eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebid and advertising.

Default Re: Ebid and advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post
    I think advertising would be a good thing. We are now advertising on Facebook and I would be happy with 4% Final Value Fees if it gets more sellers and buyers over here
    Totally agree - and have said this on many occasions.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

2% to 4%

100% - what a fee hike - smacks of ebay to me.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    2% to 4%

Agree 110%.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

2% to 4%

Just sounds like a rent increase to me - happens everywhere so dont see why not here - running costs must be going up and someone gotta pay for them eventually.

On the bay, people saying the recent increases are just for putting more money in the top cats pockets.
    Yet when it is suggested here and folks dont want it - to me that says the sellers dont want it so they can put more money in their own pockets.

If sellers cant absorb a 2p in the pound increase ONLY if an item sells and it is for the good of the site, then I reckon there is something wrong in their pricing structure. (especially if the extra was put towards advertising, and could increase sales, therefore absorbing the 2% increase - would only have to increase sales by one item per month for this to be advantageous)
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 22nd March 2011 at 03:40 PM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Right now I'd rather they concentrated on getting the site running as smoothly and efficiently as possible, and presenting new buyers and sellers with the easiest, most fault-free experience possible. If ebay is determined to send their customers this way, let's offer them the best possible experience so they choose to stay, and tell all their contacts. At the moment there are still areas that need to be vastly simplified; invoicing, feedback, and outside integration (API) spring to mind. Forget upping the fees (not great timing if that's what's driving people away elsewhere) and advertising so that there's an even greater rush of confused newbies for us to deal with (I'd quite like to save a few minutes a day to manage my own sales, thanks).

2% to 4%

This is the way that E**y started their own problems. Just a little hike so they could hire a few more people to handle the advertising---and then a few more to handle the problems caused---and a few more to make more rules--then a few more to cover the advertising---then another raise in fees so they could do a little more advertising.

I personally don't want this to become a top heavy site where the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. I don't want it to lose site of what it started out to be. An affordable alternative for small sellers.

If you need more income than you get on this site then you do what I do and list in several places.

I agree with kimbo - this is certainly not a good time to be talking about any fee increases - don't want to be accused of being like e***.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Right now I'd rather they concentrated on getting the site running as smoothly and efficiently as possible, and presenting new buyers and sellers with the easiest, most fault-free experience possible. If ebay is determined to send their customers this way, let's offer them the best possible experience so they choose to stay, and tell all their contacts. At the moment there are still areas that need to be vastly simplified; invoicing, feedback, and outside integration (API) spring to mind. Forget upping the fees (not great timing if that's what's driving people away elsewhere) and advertising so that there's an even greater rush of confused newbies for us to deal with (I'd quite like to save a few minutes a day to manage my own sales, thanks).
    I agree 100% the site needs to be fine tuned. eBid has been around for a while and will probably require fine tuning for quite a while longer.
    Although I agree we need to make the jump as pleasant and least confusing as possible and we need to keep newbies here. The only way to keep newbies here and fill our categories is through sales.
    How are sales going to increase to keep the folks jumping over from ebay to stay? Yes they will enjoy the low fees the freindly atmosphere the ease of listing but a lot are coming and expect sales. We certainly don't want to lose them.
    There are many more then 1 type of seller coming here. We want to keep the ones who list hundreds and thousands of smaller items as well as the ones listing big ticket items also the unusual item sellers. Yes the low fees will attract them here but what will keep them? I could be wrong but the only thing that keeps sellers is...sales.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread, and appologies, if I have repeated something from you.

I joined eBid in 2005, and I have come back a few times in between (including now), and have seen a huge difference.

I dislike eBay for a number of reasons, to name three are:

1. They have made it easier for schill bidders.

2. The Negative FB system (Sellers unable to leave it).

3. The constant adverts that are being added (very annoying). (I have also noticed that eBid have them now too).

I think eBid should have an "Ad" campaign and target both buyers and sellers.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Just sounds like a rent increase to me - happens everywhere so dont see why not here - running costs must be going up and someone gotta pay for them eventually.
    If the site is already attracting an influx of people who are trying to get away from a fee hike (however justified this is in either location) it would an immensely stupid moment to announce a fee increase here. "Sorry you've got sick of fee increases elsewhere, welcome to our site, we're putting our fees up to capitalise on your misfortune".

Thread Information