Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The jump from ebay to ebid

Default Re: The jump from ebay to ebid

I went with the lifetime membership and have never looked back. I personally think it is a great deal.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that as you are a serious seller go with the lifetime, join for a week, then upgrade the next day (as noted above)

That way you get free gallery pics (a must) and sending to Google Products.
    And you will then make a commitment to ebid.

If you just join as a casual, then you won't have the same incentive to work on your listings.

Ebid is far smaller than ebay, but if everyone left ebay all at once, then more buyers would find us.

Also ebid is great in that your listings if BIN will rise to the top of their category.

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been on eBid since November 2010, I joined with the lifetime membership and made my money back in the first month. I do not regret leaving Ebay, the sales are slower so far yes, I email my current and prior buyers and tell them when I am and provide a link to join and as my buddy points and sales increase, I do know that it is working. This is indeed an exciting time here as so many new sellers and buyers are coming here and we are happy to have all of you.

I Paid for seller+ and made my money back quit quickly, and that was when things were a lot slower
    You do have to do as others have already said, and self promote your listings, but it is well worth it.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Jane

HI and welcome .

I just joined Ebid too , I am still on Ebay and probably wont be leaving Ebay for a while if ever. But, I am going to list as many as my lower priced listings as I can on here. I know it will take more work , but if I can get established here and have a following , I will be able to make a good amount with out the high fees. that is the ultimate goal at the end is to find a new market and have bigger margins. To me the 49 dollars was not much of an investment. I can understand how it could be to others.

How I see it 49 dollars could open a whole new market for me that I have not explored or maybe has not been tapped into. If this market grows then the 49 dollars will be worth it by far. Also , I promote my store through twitter, forums, facebook and when I list a large amount of items . I will email a group of my buyers who I know enjoy buying the kind of items I will be listing on ebid .

I wish you all the luck. You will not see the amount of sales as ebay , Im pretty sure of that since ebay is so much larger. But, if you do self promote and let people know you are here. You could grow and make a lot more per item than on Ebay.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    Haven't looked into it lately, but the situation used to be that if you weren't sure about committing to a lifetime seller+ account, you could sign up for a week or a month. If after a while you decided to go for lifetime, the fees you'd already paid for the temporary memberships were credited toward your lifetime fee amount. That is an excellent deal. For example, if you'd signed up for maybe eight one week periods (or whatever the equivalent), you'd have already paid for your lifetime membership.
    This is so! I did it this way after I paid for a few payments & realized I could not afford to do it any other way than "Seller+ Life Subscription". To the OP - go ahead and just try it out if you wish, you can always have those payments credited to seller+, etc. if you decide to later. Nothing to loose.

Quote Originally Posted by nan55 View Post
    I'm new here too. As of yesterday.
    Also sick to death of ebay.
    I'm going to try my luck selling (and buying)
    Good luck! I've had an account here for 3 years and will start listing soon. Took me long enough! Am jumping ship from Ebay. Been there 13 years. Power Seller and all that. Anyway--I think most of us know many of us are ticked at the latest at Ebay. The folks at a Facebook page--Boycott Ebay have asked me to have folks from here go on the page and post. Many of them aren't sure what Ebid is. You can read the posts there. This might be a good marketing tool for Ebid in general--and these folks need some support and encouragement right now to possibly break away from Ebay. Thanks! Rita

Hi again,

Many people at Ebay are attempting a mass exodus to hit Ebay where it hurts. Some are trying to unify and pick ONE site to be effective. Honestly--I sell on Etsy also and have good sales there. I'm not an expert on Ebid though. Is it possible for Ebid employees or some seasoned sellers to go to Facebook and tell these folks about Ebid? As you all know we can't promote other sites on Ebay. I already got slapped by Ebay for mentioning other sites in forums posts. And that's OK. SO we are attempting to get the info. out on Facebook where we are free to share info. Any help would be appreciated. I am getting emails from people who saw my posts on Ebay about where to go and what to do. How about putting the power of Ebid in their hands? Suggestions?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PeakbloomNaturals View Post
    Hi again,

Many people at Ebay are attempting a mass exodus to hit Ebay where it hurts. Some are trying to unify and pick ONE site to be effective. Honestly--I sell on Etsy also and have good sales there. I'm not an expert on Ebid though. Is it possible for Ebid employees or some seasoned sellers to go to Facebook and tell these folks about Ebid? As you all know we can't promote other sites on Ebay. I already got slapped by Ebay for mentioning other sites in forums posts. And that's OK. SO we are attempting to get the info. out on Facebook where we are free to share info. Any help would be appreciated. I am getting emails from people who saw my posts on Ebay about where to go and what to do. How about putting the power of Ebid in their hands? Suggestions?
    eBid is already promoting on a grand scale over on FaceBook.

x

Thread Information