eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New dealer just joined ebid saying heelo and info on what i will be selling

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View ukcoins's Feedback (+6)
    All-About ukcoins
    View ukcoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New dealer just joined ebid saying heelo and info on what i will be selling

Hi to all the coin community, i have just joined ebid i mostly sell pre1900 coins i presently sell a five figure sum of coins most months on bay but due to the yet another very large fee increase i have decided to come across to ebid and give it a try, i have plenty of high grade & scarce coins which i will start listing over the next couple of weeks once i have familiarised myself with ebid, i also have plenty of coins ranging from just a couple of pounds to, if your a coin collector please add me to your favourites and come and check out some of the coins i will be listing, heres a few i will put on soon high grade 1854 type 2 gold $1 - scarce very high grade 1870 gold $1 - very scarce 1800 flowing hair silver dollar, & plenty of high grade british coins,

Thanks for taking the time to read my message hope to see you buying from me soon, all the best UKCOINS

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New dealer just joined ebid saying heelo and info on what i will be selling

Glad to have you here, please let all your current and prior customers know where you are and bring them along with you. So glad we are really growing.

All-About ukcoins
    View ukcoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New dealer just joined ebid saying heelo and info on what i will be selling

Hi thank for reading my message, i have a lot of regular customers from the other site i will be letting them all know i am on this site i would hope it will bring quite a few buyers to the site i would hope my regulars will buy from here as they will get the coins cheaper off me here,

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Way to go!!! Our sales are just a little slower than on Ebay for now anyway, I feel that they are about to pickup

Welcome aboard
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome aboard - there seems to be a few coin sellers migrating here - the more the merrier.

Best wishes for your sales.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like your new pic of the old coin................what is it?? I don't collect coins, but they are really interesting!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About ukcoins
    View ukcoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi the coin is a James I gold unite which had a currency value of 20 shillings dated 1604-19 you had to be very rich back then to have on of these in your pocket,

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid, the friendliest place to buy and sell on the Net!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by ukcoins View Post
    Hi to all the coin community, i have just joined ebid i mostly sell pre1900 coins i presently sell a five figure sum of coins most months on bay but due to the yet another very large fee increase i have decided to come across to ebid and give it a try, i have plenty of high grade & scarce coins which i will start listing over the next couple of weeks once i have familiarised myself with ebid, i also have plenty of coins ranging from just a couple of pounds to, if your a coin collector please add me to your favourites and come and check out some of the coins i will be listing, heres a few i will put on soon high grade 1854 type 2 gold $1 - scarce very high grade 1870 gold $1 - very scarce 1800 flowing hair silver dollar, & plenty of high grade british coins,

Thanks for taking the time to read my message hope to see you buying from me soon, all the best UKCOINS
    Welcome aboard. I just joined myself a few weeks ago. Much more of a vest pocket type seller, I guess you could say primarily a collector for that matter. But at one time I was selling 30 or 40 coins a month on eBay, mostly world coins, back in the go-go days on eBay around 2004 and 2005. At that time, I could buy anything unusual I saw at a show and throw it on eBay. Out of every 20 auctions, I would lose a modest amount of money on 2 or 3 coins, make a very modest gain on about 15 (almost was a public service on some of them, I made next to nothing) and of the last 2 or 3 coins out of each 20 sold, I would make a killing. I made so much on those 2 or 3 coins that it offset the loss on the others many times over, and made it worth my time on the ones that broke even. Interesting thing about it, I was never real sure which coins would be the big winners. Of course I had my suspicions, especially if I knew I got a great deal on it when I purchased it. But just the same it was the thrill of the "race" in no reserve auctions starting at a dollar that made it so much fun.

Anyway, never was making a lot of money, but enough to make it worth my while. For me, the last straw came about a year and a half ago, shortly after the feedback policy was changed. A buyer of a NGC slabbed crown that sold for $215 left me negative feedback, and then demanded a $50 refund if I wanted it removed. I contacted eBay and filed an extortion complaint, --and their reply? They said it was only extortion if the demand for money was made before the feedback was left, not after. They then refused to do anything about it, even though it was obvious from the buyers "feedback left others" that he was pulling the same crap on a bunch of other sellers as well.

So, I swore off forever. Which turned out to be about 20 months. Tossed a few DVD boxed sets up on eBay a few months ago. I was astonished at how much the fees have gone up. And now, with their latest round of increases where even shipping gets clipped for a commission. Just unbelievable(!!) It's almost as if the guys running the site are trying to destroy the company. That quixotic imbecile, Meg Whitman, spending a $150,000,000 on her ego, --er I mean her run for the governor of California-- is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with the company. And now upper management readily admits that PayPal is the only "growth" part of the business, almost abdicating any responsibility to the shareholders as they proceed to destroy the auction venue.

In any case, the faster eBay implodes, the better off we all are here at eBid. To that extent, I hope they double their fees again over the next year. Coins and collectibles are a perfect merchandise mix for this site. It will take off eventually, I am confident of that or I wouldn't have joined. Some of the other catagories, computers and cameras for instance, I think will all go to Amazon once eBay vanishes. Would be nice to see that merchandise here as well, but I am less than sanguine that will happen.

That said, I have only listed a few DVDs, and I'm slowing getting a feedback profile going. For $75 there is no question we have gotten in at the ground floor, even if eBid has been around a while. I'm confident enough about that, to have blown nearly a grand on a new camera to help me properly list coins. I won't have to sell much on eBid to make that back, especially compared to what I would have handed over to eBay had I continued to sell there.

Meanwhile, I look forward to seeing your coins, and once again, welcome aboard!

Thread Information