Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Make Buddy points Fairer

Default Re: Make Buddy points Fairer

Interesting.. I have had this out with Ebid in great detail over the past few weeks and did try to make them aware that it would look unfair to alot of people.
    Please do not get me wrong, as a seller here I appreciate all the work done promoting Ebid and bringing in new Members that people like Jimbo does and i understand the point totally about he has as much right to the points and to spend them as we all do, but as i pointed out it makes all the efforts of people on here who for years have been buying and selling just to scrape enough together to win something worth having, and now Jimbo if he likes can outbid any of us on any auction :/ Something needs to be changed to make it fairer for everyone (INCLUDING JIMBO) so that everyone has a chance at getting something worthwhile with their hard earned points. JImbos suggestion was very good, a sliding scale , but if I remember back a few years (been here 5) we used to have that. I can clearly remember Buy it now for 300 points for LCD Tvs etc. Maybe its time to bring that back Gazza and Mark, plus the sliding scale for smaller items so everyone is happy. JImbos gets something worth having for his hard work and the rest of us get to do either buy it now or auctions on smaller items(or bigger if we have the points)
    I have to say I was surprised that customer services actually took the time to respond to my initial worry about this. It was discussed in great detail, and to their credit i was given a very fair hearing on 2 occasions, so hats of to them for that. Just lets hope they read this, and if enough people point out the issue Im sure they will revert back to the old BUY IT NOW auctions for people with larger point scores as i think this is the only fair way to go forward.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    Just so you know i have not and don't intend to bid on every buddy point auction.

would it not be better for eBid to list more buddy point auctions in a wider price array how about some buynow ones at 500 points etc
    Well, I was thinking that you would have to otherwise you would end up accumulating large numbers. Ultimately I thought you would end up bidding on the stuff just to resell it. Can't see how you would get any reward for your effort otherwise.

Yes, probably!

Things don't stay the same though. Already I'm thinking about trying moving off site to earn more points, hence blog etc. Correcting hundreds, maybe thousands of broken links on my auctions is looking like too much hard work. Mental note....investigate how Jimbo earns his points!
    Last edited by kedo; 3rd May 2011 at 02:04 PM.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by litttleme1969 View Post
    Please do not get me wrong, as a seller here I appreciate all the work done promoting Ebid and bringing in new Members that people like Jimbo does and i understand the point totally about he has as much right to the points and to spend them as we all do, but as i pointed out it makes all the efforts of people on here who for years have been buying and selling just to scrape enough together to win something worth having, and now Jimbo if he likes can outbid any of us on any auction :/ Something needs to be changed to make it fairer for everyone (INCLUDING JIMBO) so that everyone has a chance at getting something worthwhile with their hard earned points. JImbos suggestion was very good, a sliding scale , but if I remember back a few years (been here 5) we used to have that. I can clearly remember Buy it now for 300 points for LCD Tvs etc. Maybe its time to bring that back Gazza and Mark, plus the sliding scale for smaller items so everyone is happy. JImbos gets something worth having for his hard work and the rest of us get to do either buy it now or auctions on smaller items(or bigger if we have the points)
    I have to say I was surprised that customer services actually took the time to respond to my initial worry about this. It was discussed in great detail, and to their credit i was given a very fair hearing on 2 occasions, so hats of to them for that. Just lets hope they read this, and if enough people point out the issue Im sure they will revert back to the old BUY IT NOW auctions for people with larger point scores as i think this is the only fair way to go forward.
    I agree with some of this, I might be the first but as the site gets more popular and the API is released you can expect my points to be considered small as the big eBay affiliate programmers get a sniff.

and a big thank you to you and all the others for appreciating my hard work
    Last edited by jimbo750; 3rd May 2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: edit
    More wine please ...

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Mental note....investigate how Jimbo earns his points!
    Being able to program helps me
    More wine please ...

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe the rest of us could pool our buddy points to take out a contract hit on Jimbo.

Can't say the issue bothers me at all. It doesn't cost me anything to get (or not get) buddy points, they are not a part of my contract with eBid, and they are not why I do anything here.

As far as Jimbo's points - I tip my hat to him (or would if I had one) and congratulate him on his efforts.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why can't they have Buy It Now Buddy Point items ?

That way if someone really wants a particular item, they can work towards it and know they will get it in a certain time.

Ive been a member since July 2006 and have 954 pos feedback .
    My total buddy points is 16 .68, do i think it fair that others have had hundreds, yes i do because they
    have put more into EBID than i have.
    The oppertunity is there for all to gather them , i didnt and dont have a problem with the present system.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Why can't they have Buy It Now Buddy Point items ?

That way if someone really wants a particular item, they can work towards it and know they will get it in a certain time.
    What stops somebody who's accumulating buddy points fast from buying these items? How does this idea make any difference?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I joined up with eBid, I didn't know there were buddy points so I was quite surprised and pleased to discover this afterwards. I must thank eBid for the incentive for me to work as hard or as little as I want and in the process, earn buddy points for my efforts and spend them on eBid buddy auctions at no cost to me. I don't know of any other auction site that offers this incentive. I have no qualms with that what so ever. So, thank you very much eBid.

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm really starting to feel that i'm doing something wrong.
    Last edited by jimbo750; 3rd May 2011 at 10:09 PM.
    More wine please ...

Thread Information