eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: I want to see the bids.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I want to see the bids.

I'm almost the only person with two ids - one is (usually) totally selling for charity - I was logged in to the wrong one when I started to wander about your store, picking stuff up and admiring it...
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I'm almost the only person with two ids - one is (usually) totally selling for charity - I was logged in to the wrong one when I started to wander about your store, picking stuff up and admiring it...
    Well, thanks for stopping in.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Didn't know you had 2 IDs, lol. Glad someone else likes that idea [color change]. I thought it was a decent compromise for those of us who wanted bids to show. But others responded with [and I quote] "Showing the bids is showing the bids, whether you do it via a number, a colour, or the picture of a baboon's backside - the site just isn't ready for it yet".

As for you knowing my items have bids, you know the ins and outs of ebid because you have been here for a while and can figure out they have bids. Newbies will not.
    I've just had a look at your listings and store. I've been here 8 years and I can't figure out which have bids. I guess Madelaine is using her occult powers.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I've just had a look at your listings and store. I've been here 8 years and I can't figure out which have bids. I guess Madelaine is using her occult powers.
    I didn't say (or do I mean mean to say?) that I could see the bids. I don't think it helps because there seldom are any. But.. there are two much more pressing issues - buyers abandoning the site because they don't want to give out a phone number and lost listings!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I didn't say (or do I mean mean to say?) that I could see the bids. I don't think it helps because there seldom are any. But.. there are two much more pressing issues - buyers abandoning the site because they don't want to give out a phone number and lost listings!
    Ah, sorry I misunderstood. And I wasn't even aware there've been issues with phone numbers -- doesn't it work the same way as on feeBay, the other party only gets the phone number if there's been lack of contact via messages? Can't imagine I'd often want a phone number myself, making a single phone call would blow away my profit, but for higher value transactions I can see the point.

Oh, of course it won't work the same way as feeBay. That seems to be a standard rule on eBid... if it's done a certain way over there, no matter whether it's good or not, take a pride in doing it differently here.

I'm watching the lost listings saga with interest. I hope it's resolved, because I wouldn't have any idea if some of mine have gone missing. But I do have sympathy with Gazza on that one, it must be a very difficult problem to track down.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I'm watching the lost listings saga with interest. I hope it's resolved, because I wouldn't have any idea if some of mine have gone missing. But I do have sympathy with Gazza on that one, it must be a very difficult problem to track down.
    I agree with that
    Glitches like that can be VERY hard to find and fix.
    I have a spreadsheet with all of my listings, but if you have lots of listings that might not be practical.

Forum Newbie
    View idealshoppe's Feedback (+282)
    All-About idealshoppe
    View idealshoppe's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm new to eBid but I agree, i buy as much as I sell and do get sucked into bidding more sometimes than I otherwise would have if I see other bidders. 0 bids means nothing because you always wonder if somone else is waiting until the last minute. It all adds to the excitement and what can it hurt to add the column.

Forum Newbie
    View judykudz's Feedback (+7872)
    All-About judykudz
    View judykudz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VaBlueBlood View Post
    The bids have it. It's a no brainer for Ebid, the seller, and buyer too. We all benefit with it in place than not.
    Does anyone know the actual count of users on Ebid? Official or otherwise, even speculative?
    Thanks
    According to Powersellersunite.com, the actual count of listings on eBid as of today is 4,052,353. Of course, that's the number of "listings", not "users", but it does show that this site is growing nicely.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

The number of ebid members is just under 900,000.

Look on the forum home page and scroll down to the bottom.

Forum Newbie
    View kbeuning's Feedback (+3069)
    All-About kbeuning
    View kbeuning's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am new to ebid. I would also like to see a bids column. Hearing everyone say there isn't one, because it would highlight the fact that there ARE no bids on ebid, is discouraging. There are plenty of fixed price sites. I jumped on the "leaving ebay for ebid" bandwagon, and joined as a seller+. I am starting to wonder if that was a mistake. I joined ebid because I thought it would be the next best auction site. There is a lot that I like about ebid. If ebid doesn't want to enhance the site to improve the auction aspect, then why even have auctions? I think showing the number of bids does motivate people to bid. I also don't like the big red X showing unsold auctions.

Thread Information