bids.

VABlueBlood

Many of the members have been here on a long time.
    And I would think that most of our members would like to see ebid more well known especially in the USA.

But it is a small private company.
    The say they tried showing bids years ago and the bids were not there, so they felt it put people off.

Going for a venture capitalist etc is the worst thing that could ever happen.
    The owners would lose all control and the friendliness of the site would disappear.
    Look at Bonzana they got some funding and people are not like some of the changes, and its growth has stalled.
    Look at esty they got huge funding and many people are leaving it to go for another handmade site.
    Yahoo tried auctions and could make it work.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 28th March 2011 at 05:16 AM.

Julie,

I understand what you are saying but disagree a bit. All venture capitalist are not bad, and the company, if strong enough will have control. A good venture capitalist will not stand in the way but get out of the way, as long as the business model and management is strong. If this company wants more Americans, the site and some attitudes must change. The only reason sellers should come here is to be motivated by profit, not friendship. Although friendship is a good thing and friendliness should always prevail, but the sole function of this site is to bring seller and buyer together and make money.
    As far as the bid counter, what reason a management team may give you may not always be the truth, after all it is a private company and they answer to no one. I believe those of use, who seems to be the majority, would disagree with Ebids reasoning, although I have yet to see it in print or other formal format.
    I am sure by the response of many experience sellers, and one other formidable auction house marketing studies, it serves a great purpose, by driving traffic and thus increase of bids. I would hope Ebid changes this policy if they want more sellers from America. The softwear already resembles Ebya in many ways, no reason to not have a counter, unless of course you did not want that count to be seen. If I have auctions, I want that count or bid to be seen, otherwise what is the point of having auctions? I want bidders to be drawn in every way possible and like I said, the big guy has done the research, so let them pay for it, while Ebid and its sellers benefit from it.
    Yahoo? I recall Yahoo when Jerry and his partner was still in their dorms and Yahoo was nothign but url links on the web. Yahoo is not an auction house, totally different business model and a big reason why it did not succeed. Also, Yahoo was released or ipo on Wall Street in April 1996 so they were very much capitalized that day as their shares were bought and sold in their entirety 7 times over in that one day trading period setting a record. I know, I bought a few shares myself that day. From that sell they had the money to capitalize and promote there then so called search engine, as it was called. I know the history of the net, since I watch it grow from practically nothing to today. Yahoo cannot be included, totally different company but had very good venture capitalist on Wall Street.
    I am not so worried about the friendliest of the site as you put it, since it seems to be a click more than anything I have come across. I want multitudes on this site, friendly or not, since it is an auction site. Don't get me wrong,but if I were looking for more friends, then I would join a social network site. I am here like others, to make money and escape the high fees of the other guy. You can't have both worlds if you want growth! I want growth and Ebid needs to do something or some other site will fill the void.

Just my opinion

I would like bids shown but I've been asking that for several years. At one time bids were shown in our stores, but that was taken away also.

As for the argument that if bids were shown it would not be good for the site because of so few bidders......it can't be any worse than when you search for closed items and see the big red Xs. Now those are terrible.

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm bidding on some auctions in the YDC and if I scroll to the bottom of the page, I can see the bids and where I stand in the bidding. Also get emails sent to me.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=Juliebabe25;1314548
    Yahoo tried auctions and could make it work.[/QUOTE]

Julie... you let out the word NOT
    Yahoo tried auctions and could NOT make it work.... also Microsoft-NBC, Krause, Disney and many hundreds more re: 1997-2002
    their problems.... Bad software, bad layouts, are just a few.

All-About FBNeNotes
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelady View Post
    I'm bidding on some auctions in the YDC and if I scroll to the bottom of the page, I can see the bids and where I stand in the bidding. Also get emails sent to me.
    No No.... different ball game.
    We are Talking about the site... scrolling pages in Categories.. NOT individual auctions

The bids have it. It's a no brainer for Ebid, the seller, and buyer too. We all benefit with it in place than not.
    Does anyone know the actual count of users on Ebid? Official or otherwise, even speculative?
    Thanks

All-About FBNeNotes
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VaBlueBlood View Post
    The bids have it. It's a no brainer for Ebid, the seller, and buyer too. We all benefit with it in place than not.
    Does anyone know the actual count of users on Ebid? Official or otherwise, even speculative?
    Thanks
    Guess..... 800,000

By the way, there is a lot good to be said for Ebid, but I think that is already apparent. I am more interested in finding ways to make it better, and hopefully that means Ebid will listen to sellers suggestions, wants, and needs. I hope they do the same for buyers, because I am a buyer too! It would be nice to show the bids and advantageous too.

Really? Because the last count of users was 104 and 500 plus guest. I don't believe it is anywhere that much, or alteast active users. I would say that is my guess. Thanks

Thread Information