eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to see the bids.

View yng1998's Feedback (+884)
    All-About yng1998
    View yng1998's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I want to see the bids.

A lot of people, including myself, like to check out how many bids an item has. I creates excitement. I makes me curious as to why it has a bid. It makes me want to bid. As a seller being able to see if an item has a bid, as I page through, lets me know weather I should bother listing an item. It may help me to determine a price for the item. It helps me determine, when I go to an outside auction, if I should bother buying a certain item to resell in my store. I only listed in the auction format before I moved to this site, never fixed price or BIN. To me, an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If others see someone is willing they will be willing too. Please, please I want to see the bids.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I want to see the bids.

Greetings yng1998....
    I'm no expert in the field relating to your question..... however, if the bids aren't 'viewable' - you would realize making a change to the eBid functionality to accomodate this - well - it may not be a quick & easy thing to do.... If management saw enough good reason to do it then I'm sure they would. But for now maybe not....

I know this isn't much help. (someone with more knowhow may be able to add to this).
    But - just an observation here..... from what I've seen, eBid tends to have more Buy It Now sales than auctions - at the moment at least, because there's not the huge numbers of buyers here that would generate good 'competing' auctions....

Just my opinion....

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes yng1998, I only just noticed that your thread is under 'Website Suggestions' (I came across it another way)...
    Your's being a valid 'suggestion' - then I guess you never know..... (but it still tends to be more of a BIN site).
    Last edited by emporiumdays; 25th March 2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: spelling

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I'd like to see the bids. .

Bearing in mind that most sales on ebid are made by BIN.
    (and they are on ebay as well)

And I'd also like to see the watchers.

It would create a little more excitement.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 16th July 2011 at 03:39 AM.

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with yng1988 - auctions are fun and exciting - just look at the YDC auctions - lots of interest there.

Being able to see the amounts people are bidding encourages you to put your bid in that little bit higher...

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Re: I want to see the bids.

While I don't really have an opinion on whether seeing the number of bids on another sellers item is good or bad, I'm a wee bit bemused by the reasoning of the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by yng1998 View Post
    As a seller being able to see if an item has a bid, as I page through, lets me know weather I should bother listing an item. It may help me to determine a price for the item. It helps me determine, when I go to an outside auction, if I should bother buying a certain item to resell in my store.
    To me that sounds a bit like... I can't be bothered researching my items desirability, or the demand that there is in the marketplace. So I'm going to wait for someone else to do all of the hard work and then try and make a profit off the back of their efforts.

All's fair in love and war (and business) I suppose, but it just doesn't seem right.

The functionality to show bids is already there,
    after a lot of requests on the forums, by many people who claimed it would increase sales,
    eBid added them.

After reviewing the stats they found it was counter productive so removed them from view again.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbsbks2010 View Post
    I agree with yng1988 - auctions are fun and exciting - just look at the YDC auctions - lots of interest there.

Being able to see the amounts people are bidding encourages you to put your bid in that little bit higher...
    YES.... for my 8th time... we Need a Bids column when scrolling offerings on eBid.
    Mind boggling to me Sellers need help here....
    1- Need Bid Column
    2- Need the Views to only show to the seller of the item, not to Lookers.

These are the two Biggest Drawbacks to this site.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    The functionality to show bids is already there,
    after a lot of requests on the forums, by many people who claimed it would increase sales,
    eBid added them.

After reviewing the stats they found it was counter productive so removed them from view again.
    It is Needed... and a comment about bids shown and as to the BIN popularity.. make it clear and in readable English.

The more I read these forums the more I find resistance to anything that may be remotely be similar to Ebay, per improving Ebid. Well, I have new for ya'll, it was Ebay that created the initial platform or format per auctions online and as a result of it, love them or not, the are the biggest and best in terms of auctions all over the world. I see nothing wrong in adding a bid counter of sorts. The OP is correct, it draws people in , they may look, it drives traffic. I disagree with one person who says we have no reason and most auctions are Buy It Now. Well, the reason for that is, lack of traffic. What is Ebid doing about traffic? There are plenty of small changes that can be done to make the site more user friendly. We should have the header expanded to accept more characters, without having to scroll left and right. The Store Logo should be more pronounced and on every page, thus allowing me to return my store within a click of the page. The Feedback page is simply too busy, tone it done, simplify it more.
    One big issue I have is the additional steps to load pics, it should not be as awkward nor as long. I should have multiple functions as Ebid presents, but also the function taking one or more pics per listing at a time directly off my pc. The additional step can be burdensome to some sellers and a waste of time. There should be some sort of merge or all options allowed between both ideas and or functions.
    The bid counter should be shown, it was the first thing I looked for when coming to this site. Is it because Ebid fears that we may all see little to no bidding going on? I guess they don't want us to see how many auctions that go off without a bid, thus a concept of real traffic or selling? I say show it, it will also show growth, pick up more interest, excitement and more traffic will come. The biggest issue is that it is not only a dis-service to the growth of Ebid, it is a dis-service to the people who are paying for that listing, since bids do attract more bidding, which means more money for Ebid and seller. I strongly believe it should be reinstated since Ebid should maximize all its abilities to bring traffic to that paid listing. I also see that there is a majority here would agree. How about you Ebid? I am sure Ebid has a great team of software engineers that can make all these suggestions happen or part of the site if they wanted. We, your sellers and buyers want it!!

To some of you who may be against suggestions, but who need more sellers and buyers, particularly from America. Well, putting more features in that are similar to Ebay per easy of use, bid counter (big one), and other features that may greatly improve the site will help drive traffic. Otherwise, Ebid will create the opposite effect, validating to both sellers and buyers (sellers are buyers too) alike that Ebay is worth the fees. The will instead stay on Ebay than come to a site that only has potential and nothing more.

Yesterday I was shouted down for my suggestions, amongst other things, but if you want Ebid to work, if Ebid wants to work, you and they better be open to them.

Bottom line, there are a ton of very unhappy sellers on Ebay. Ebid needs to make some changes and capitalize on that anger to bring more sellers here. Like I said, sellers are buyers too!

I hope Ebid executives are reading this site. It has great potential but it needs to capitalize (money), i.e., find a venture capitalist, and or sell some of its interest, so it can have the funds to gets its name out there. It needs money to promote itself. It should imitate more of the 800 lb. gorilla while targeting their angry sellers!! I want this site to succeed but it must want too as well. The biggest potential right now for fast growth is the American market. America says, Ebid who?

Thread Information