eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Those coming up with ideas may want to first go into your facebook account and create an event just to see what it entails. This will give us all a better idea of what to come up with. I beleive you should be able to create an event without having to post it. Once I log on and try it I will post the criteria needed then we can start fiilling in the blanks as we go. The key at this point is to get as many eBid/Facebook members involved as we can to insure success.
    Just so folks aren't waiting for me to outline the criteria I thought I would let you know it's going to take about 5 hours from now for that to happen. I'm at work now and have a few meetings this afternoon. Once I get back in front of a computer I'll check facebooks event page then post criteria.

And all this time I thought it was a career I was after, turns out I just wanted a paycheck.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    I don't mind putting a marketing plan together.....
    but the whole concept really does need to be kept simple

Catchphrase: Got to have one! (think Tesco's, think L'Oreal)

Research: How many sellers would want to take part?

Capacity: Would you limit the number of auctions that a seller can list in a "promotion" category?

Time frame for promotion: date? A month? A week?

I could go on and on, but maybe a poll outlining all the "variables" would be the best place to start.....perhaps when the ideas have dried up on this thread?

Yvonne x
    I think it's too early to be thinking about limitations, we still want ideas. It's easy to imagine that everybody is sitting in front of their computer for exactly the same time that you are. The thread was only started this afternoon. A little patience may pay dividends. Let's give people a chance to get home from work, or to surface in other time zones, or just to put their kids to bed!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Those coming up with ideas may want to first go into your facebook account and create an event just to see what it entails. This will give us all a better idea of what to come up with. I beleive you should be able to create an event without having to post it. Once I log on and try it I will post the criteria needed then we can start fiilling in the blanks as we go. The key at this point is to get as many eBid/Facebook members involved as we can to insure success.
    I've created events, there's nothing to it. Pick a date, give it a title, invite friends.

I've seen too many good ideas nose-dive because people rushed it, got blinkered too soon, went off half-cocked basically. Slow down. It doesn't all have to be done NOW!!! It does have to be done right. No need to rush at it like a kid with a new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I've created events, there's nothing to it. Pick a date, give it a title, invite friends.

I've seen too many good ideas nose-dive because people rushed it, got blinkered too soon, went off half-cocked basically. Slow down. It doesn't all have to be done NOW!!! It does have to be done right. No need to rush at it like a kid with a new toy.
    Well said Kim, we have plenty of time to come up with a sound idea that folks from alll the ebid sites can join in with.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post

Agreed, did it myself last week. Let's take it slow and get it right.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

To the top

Am just gonna watch this with interest at the moment.
    If it says purely as pro-ebid - then I may well get involved, but if it turns into an anti-ebay thing, then am gonna stay clear.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    If it says purely as pro-ebid - then I may well get involved, but if it turns into an anti-ebay thing, then am gonna stay clear.
    With regards to the thread, if it turns into anything unpleasant (I consider any bashing of any site unpleasant) I'll simply remove it. I can extract the good stuff first and repost a condensed version if necessary.

Be great to have you on-board with this.

Giving the thread a nudge to bring it back up to the top. Any more ideas, folks? We want to make a splash, and pull in as many *buyers* and sellers as possible. And get the eBid name out there. Have a think, and share your notions!

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    No bashing of anything or anyone planned or intended. Even if you do not have an idea a quick post of your support is truly helpful. Exactly what the support will be other then posting an eBid event into your facebook page will be hasnt been decided yet. Could be offering discounts, charity donations or whatever ideas may come. They key point is striking up an event and getting the word out in mass numbers via as many sellers as possible postling as an event on facebook, for friends and friends of friends to see.
    Do we have all your support!

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    A simple thing perhaps - and this is a perhaps - picking up on Unique and her 'Race For Life' in aid of Cancer, and pinching a bit of our monthly YDC and pinching from the Aussie Bushfire and BCC Cookbook fundraisers that we did, we would get tons of support from sellers / buyers if the end result was raising funds - perhaps in respect of Cancer, running parallel to the 'Race For Life' events. This would give us tons of time to put things together and get it organised. It could be promoted as a way of getting 'non runners' to 'run' so to speak. As for what we could do - the obvious would be auctions - or perhaps for a set period or set days the participating sellers could afree to give x% to the agreed collector / organiser.
    I like Babs idea.
    I think New buyers would be more inclined to join in, if it was for a charity.

But whatever people decide, i'd like to join in.

Jane

Thread Information