Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I report a fraud???

Default How can I report a fraud???

I sold an item recently and I'm completely sure the buyer is a scam. May be I'm new here but Im not new treading though internet so I can recognize some tricks (I didn't sent the item yet and I wont)

1) The buyer is right new, he register in just 10 minutes before buy my expensive item (luxury watch above 2500u$).
    2) That's means also "0" (zero) feedback...
    3) His eBid profile shows an USA address but he 's asking to deliver the item to Malaysia.
    4) The buyers urges me with the delivery because some personal reasons.
    5) Even when I don't have ANY report in my Paypal account about his transaction "somebody" (claiming to be Paypal, Paypal format page) sent me two mails already explaining that the payment was been sent it already but is holding as a "pending" (no pending payments in my Paypal account) until the shipping tracking number is sent it to the costumer.
    6) Every single link in those "Paypal's mails" (blue underlined texts) are just images... no links no text... don't go to anywhere.
    7) Extracted from "Paypal's fake mails":

"...We have rigorously examined and confirmed the Payment to be VALID.
    Go ahead and create the shipment to the buyers desired shipping address blow.
    Held funds can only be released to your account after shipment has been verified
    This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment tracking number is confirmed by our shipment verification unit paypal@transferalert.co.cc so as to secure both the buyer and the seller...."
    (capital letters as in the original)

8) paypal@transferalert.co.cc.
    (user).co.cc are free domains, not a real Paypal domain and Paypal never sent you a direct mail about a payments.

How can I report it???? Can Ebid take any action???
    WHAT CAN I DO???!!! (regarding not sending the item)

Thx!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Shouldn't this be actionable with Paypal?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timesland View Post
    I sold an item recently and I'm completely sure the buyer is a scam. May be I'm new here but Im not new treading though internet so I can recognize some tricks (I didn't sent the item yet and I wont)

1) The buyer is right new, he register in just 10 minutes before buy my expensive item (luxury watch above 2500u$).
    3) His eBid profile shows an USA address but he 's asking to deliver the item to Malaysia.
    5) Even when I don't have ANY report in my Paypal account about his transaction "somebody" (claiming to be Paypal, Paypal format page) sent me two mails already explaining that the payment was been sent it already but is holding as a "pending" (no pending payments in my Paypal account) until the shipping tracking number is sent it to the costumer.
    6) Every single link in those "Paypal's mails" (blue underlined texts) are just images... no links no text... don't go to anywhere.

Held funds can only be released to your account after shipment has been verified
    This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment tracking number is confirmed by our shipment verification unit paypal@transferalert.co.cc so as to secure both the buyer and the seller...."

(user).co.cc are free domains, not a real Paypal domain and Paypal never sent you a direct mail about a payments.

Thx!
    Agree with cheaver, report the buyer to Paypal. Also, you might want to alert eBid support (use Help-Contact Us link at top of page) so they can look into the matter, they are very good about taking care of fraudsters.

I believe you have the ability to cancel the sale by adding the buyer to your blackball list, someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Good luck and best wishes,

But how Paypal can take actions if this guy obviously is operating outside Paypal system???? (im going to check it anyways)
    By the way, thanks for the fast answers, guys....

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Paypal ought to be notified.

I've received notices from PayPal (and other financial companies) asking me to report phishing emails. This is similar. I have no doubt PayPal has a salaried staff of lawyers who may be able to take some action. They can't do anything if you don't tell them about it.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thx!
    It's a total scam - and it's been running for ages. Report to eBid AND Paypal and any other authorities who'd be interested. I had this one about a year ago. Everything LOOKS authentic - until you start reading the detail. I'm not perfect but their grammar is absolutely atrocious! If they have sent you any other emails, keep them because interested parties like to see the headers, etc.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well...just drop this and ask eBid support to return your selling fees for that transaction and report this person right away...and anyway anybody can see from the ''plane'' this is fraud simple as that...and one more things if you receive e-mail from Pay Pal always should be ''S'' after http web address and pay pal com and you can see ''S'' before http and that mean this site and mail from Pay Pal is secure, anything else similar or this or that is not from Pay Pal and don't click on this mail just delete mail right away...in the end if you sold anything and you receive from Pay Pal mail should be only you have money for this and this transaction and in front of mail should be your ID user from Pay Pal and after you open mail you can see exactly what you sold and is easy to recognize and you can see buyers ID too...anything else or Pay Pal try to ask you in mail for account information or anything similar this is not from Pay Pal because Pay Pal never ever is going to ask you for any personal information or bank account or credit card and similar stuff...NEVER....I hope I help you for that...just report this person ask eBid for your return selling fees for that and move with your life don't try even to contact this person or anything else around this transaction with this buyer...AMEN....

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

And bye the way like ''Tia'' already write I just put on top of that every financial institution or auction site where you member every of this must have always ''S'' in the end of ''http'' always and after that coming web name for this institution or auction site I mean this is for every time LOG IN ....and sometimes on auction site but sometimes you don't see this ''S'' after http because you not yet log in and after you try to log in after that should be ''https'' always...anything else don't try to log in on this page...

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thx!
    Forward a copy to spoof@paypal.com report it to eBid support next. Me, I would have fun with it for a while first. Make them work a little bit. Send a bogus tracking number and insist they keep plugging in the wrong number to track use 0's let them know they need to use the letter o not the number 0 seperate the digits in tracking so cut and paste won't work etc. I would go as far as creating a fake label so it shows as electronically received then let them know until funding is released Pay Pal has a hold on the item.

Thread Information