Thread: Ebid and advertising.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid and advertising.

How many sellers on here actually compare prices with ebad, I know I don't.
    If I need to search for pricing, I look through google shopping, as i suspect that is where most buyers come from and I am not really that interested in attracting what ebay consider as buyers.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    How many sellers on here actually compare prices with ebad, I know I don't.
    If I need to search for pricing, I look through google shopping, as i suspect that is where most buyers come from and I am not really that interested in attracting what ebay consider as buyers.
    Not really sure how it is in the UK but I asked 100 people several months ago how they search to purchase on line items well over 80% stated ebay. For information Google was the first choice but for purchasing and pricing their #1 search was ebay.
    I suspect most buyers here on eBid do come from Google but for price checking I don't beleive google is the main search.
    I also believe the point of comparing prices here to ebay is the sellers coming from ebay are listing higher prices here for some reason when in fact they should be considerably less here.
    If we are trying to keep buyers here our prices need to be lower then ebay. I believe we should reference ebay when listing our items. A bit hard to weed through some of the nonsense sellers there but we can get a general idea of what a lower price should be.
    Won't it be great when buyers just have a shortcut to eBid on their PC's and eliminate the google search and just search on eBid when buying? If we all can't agree on that well I don't know what to say anymore.

Forum Newbie
    View Jnc1421's Feedback (+4)
    All-About Jnc1421
    View Jnc1421's Listings
    Forum Posts

what i recently have done is made up business cards so now anybody who buys from me in flea markets or on ebay is going to get a business card with my website from this site hopefully it will bring in some other buyers also besides that i post an ad in craigslist daily

http://jncs-hats-and-jerseys.ebid.net/

Forum Newbie
    View Dodaman's Feedback (+1593)
    All-About Dodaman
    View Dodaman's Listings
    Forum Posts

What I would do is advertise this as having your own website. That's what I use it as. It costs less than a website and is easier to set up a store. If you google your store name it will come up with a direct link to your store. The biggest problem I see is the auction side. Not enough bidders so why bother. I use fixed price only on this site.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Not really sure how it is in the UK but I asked 100 people several months ago how they search to purchase on line items well over 80% stated ebay. For information Google was the first choice but for purchasing and pricing their #1 search was ebay.
    I suspect most buyers here on eBid do come from Google but for price checking I don't beleive google is the main search.
    I also believe the point of comparing prices here to ebay is the sellers coming from ebay are listing higher prices here for some reason when in fact they should be considerably less here.
    If we are trying to keep buyers here our prices need to be lower then ebay. I believe we should reference ebay when listing our items. A bit hard to weed through some of the nonsense sellers there but we can get a general idea of what a lower price should be.
    Won't it be great when buyers just have a shortcut to eBid on their PC's and eliminate the google search and just search on eBid when buying? If we all can't agree on that well I don't know what to say anymore.
    I do not think it will work like that. Where people go to the one site to buy all their items, as I suspect we are heading toward a different market struture, where rather than the site is king, the search engine will be king.
    The sellers are all so fragmented, as they try to find what works best for them, add that to the fact a lot of sellers fear the creation of another ebad and it should make interesting times ahead.

I don't know why, I find it an exiting time of opportunity rather than anything to dread, I just wish I lived in another country rather than the UK, as the Uk sucks when it comes to suppliers of anything that joe pulblic would want to buy.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whenever we search for something online my family use one of the search apps on our smartphones. Unfortunately never once have I seen an item from here returned in a search.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Thread Information