eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The jump from ebay to ebid

Default Re: The jump from ebay to ebid

My experience....

.........Read about it, and researched it. Took the plunge and paid £49.99. Sales are slower but I made my outlay back very quickly and am very glad I joined.

Now back to listing

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swatop506 View Post
    Hi folks,
    I just registered with ebid. I am a top rated/power seller on ebay with about 70-100 sales per month (roughly $700-1000 monthly gross sales). I am tired of ebay FVF and yesterday ebay announced that as of April 19, the FVF will also include SHIPPING COSTS!!!!!! That did it for me.
    Here is my concern- and this may be good- no one else is selling what I sell (law enforcement related accessories).
    I don't want to shell out $50.00 for the lifetime seller offer w/o knowing if I will get buyers here. Yes, sellers will flock to ebay alternatives, but what about buyers? I can see the future may belong to ebid if marketing is done correctly, but right now I won't be able to compare sales if I only use the free version- due to limited features.
    So I f I only try the ebid "free" or "7 day" version, I won't have a true picture of how my products will do, but I don't have enough faith/knowledge in ebid to invest $50.00 bucks!

I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions.
    You have a good product but no confidence? As Mr T would say 'Get Some Nuts'

I agree that 7 days is no time at all to get a real picture of ebid.

But I can tell you that an up front investment of $50 is well worth it!

You get five stores if you want them! And they are free! $50 should be peanuts compared to your ebay fees.

You can list for free forever here or (recommended) pay 2% FVF on all sales that use a gallery photo! (you get five pics per listing free too.

My advice for what it's worth ; go for it - keep listing on the bay and move your stuff over - email all your buyers - put flyers in all your sold items. Have buy it now prices along side auction prices cos such listings upload to Google shopping.

Best of all you will get all the help and support from the friendliest forum on the web!

Well Come aboard!

<I wonder if Swatop sells pink furry handcuffs? I need to re -enforce the law>
    Last edited by Pink_Panther; 16th March 2011 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    You have a good product but no confidence? As Mr T would say 'Get Some Nuts'

I agree that 7 days is no time at all to get a real picture of ebid.

But I can tell you that an up front investment of $50 is well worth it!

You get five stores if you want them! And they are free! $50 should be peanuts compared to your ebay fees.

You can list for free forever here or (recommended) pay 2% FVF on all sales that use a gallery photo! (you get five pics per listing free too.

My advice for what it's worth ; go for it - keep listing on the bay and move your stuff over - email all your buyers - put flyers in all your sold items. Have buy it now prices along side auction prices cos such listings upload to Google shopping.

Best of all you will get all the help and support from the friendliest forum on the web!

Come aboard!
    I was just gonna say all that Don, but you beat me to it haha

Forum Newbie
    View ManofPeace's Feedback (+14)
    All-About ManofPeace
    View ManofPeace's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sales are definitely slower here. With 70-100 sales per month, you're likely to have had repeat customers at least once. Even if you didn't, it's worth contacting them to let them know that you're also selling here. To other recent ebay jumpers, use http://www.repatoo.com/ and link your ebay feedback to this one to get started.
    $50 isn't an outrageous investment although I do understand the uncertainty in it. Compared to the cost of operating a store on ebay, well, just do the math.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

And don't forget to lower your prices here on eBid

Fees are so low or non existent,
    you can afford to sell cheaper here and still make a good profit.

$49.99 is cheaper than the £49.99.

I paid the money over 2 years ago and it has now be long forgotten about.

People have mixed results on here but for free listings it is a sound investment. There is nothing quite like the feeling of listing an item then no being charged to do so.

Ah bliss.

If you are just surfing here looking to learn , I suggest you join ebid.net it is a great community that is on the edge of growing big. Help establish this site as the best alternative and take ebays market shares away .

dominate ebid be the first and the biggest to untapped markets . you might be the only seller here of your products and make it big !!

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liquidationitems View Post
    If you are just surfing here looking to learn , I suggest you join ebid.net it is a great community that is on the edge of growing big. Help establish this site as the best alternative and take ebays market shares away .

dominate ebid be the first and the biggest to untapped markets . you might be the only seller here of your products and make it big !!
    Or,and far more realistically.
    If you keep plodding away listing items,avoid run till sold and keep pushing your items where you can you can slowly build up your sales and make more profit on each one than you did on ebay.You can make ebid work for you and discover there is life after ebay.
    But,if you believe all the hype from over excited refugees and think you're going to be deluged with orders five minutes after starting you'll be sadly disappointed and disillusioned.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Or,and far more realistically.
    If you keep plodding away listing items,avoid run till sold and keep pushing your items where you can you can slowly build up your sales and make more profit on each one than you did on ebay.You can make ebid work for you and discover there is life after ebay.
    But,if you believe all the hype from over excited refugees and think you're going to be deluged with orders five minutes after starting you'll be sadly disappointed and disillusioned.
    Hear, Hear! Well put.

Forum Newbie
    View Nomnomnom's Feedback (+2061)
    All-About Nomnomnom
    View Nomnomnom's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just made the jump from eBay to eBid. I have been wanting to for quite some time, but yesturday I saw the announcement for the increase fees and that I would lose my powerseller discount. Sure, I am currently a top rated seller but the discount I get with that is still really low. The increase of fees is only very little for the categories I sell in (0.10% per item), and I wouldn't be surpised if the discount I currently have is worse than the listing fees going down to 10p for a basic shop as I have quite a lot of items listed, but part of me doesn't really want to stick around to find out.

So far I have found eBid to be a lot more user friendly, there are a few things which do bug me like "Buynow this item" but links feel as if they are where they should be, it is nice not having to search through a billion help pages to find a link which should be in a really obvious place.
    The ability to import the adverts, really makes things faster and although I haven't got all my adverts on yet I have at least the best selling ones available.
    The ability to import feedback from other auction websites is also great, that made me a really happy bunny when I saw it.

I'm still going to be selling on eBay, but I am hoping that eBid will eventually give me a higher amount of sales.

Thread Information