Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Ebid and advertising.

Default Re: Ebid and advertising.

There are dozens of these sites all over the net.

Anyone that is stupid enough to get sucked into them, without reading exactly what they are doing, gets exactly what they deserve.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    There are dozens of these sites all over the net.

Anyone that is stupid enough to get sucked into them, without reading exactly what they are doing, gets exactly what they deserve.
    Indeed, some are even advertised here at the bottom of the Page.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Yes...But I think this is not going to happened I mean person or the winner bid or bought 1 entry and won…nop…nop…I mean too even a winner is going to spend much more own money…person can watch and clock on the item going down but before time expires somebody bid and price going up and go again and again…I mean somebody is going to won particular item but with one bid or entry I don’t think so…but bottom line is very simple auction site in that way make lot of money from other bidders who don’t won but bid on that item and spend $0.60 each time for every bid….heheh…In my opinion this is just gambling stuff…stay away from that site…
    On regular auction site as everybody know if is person go on bidding wars and bid more and more amount but in the end after time expire only winner 1 winner won and pay that amount for winning bid…BUT all other bidders who bid and don’t won is not going to cost you nothing at all…and losers walk away but with own money in own pocket…and for that auction site you walk away after you lost but you will be lost you money from all your bids and depends how many time you click on bid x $0.60 each time heheh…So in the end this company make money from bidders who bid and lost in the end and most of time for ‘’hot’’ items and ‘’big’’ items this company make 3 to 4 time much money from how much exactly this item cost in regular retail stores…
    Just like a Lottery, buy ticket(s) hope to win and spend very little.
    There are massive amounts of people playing lotteries every day.

Here ya go adruml - just for you.

auction number 39443722

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Here ya go adruml - just for you.

auction number 39443722
    Although the picture resembles me a bit for that kind of money I'll stick with ebay and wait for eBid to grow.

But thanks for the thought, and that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    The latest version of subliminal advertising. Quick 1 second flashes. I understand they work and don't cost a heck of a lot of money.
    Illegal in the UK according to the following
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0308121938.htm

Other sites disagree.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 24th March 2011 at 09:50 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Hi All
    Not posted on here for a while but thought I would throw my 2p's worth in.
    TV and Radio Adverts are a waste of money you only remember to ones that suck or the ones the drive you crazy.
    although the new product placement that is coming in to place in the UK maybe good would be cool to see Alfie Moon in a eBid t-shirt.
    Can you remember the last time you brought some thing because an advert told you to? or visited a web site seen in an advert?
    If the sellers here want this place to be like ebay then the way to do it is by self promote. ebid has everything set up for the seller to do that.
    You have to do the links to facebook post new listings on twitter sell on multi platforms send them flyers and this is the big one stick with the self promoting.
    Ebid also has the added bonus of items turning up in Google shopping search which is becoming more and more popular with internet
    shoppers
    People who have posted on this thread are saying well ebay have done big adverts on tv in the past well yes they have but only after they were well established (eg large community) and only to put more money in the pockets of there now evil board. ebay started as a part time project by an already multi-Millionaire not as a selling platform but more as a community that sells stuff it made a point in the begining not to advertise but to use word of mouth of its community to advertise it self.
    At where I work our canteen is open for people to sell item to the staff this one lady had really nice items and I asked if she had a card or flyer she handed me one and I noticed that it had an ebid shop name on it so I said to her you sell on the net to and she said yes and procided to tell me all about what she sold on ebay and how to find her on there to which I answered but whats this ebid store all about and all she said was oh yeah we sell on there too it just like ebay.
    This just shows that some sellers on here just don't want to help themselfs to get sales through here.
    Also banded on this thread is the fact that some of the cat's. on here do not have much listed in them well again ebay sellers and ebay it's self made a lot of money from only 3 items that were listed in the thousands these were beany baby's ,PEZ and comic books these were part of there key item listed and they seam to have done well form that. It does not mater what is listed if it is listed in the right cat( which I admit is some times hard on ebid) with a good discriptive title and good pics. which is then found in google people (buyers) will find it.
    It is harder to sell on here because lots of sellers just plant the stuff here and leave it and hope it sells not tell anyone about it not because of any lack of advertising done by ebid but more from lack of advertising by them self.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    Hi All
    Not posted on here for a while but thought I would throw my 2p's worth in.
    TV and Radio Adverts are a waste of money you only remember to ones that suck or the ones the drive you crazy.
    although the new product placement that is coming in to place in the UK maybe good would be cool to see Alfie Moon in a eBid t-shirt.
    Can you remember the last time you brought some thing because an advert told you to? or visited a web site seen in an advert?
    If the sellers here want this place to be like ebay then the way to do it is by self promote. ebid has everything set up for the seller to do that.
    You have to do the links to facebook post new listings on twitter sell on multi platforms send them flyers and this is the big one stick with the self promoting.
    Ebid also has the added bonus of items turning up in Google shopping search which is becoming more and more popular with internet
    shoppers
    People who have posted on this thread are saying well ebay have done big adverts on tv in the past well yes they have but only after they were well established (eg large community) and only to put more money in the pockets of there now evil board. ebay started as a part time project by an already multi-Millionaire not as a selling platform but more as a community that sells stuff it made a point in the begining not to advertise but to use word of mouth of its community to advertise it self.
    At where I work our canteen is open for people to sell item to the staff this one lady had really nice items and I asked if she had a card or flyer she handed me one and I noticed that it had an ebid shop name on it so I said to her you sell on the net to and she said yes and procided to tell me all about what she sold on ebay and how to find her on there to which I answered but whats this ebid store all about and all she said was oh yeah we sell on there too it just like ebay.
    This just shows that some sellers on here just don't want to help themselfs to get sales through here.
    Also banded on this thread is the fact that some of the cat's. on here do not have much listed in them well again ebay sellers and ebay it's self made a lot of money from only 3 items that were listed in the thousands these were beany baby's ,PEZ and comic books these were part of there key item listed and they seam to have done well form that. It does not mater what is listed if it is listed in the right cat( which I admit is some times hard on ebid) with a good discriptive title and good pics. which is then found in google people (buyers) will find it.
    It is harder to sell on here because lots of sellers just plant the stuff here and leave it and hope it sells not tell anyone about it not because of any lack of advertising done by ebid but more from lack of advertising by them self.
    Someone better let the boy s over at Toyota, McDonalds, Budweiser, Miller and the rest of them they are wasting their money with TV Ads.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am in the ebid should not advertise Yet camp.

But I would agree with adrumi's last post.
    Here in New Zealand we have 4 big banks, they all advertise on tv every day.
    We have 4 big petrol companies, they all advertise every day.
    We have one big pay tv channel they advertise lots every day.

They all do it just to keep their name in people's mind.
    They have big fat cat corporate budgets and can throw money away without worrying about an ROI.

ROI in this case means how much would it cost ebid to get a new seller / buyer and how much would they spend ? and then how much would ebid make on its 2% fvf fee ?

If ebid ever advertised they would first have to reach millions of new buyers.
    Then remind them every day to look on ebid if they were going to buy something.

And I say don't advertise in a big way yet, because ebid needs a few features fixing and adding before that, and also it needs a lot more variety.

Red face Re: Ebid and advertising.

Hello Everyone & Pleased to Meetcha!

Just joined the ranks of eBid & paid for my lifetime membership! I only read the first few pages & already want to sound off.....I have an account on eBay (Since Nov. 2004) - I was a seller & a buyer. I decided to "Jump Ship" & seek out an alternative auction site to list the 250+ items that I had listed. I didn't know eBid existed until i Googled "Alternative Auctions Sites from eBay".

I got tired of eBay letting the Buyers "walk all over" the Sellers. Buyers can do no wrong in eBay's eyes. Buyers can leave negative feedback for Sellers without any justification. They can receive full refunds on items they purchase just by opening up a claim (which puts a hold on our funds being available for us to use) I've had buyers claim they didn't receive the item(s) I shipped them, say they were damaged (when they weren't or they damaged them after use), say it wasn't as described (on eBay you have to describe EVERYTHING - I feel my descriptions are too long here), had them return their items in place of mine even...ALL A-OK in eBay's eyes!

They don't do a good enough job weeding out the bad Sellers either....A member of my family had purchased an item $500.00+ & the Seller refused to ship it. They wantedneeded hundreds more in order to have the item drop shipped & said they didn't have the money paid to them to refund because they already spent it. It took over a month of phone calls, e-mails to eBay & PayPal to get the money they paid back. They let the Seller remain selling items for a couple more months before I noticed that they disappeared.

So far I'm finding this site friendly & pretty easy to use compared to eBay (about the same) Still fumbling around to find all the features. Still want/have to add the Google Check Out to my account.

I agree that there needs to be some advertising though. eBay has the money for the advertising; they charge enough in listing fees & final value fees yet alone the fees I had to pay PayPal. eBay is a standard household name just as "The Holy Bible" is a houshold book.

I agree that there is a need for sellers in categories that have none (I'm hoping to change that...I've got a large variety of things yet to list; among those are boys items (I've got 4 & lots of clothing & toys ... including bins of Legos)

I agree that there is a need for buyers as well; that is appearant from what I see in the "view count" in my listings.

There also needs to be some changes made in eBids searching system (unless I'm doing it wrong, alot of my searches come up with 0 items until I research them about a half dozen times more) As a new Buyer & Seller, that would be enough for someone to take a quick look & never come back...it's too difficult.

From what I've seen, I believe this will be the next eBay & will be giving them all a run for their money (thanks to all of you!) It all just takes time.

Until then, my new friends, do carry on...spread the word & I will do the same. I look forward to adding my 2 cents in with your bucket of pennies in future.

Carrie

Thread Information