eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gazza is my buddy point link working please ?

Default Gazza is my buddy point link working please ?

Hi Gazza, Sorry to trouble you but could you confirm yay or nay if my buddy point link is working ? Support corrected it for me a few weeks ago but it seems to have reverted back to how it was before.
    It should be http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main but on all my adverts and on my about me page it is now showing as http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

I'm beginning to think it is not working again as I haven't had one of my customers sign up via my link for nearly a month ! Please can you tell me if that extra amp; makes a difference or not and if it does can it be fixed so it doesn't appear again ?

Oops ! Posting them both here on the forum makes them look the same I hope you can see the difference from your end !
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 18th March 2011 at 01:11 PM.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Gazza is my buddy point link working please ?

I have checked both links and can confirm that both links above are setting the right cookie so i suppose if there was a problem it would be when the cookie is read back to eBid during the registration process.

Name:  buddy1.gif
Views: 73
Size:  12.7 KB

I have about 50 to 100 clicks on my buddy links before i get just one member to sign up.
    More wine please ...

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    I have checked both links and can confirm that both links above are setting the right cookie so i suppose if there was a problem it would be when the cookie is read back to eBid during the registration process.

Name:  buddy1.gif
Views: 73
Size:  12.7 KB

I have about 50 to 100 clicks on my buddy links before i get just one member to sign up.
    Thanks for that Jimbo I was beginning to think there was something wrong again but maybe there's not in that case. I hope Gazza can confirm that all is O.K.
    It just seemed strange that all my new customers were going elsewhere to sign up as some must come in via Google on my items even if it's just a small percentage.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Thanks for that Jimbo I was beginning to think there was something wrong again but maybe there's not in that case. I hope Gazza can confirm that all is O.K.
    It just seemed strange that all my new customers were going elsewhere to sign up as some must come in via Google on my items even if it's just a small percentage.
    I never understood why ebid appeared to agree there had ever been anything wrong with it since, as far as I can recall (and I've not got the sharpest memory I know) it all looked fine to me last time we had this discussion.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I never understood why ebid appeared to agree there had ever been anything wrong with it since, as far as I can recall (and I've not got the sharpest memory I know) it all looked fine to me last time we had this discussion.
    I don't remember it that way. I still have most of the links broken on my pages. Sometimes the links on some pages work, sometimes they don't (not just the buddy link). It's a bit irritating because it's not a good thing Google natural search wise (as far as I understand it).

I was trying to correct some of them last night with the bulk edit but couldn't get it right!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I don't remember it that way. I still have most of the links broken on my pages. Sometimes the links on some pages work, sometimes they don't (not just the buddy link). It's a bit irritating because it's not a good thing Google natural search wise (as far as I understand it).

I was trying to correct some of them last night with the bulk edit but couldn't get it right!
    I was only talking to and about Cornish's link. But as I say, I rarely bet my life on my accurate recall of events more than.... sorry, what were we talking about?

Becky......is this your way of asking.....can someone join up, make a purchase from me, then leave me feedback, so I can test my buddy point link?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Well support corrected it last time Kim, I know you are not convinced but that doesn't explain to me why the correction has reverted back to how it was before ?!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Becky......is this your way of asking.....can someone join up, make a purchase from me, then leave me feedback, so I can test my buddy point link?
    Well that would be very obliging Magz but I'll settle for a straight yay or nay from Gazza. If he says it is working fine then it will shut me up !

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Well support corrected it last time Kim, I know you are not convinced but that doesn't explain to me why the correction has reverted back to how it was before ?!

Well that would be very obliging Magz but I'll settle for a straight yay or nay from Gazza. If he says it is working fine then it will shut me up !
    I dont believe the last 5 words one little bit!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I dont believe the last 5 words one little bit!!!!
    Surely you can't be casting aspersions on nice quiet little moi !!!

Thread Information