Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The jump from ebay to ebid

Forum Newbie
    All-About swatop506
    View swatop506's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default The jump from ebay to ebid

Hi folks,
    I just registered with ebid. I am a top rated/power seller on ebay with about 70-100 sales per month (roughly $700-1000 monthly gross sales). I am tired of ebay FVF and yesterday ebay announced that as of April 19, the FVF will also include SHIPPING COSTS!!!!!! That did it for me.
    Here is my concern- and this may be good- no one else is selling what I sell (law enforcement related accessories).
    I don't want to shell out $50.00 for the lifetime seller offer w/o knowing if I will get buyers here. Yes, sellers will flock to ebay alternatives, but what about buyers? I can see the future may belong to ebid if marketing is done correctly, but right now I won't be able to compare sales if I only use the free version- due to limited features.
    So I f I only try the ebid "free" or "7 day" version, I won't have a true picture of how my products will do, but I don't have enough faith/knowledge in ebid to invest $50.00 bucks!

I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The jump from ebay to ebid

Quote Originally Posted by swatop506 View Post
    Hi folks,
    I just registered with ebid. I am a top rated/power seller on ebay with about 70-100 sales per month (roughly $700-1000 monthly gross sales). I am tired of ebay FVF and yesterday ebay announced that as of April 19, the FVF will also include SHIPPING COSTS!!!!!! That did it for me.
    Here is my concern- and this may be good- no one else is selling what I sell (law enforcement related accessories).
    I don't want to shell out $50.00 for the lifetime seller offer w/o knowing if I will get buyers here. Yes, sellers will flock to ebay alternatives, but what about buyers? I can see the future may belong to ebid if marketing is done correctly, but right now I won't be able to compare sales if I only use the free version- due to limited features.
    So I f I only try the ebid "free" or "7 day" version, I won't have a true picture of how my products will do, but I don't have enough faith/knowledge in ebid to invest $50.00 bucks!

Hi and welcome to eBid.

IMHO $49.49 is a small price to pay for free listings/relistings and five free stores. Whether or not your items will sell I can't say, as I'm not an expert in the area of law enforcement, however, I do know that unlike many other sites you won't be charged listing/relisting fees if they don't sell, and you can list as many items as you want, (provided they don't appear on the no-no list, which includes knives, weapons and similar), for free.

So, your call. I wish you well, whatever you decide.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Hi folks,

On eBid, you might have to do your own publicity and self promoting. There are various ways to do this.
    Rather than the 7 day subscription, I would advise you go for the 30 day subscription instead so you have a longer time period to see how things will work for you here (it don't work for everyone)
    The $49.49 offer is a special limited time offer and only valid for a 24 hour period after you sign up or take out a seller+ subscription, then it goes up to $74.99.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi folks,

Nearly all of my selling is done in the real world (as opposed to online), but that said, I fairly quickly made my eBid Life Timer seller money back. Listing is straight forward here and if you hit problems, the support is excellent. You can regard your stores as you would a web site and that is a real plus. Also, when eBid's time comes, you will be in poll position if you are already up and running. I wish you well.

Hi & Welcome

No one can tell you how well you will do here as has already been mentioned.

Instead of trying to compare this site to eB**. Try comparing the cost of $49.99 for a lifetimes subscription that allows 5 shops and unlimited listings (with 2% fsv when using thumbnails - recommended by most IMO) against an e-commerce site with integrated shopping cart.

Then decide if it's worth the investment.

Good luck and best wishes in your decision.

Im not a big seller on here I list every few items but from what i know this place is great. The forums are helpful, people are very nice. The seller+ upgrade price is a drop in the bucket compared to feebay. when I moved over here from the dark side I was paying the 74.99 or more every month. but now being here I got my money back in selling 2 items. now its all gravy.

Good luck and happy selling to all.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hallo and welcome!

People are certainly getting sales and I think on the whole they are increasing for most of us. Remember that at the moment Ebid is a smaller site than ebay is, although growing rapidly.

Forum Lurker
    View nan55's Feedback (+3562)
    All-About nan55
    View nan55's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm new here too. As of yesterday.
    Also sick to death of ebay.
    I'm going to try my luck selling (and buying)

We moved here from feeBay almost 3 years ago, and sprang for the lifetime membership immediately. We weren't in your league, but even so we saved enough (no relisting fees) to get our money back in two months. Since then, in roughly the same time period, we've had a higher number of sales and more profit. I felt it is well worth the 2% FVF to have thumbnails displayed; if we ever gross $1000 in a month, our total fees will be $20 . . . I'll gladly pay that.

You don't have anything running and there's nothing in your All About the Seller page, so I don't know what you're planning to sell, but there are a lot of empty niches here. If you're bringing in new products, you'll be well positioned. eBid is definitely growing, especially in the U.S. Sales are slower here, but they are picking up. For the past three months, most of our buyers have been new members, so I know they're finding eBid.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Haven't looked into it lately, but the situation used to be that if you weren't sure about committing to a lifetime seller+ account, you could sign up for a week or a month. If after a while you decided to go for lifetime, the fees you'd already paid for the temporary memberships were credited toward your lifetime fee amount. That is an excellent deal. For example, if you'd signed up for maybe eight one week periods (or whatever the equivalent), you'd have already paid for your lifetime membership.

Thread Information