eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

I am in complete agreement with this whole idea. I think that a price cut on a limited number of items would be good. I personally am a discount shopper. If it ain't on sale I don't buy it!!!!. Announcing this in the newsletter or a mass mailing to all sellers might do the trick.

I also think that without some help from the Boyz it won't be very effective.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Where do I find a good image of the Ebid logo?
    I got my paws on some good movie software last night - something I wanna try.

Will run the first 10 or 15 seconds of it past folks soonest - then get hopefully get some input and suggestions
    In Gazza's logo thread, in the promo forum I think.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Just thinking discounts Sale to get folks interested. Normally buyers are looking for deals but if anyone has a better way to attract attention I'm all ears.
    This whole thread is for, and is packed with, many ideas. I rather like the blackcurrant and lime theme myself, but it might not be flexible enough for all sellers to be able to join in. Purple and green sounds more accessible. But colour-themed is just one of the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    In Gazza's logo thread, in the promo forum I think.
    Ta! Got it now

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Sheesh this software is complicated!

Done a quick short vid - just the first 30 seconds.
    Wasnt a lot of point in doing more in case it is not what folks have in mind.

It is only the basics - no music etc added.

Once it is decided who is going to be co-ordinating this event, I can take it further.

Once all the info is in, and it is complete, then sellers can put it on their facebook pages etc.

Fantastic, very nice. Can you speed up the wording flashing across the bottom? Actually not so much as to sppeding it up but less lag inbetween. This is nice, very nice. Hope everyone appreciates the effort, I do thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Fantastic, very nice. Can you speed up the wording flashing across the bottom? Actually not so much as to sppeding it up but less lag inbetween. This is nice, very nice. Hope everyone appreciates the effort, I do thanks.
    Thanks.

Yes can speed it up or less lag etc no problem - all soft of different transitions, wording effects, and everything else that goes with it.

This was the first time I had tried with this software - extremely complicated - was up till 4 am last night going through youtube tutorials.
    Best software of its type I have seen.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Still don't think price cuts is the way to go, sorry. If you do, can you argue your case? Cheers.
    Agree, Kim. While I do agree that we should attempt a "mass slamming" of FaceBook on a set day/time, I don't agree with such a high discount, if any, on our goods....cripes I'm barely making profit now!

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Agree, Kim. While I do agree that we should attempt a "mass slamming" of FaceBook on a set day/time, I don't agree with such a high discount, if any, on our goods....cripes I'm barely making profit now!
    The mass slamming on Facebook is what and all we are looking to accomplish. Discounts or no discounts it doesn't matter to me as long as we mass slam and get folks to visit. We are going to need a lot more support then I have seen so far
    otherwise it's not going to do any good. What kind of mass slamming will we get from 20 eBid members worldwide?

Not everyone visits the forums, so it might be a good idea to send a general message to all members to drum up some support, but if you get a good response how will you cope with it all, you will probably nedd a seperate section full of info so members know whats happenning, I fear that if this isn't done then it will all fall flat on its face.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinswoodcrafts View Post
    Not everyone visits the forums, so it might be a good idea to send a general message to all members to drum up some support, but if you get a good response how will you cope with it all, you will probably nedd a seperate section full of info so members know whats happenning, I fear that if this isn't done then it will all fall flat on its face.
    Am wondering what there is to cope with?

It will be a matter of folks putting all the info on their facebook page, and asking their friends to post it to their facebook pages etc.

When it happens, all the info will be in here for anyone to see well beforehand.

Thread Information