Thread: Make Buddy points Fairer

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Make Buddy points Fairer

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Why?
    no incentive. it costs me to promote eBid.
    More wine please ...

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I like the Buddy points and I don't really have any complaints but I would like to see it changed to where we would automatically get the points on a sale if the buyer doesn't leave feedback. It seems if negative feedback is not left we should get the points instead of 'IF' we are left positive feedback as so many buyers are not even interested in feedback for any reason as they are on interested in getting their purchase.

How about if no feedback is left from a buyer the seller is automatically given positive after 30 days ?

This should be easy to integrate and would help sellers as lots of new buyers don't leave feedback.

As you can edit feedback on eBid i see no issues with this.
    Last edited by jimbo750; 17th March 2011 at 09:02 PM.
    More wine please ...

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    How about if no feed back is left from a buyer the seller is automatically given positive after 30 days ?

This would be easy to integrate and would help sellers as most new buyers don't leave feed back.

Sounds perfect to me.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

If eBid automatically ups your feedback score on the assumption that everything went OK then it is not really feedback is it?

I'm one of those unconcerned whether buyers leave me feedback or not. I have gained sufficient to show I am reliable and do not feel a great need of more. I am just as happy, as so often happens, for the buyer to drop me an email letting me know the item arrived safely and they are happy with it.

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    If eBid automatically ups your feedback score on the assumption that everything went OK then it is not really feedback is it?
    Same with not leaving feedback.

If after 30 - 60 days you have not been left feedback you can assume with high confidence that thay are happy with the purchase, if there was a problem and they could not leave feedback for over 30 - 60 days they can edit it when they log back in, as is the case now.

Now from the buyers point of view , Hand on hart, I have forgotten to leave positive feedback on several occasions and sometimes wish it was automatic. we could have a feature buyers have wanted thats not even on eBay yet.

Can anyone see a downside or problem to this ?
    Last edited by jimbo750; 18th March 2011 at 04:20 AM.
    More wine please ...

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

So what feedback would eBid assume you would have got if the buyer had felt inclined to come back and leave it? You state that a negative experience would induce them to leave feedback - so that leaves a choice of Neutral or Positive. Can they assume the buyer had a positive experience? I think not, so the best they could award is a Neutral which would not increase the feedback score (which to me seems all that people are interested in)

Whatever they awarded could show no actual feedback from the buyer - so what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    Same with not leaving feedback.

If after 30 - 60 days you have not been left feedback you can assume with high confidence that thay are happy with the purchase, if there was a problem and they could not leave feedback for over 30 - 60 days they can edit it when they log back in, as is the case now.

Now from the buyers point of view , Hand on hart, I have forgotten to leave positive feedback on several occasions and sometimes wish it was automatic. we could have a feature buyers have wanted thats not even on eBay yet.

Can anyone see a downside or problem to this ?
    Or, on the feedback page, it could also say ''number of sales awaiting feedback / number of purchases awaiting feedback''.

Would also give a much more accurate figure regarding sales around the site.
    (or maybe ebid have a reason for not wanting to show that)

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I’d like to clarify my original point. Its not that I am ungrateful for the Buddy Point system, I merely wondered whether the points were issued on the fairest basis. The fastest way to gain points is by introducing new members. Whilst this is laudable, the new members are only of benefit to the community if they then go on to trade. There must be a temptation to get your relatives and friends to join up, even if they don’t intend to use the site, just to gain Buddy Points. I have been trading on eBid for a couple of years and I am very happy to have gained around 40 points in that time, most of these are from buying and selling with, I think, 2 points from getting new members. I regularly see people on the Buddy Point Leaderboard getting a very high number of points in a month. All good for them and I hope the members they have introduced are really going to trade and make the site more vibrant. Maybe a better solution would be if you only gained the Buddy Point for introducing a member when that member completes a small number of transactions.

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

i have my buddy link posted on my web sites and emails (as eBid tell you to do) and it takes about 50 - 100 clicks on my links to sign up just one member

speaking for myself, i'm lucky i get a lot of paid seller+ members so get max points, but its dam hard work and has took me 4 years and lots of time and money promoting eBid to get the points i currently make.
    More wine please ...

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Jimbo, Don't you think people who buy and sell a lot on eBid also work hard? I still think the credits from Buddy Point could be issued on a more equitable basis.

Thread Information