eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Make Buddy points Fairer

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Make Buddy points Fairer

The difficulty here is that some members somehow seem to gain 100+ Buddy points per month signing up new members which is very impressive. However, for those who are busy listing items, buying & selling and thus developing the site content and boosting its use gain a comparatively small number of Buddy Points. These are free and we should be grateful, but it wouldn’t it just be nice if the balance of how these Buddy points are awarded were reviewed to make sure it is still equitable.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been thinking lately.

And I think the key to getting ebid really moving is getting sales

So why not make all buddy points for when a members buys something.

That way, you are gauranteed to get buddy points, and ebid makes some fvf's and the seller is happy as they made a sale, and may list more, or stay on ebid !

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I have been thinking lately.

And I think the key to getting ebid really moving is getting sales

So why not make all buddy points for when a members buys something.
    All? Are you *that* jealous of the people who've found effective ways of promoting eBid, and get good points for it? I'd love to reach the levels of some, but I don't think removing their points is the way I want to achieve it!

Ive got the t-shirt and the mug and still waiting patiently for the pen i bought 2 years ago, just wish the few ive got i could transfer to a charity .

Think it a good idea it encourages new sellers to contact previous customers to the site ,

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    All? Are you *that* jealous of the people who've found effective ways of promoting eBid, and get good points for it? I'd love to reach the levels of some, but I don't think removing their points is the way I want to achieve it!
    No I am not jealous of those members who manage to bring new members to ebid.
    They are helping us all.
    I have tried it, and to no avail so far!

(But I do know that I have bought people to ebid via my posting on other forums)

It was just that i was thinking the other day, that maybe a way of getting ebid moving ahead more would be to get more people buying on ebid.
    And maybe one way to encourage that would be to offer more buddy points.
    Or to at least push the fact that if you buy something on ebid you do earn buddy points.
    And then of course to let people know what buddy points are, and what they can do with them.

Sometimes I just come up with ideas, and of course they need to be thought through.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 3rd May 2011 at 09:32 AM.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    ..... to get more people buying on ebid.
    And maybe one way to encourage that would be to offer more buddy points.
    Perhaps a new campaign from management then.Five* free buddy points when you sign up as a buyer.

*enter number of choice!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with jealousy, more like fading hope. I've managed to earn up to as many as 35 buddy points in a month but, at this point, my hopes of wining any more of the buddy auctions is disappearing fast. At the moment one person can win all the buddy auctions without a problem. If I feel that way I think the person who earns a few points here and there is going to lose interest rapidly. If that happens then the whole scheme will be fairly pointless surely. I think you have to realise that there's now a serious imbalance.

Surely the likes of Jimbo should be catered for with a proper paid affiliate scheme?

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    Jimbo, Don't you think people who buy and sell a lot on eBid also work hard? I still think the credits from Buddy Point could be issued on a more equitable basis.
    Yes i certainly do, and i also see it from your point of view.

Back in 2007 I was a seller on eBid with a store for two years but after very little sales rather than complain and leave i decided to put all my efforts into getting buyers and seller to the site in the hope i can sell here again.
    Last edited by jimbo750; 3rd May 2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spell error
    More wine please ...

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    my hopes of wining any more of the buddy auctions is disappearing fast. At the moment one person can win all the buddy auctions without a problem. If I feel that way I think the person who earns a few points here and there is going to lose interest rapidly. If that happens then the whole scheme will be fairly pointless surely. I think you have to realise that there's now a serious imbalance.
    Just so you know i have not and don't intend to bid on every buddy point auction.

would it not be better for eBid to list more buddy point auctions in a wider price array how about some buynow ones at 500 points etc

Surely the likes of Jimbo should be catered for with a proper paid affiliate scheme?
    Yes any news on the new affiliate scheme yet ? or API ?
    More wine please ...

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think it has anything to do with jealousy, more like fading hope. I've managed to earn up to as many as 35 buddy points in a month but, at this point, my hopes of wining any more of the buddy auctions is disappearing fast. At the moment one person can win all the buddy auctions without a problem. If I feel that way I think the person who earns a few points here and there is going to lose interest rapidly. If that happens then the whole scheme will be fairly pointless surely. I think you have to realise that there's now a serious imbalance.

Yes, a bit of an imbalance, in the real world the meaga stars and A list celebs may get chance to nip in the shop and get their stuff without being bothered by common folk, yup Jimbo is a true mega star of the buddy points world, and with such riches could be enticed into the special super deluxe electroic gadgets and gizmo dept (if such a place exists) leaving the rest of us with our newly envigorated (in value) buddy points to dream of that place only a few mega stars dwel with their ding dong dangling dongales 3G wifi conected press the flashing LED palaces....

(sigh..................) Thing about cheap instant coffee is, use double and add whitener and it taste fine(I think),
    but....thats not the point is it!...
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Thread Information