Thread: The jump from ebay to ebid

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The jump from ebay to ebid

Quote Originally Posted by Nomnomnom View Post
    I just made the jump from eBay to eBid. I have been wanting to for quite some time, but yesturday I saw the announcement for the increase fees and that I would lose my powerseller discount. Sure, I am currently a top rated seller but the discount I get with that is still really low. The increase of fees is only very little for the categories I sell in (0.10% per item), and I wouldn't be surpised if the discount I currently have is worse than the listing fees going down to 10p for a basic shop as I have quite a lot of items listed, but part of me doesn't really want to stick around to find out.

So far I have found eBid to be a lot more user friendly, there are a few things which do bug me like "Buynow this item" but links feel as if they are where they should be, it is nice not having to search through a billion help pages to find a link which should be in a really obvious place.
    The ability to import the adverts, really makes things faster and although I haven't got all my adverts on yet I have at least the best selling ones available.
    The ability to import feedback from other auction websites is also great, that made me a really happy bunny when I saw it.

I'm still going to be selling on eBay, but I am hoping that eBid will eventually give me a higher amount of sales.
    That sounds like a plan to me!

You could also lower your prices a little here and still make more profit!
    You should also consider contacting your previous buyers and also putting ebid flyers in all your items sold to future ebay buyers.

Spread the word is the name of the game - and listing of course.

list list list list list list list list list list list list list list list list!

Hey man don't worry about it I joined last year this is a kool site. I have not listed anything really awesome just stuff that was left over from ebay that I put on this site. I refered 40 some ebayers here between yesterday and the day before. I have sold a couple of things on this site just people don't leave feedback made my money back in a couple of items. Ebay is outta hand and there is way to transfer you feedback to here just don't know how. I'm going to be listing more just found it hard to juggle to sites at once but I think after april I may be done with ebay myself. Your stuff sounds kool and this site is getting bigger and bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by carpentercomicbook View Post
    Hey man don't worry about it I joined last year this is a kool site. I have not listed anything really awesome just stuff that was left over from ebay that I put on this site. I refered 40 some ebayers here between yesterday and the day before. I have sold a couple of things on this site just people don't leave feedback made my money back in a couple of items. Ebay is outta hand and there is way to transfer you feedback to here just don't know how. I'm going to be listing more just found it hard to juggle to sites at once but I think after april I may be done with ebay myself. Your stuff sounds kool and this site is getting bigger and bigger.
    Hi Glad to see another U.S. toy seller on ebid. I just looked at your items and might I make a suggestion. In your title separate GI Joe from the other stuff. I did a search for GI Joe and could not find your items and I think this may be because of the titles bunching your letters together. Change your listings from RUS to 8-10 day length with 10 autoreposts [this will cause your items to 'circulate' to the top of search done by buyers]. Try doing a search for GI Joe and you'll see what I mean. Good luck with your sales.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, we need people who come here from ebay to list their good stuff.
    Not just the stuff they cant sell on ebay.

If it won't sell on ebay with 90 million members it probably won't sell on ebid with not even 1 million members.

And more toy sellers that's great.
    I wanted to buy some lego for my son, there is not much lego on ebid yet.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

If it won't sell on ebay with 90 million members it probably won't sell on ebid with not even 1 million members.
    actually I have found, several times, that some of my things that that hadnt gone on ebay in a while, got snapped up very quick on here.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    actually I have found, several times, that some of my things that that hadnt gone on ebay in a while, got snapped up very quick on here.
    I knew you'd say that.

Thats great, but in general terms new sellers need to put their good stuff on here.

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    Me too. Can't say they were snapped up quick but they sold here.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

There is a page on Facebook called Ebay Boycott or Boycott Ebay where you can post with some news about ebid etc.

I saw the ebid logo in one of them, it really stood out.

View sghovel's Feedback (+586)
    All-About sghovel
    View sghovel's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also got ticked with *BAY's up coming changes and after going through their forum board of 275 messages I found someone mentioned Ebid and I started listing a few stained glass pieces I made. I find it amazing that in one of the catagories I list in (on you know who) the little guy gets lost in 1300 listings. When I eliminate the sellers that have 100's of listings there are only about 300 little guy auctions left. At least I don't think I will get lost in the crowd here.

Quote Originally Posted by sghovel View Post
    I also got ticked with *BAY's up coming changes and after going through their forum board of 275 messages I found someone mentioned Ebid and I started listing a few stained glass pieces I made. I find it amazing that in one of the catagories I list in (on you know who) the little guy gets lost in 1300 listings. When I eliminate the sellers that have 100's of listings there are only about 300 little guy auctions left. At least I don't think I will get lost in the crowd here.
    Welcome to ebid. So glad a stain-glass artist is aboard. Now...off to look at your listings.

Thread Information