My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Classic Car Parts Category

Post Classic Car Parts Category

As car part sellers we are particularly hard hit by the fvf on shipping at the "other" site. I think there will be an influx of car part sellers here. To be honest car parts are a special beast and the category structure needs work. Parts and Spares, not user friendly for the buyers. Classic Car Parts is Missing Mercury, Packard, Studebaker

I hope that car part sellers commit to selling here and not throw in the towel after a few weeks because sales are not as anticipated. There are only a few sites that used car parts can be sold. In this time of economic struggle the wider your selling base the better your income. If anything the fee-bay hike made us take a look at online structure.

Prosperous Selling Everyone!
    Mary

Default Re: Classic Car Parts Category

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakKlassics View Post
    As car part sellers we are particularly hard hit by the fvf on shipping at the "other" site. I think there will be an influx of car part sellers here. To be honest car parts are a special beast and the category structure needs work. Parts and Spares, not user friendly for the buyers. Classic Car Parts is Missing Mercury, Packard, Studebaker

I hope that car part sellers commit to selling here and not throw in the towel after a few weeks because sales are not as anticipated. There are only a few sites that used car parts can be sold. In this time of economic struggle the wider your selling base the better your income. If anything the fee-bay hike made us take a look at online structure.

Prosperous Selling Everyone!
    Mary
    Hi Mary, welcome to eBid, if you want new categories, you really need to lay the info out in the way Gazza requested, otherwise it's unlikely to happen.
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...g-your-request.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I guess my point was that the car parts / classic car parts needs an over hall. But being new I softened the stance. Listing by car maker only, has many disadvantages. I have designed a few used car part websites and stores and getting the categories set in a fashion that is easy for the buyers to follow is critical. Buyers don't want to look through a ton of engine and sheet metal parts to find a piece of trim. If found to be to flustering they just leave.
    Perhaps I posted in the wrong spot.

Mary

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

It a bit pointless subdividing categories that are already empty.
    Ebid needs more sellers of classic car part and tools etc to start listing before worrying about sub divisions and sections.
    At the moment providing more sections would simply give more empty spaces.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

ND, you posted in the correct place, just not the right format. See Gothica's link which shows Gazza's instructions. They like it step-by-step specific, showing what you want.

CAR PARTS
    ..classic
    .....bumpers
    .....bolts
    .....gizmos
    ..new
    .....bumpers
    .....doors
    .....headlights

etc - well, that's a rough idea.
    At the first part of the New and Ghost Category suggestions is the 'how to' for the thread.........

Personally, I think a lot of people type in what they want to find and do a search....it will show up wherever you have it, so I suspect it's best to start listing and put it where it fits for now, and do a bulk edit later if and when they get the categories you want.
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 21st March 2011 at 08:31 AM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thanks,
    I don't think it pointless. I think when classic car parts dealers evaluate the site to see if they want to sell here it might be a stumbling block. I agree that most people search name, but if they are looking for more than one part or building a custom car, they want to browse. The current structure's numerical / alpha only works if the seller puts the year first, other wise the listing is lost in the alpha section of search results. Of course this may not be bad at the current moment, but perhaps a change is critical for growth. In my evaluation of ebid navigation was one of the negatives.

For my clients with limited budgets I have used this structure.

Example:
    Ford
    1920's
    1930's
    1940's
    1950's
    1960's
    1970's

It's a simple structure and would not leave a bunch of empty spaces. I would like some car folks input before posting the request. (in the correct format)
    The only other way I know to do it is by the standard parts location & purpose. A nightmare to build and list. Feedback please.

Mary

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information