eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Ive been giving this some more thought, and for various reasons, am opting out of the thread for the time being.

Good luck

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    I think it was due to being started as an idea's thread to see what we could come up with and how people felt about the suggestions.

"Throw your ideas into the hat. Let's see if we come up with anything that's a flier."

Then it seemed to turn into something else.
    Its still the same as started, lost a few along the way now we are waiting for eBid support to raise awareness to all members.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have heard back from the support team and they are asking more questions. I answered their questions and am waiting a further reply. I'm not giving up yet.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Ive been giving this some more thought, and for various reasons, am opting out of the thread for the time being.

Good luck
    But we need you!

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

I still think these ideas that were really 'doable' (as 'Meebo' said)

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Okay, my idea having seen people's comments...

Something like this: eBid's May Madness!

Participating sellers offer a free gift with every purchase during May (this can be much cheaper than offering a discount, it can be as simple as a sweetie from a tin, to an extra "whateveritisyousell". ) It lasts the whole of May to allow plenty of time for promotion and exposure. It's that far away to give us time to form a detailed plan and try to get eBid on-board, and to produce and promote things like Magz' video.

If eBid agreed to join in it could be promoted on the front page and other official routes. And they could even go as far as offering another freebie to any buyer who buys, say, five separate May Madness items from different sellers. A cap or something.

Sellers taking part put May Madness in their participating titles (means it doesn't have to apply to all listings if you don't want it to). Listings have to spell out what the freebie is. Sellers could also offer a "buy five from me and get XYZ additional gift".

Comments, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Got a thought...how about if those of us who have an extra "store slot" make a May Madness temp store and drop in, via Bulk Edit, those listings you want to discount, get a freebie, etc.???

I love the idea of a May Madness Day and of giving a freebie with each purchase, which I often do on ebay anyway (love hearts for Valentine). Is anyone actually going to get this up and running? We just need someone to sugest a date in May and everyone to be notified.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by penniesfromheven View Post
    I love the idea of a May Madness Day and of giving a freebie with each purchase, which I often do on ebay anyway (love hearts for Valentine). Is anyone actually going to get this up and running? We just need someone to sugest a date in May and everyone to be notified.
    This is the question/request I sent to support:

In a nutshell, we are trying to get as many eBid members as possible to post an "event" on Facebook inviting friends and friends of friends to come over and have a look at what is offered on eBid. Realizing not all members join in at the forums we would need support's help to get the mesasage to all members. If this is possible and a majority are on board with the idea then we can decide on a date and time.> It won't be an actual event but just an invite on everyones facebook "event" page. We are trying to keep it as simple yet as massive as possible. I'm not asking for your help and support yet I just need to be able to go back to the forums and say "yes support will help us, how should we word the mass mailing to members".> A start would be if I knew your ability and how it would be possible to address all members.

This is the response I received from support:
    With respect and gratitude, we hope you understand that for us to be actively involved we would require further and complete detailed information. What, when and how etc for before we can pledge our support or assistance. Best WisheseBid Support Team

In the forums we had 22 supporters, bykimbo and Magnets dropped out so now we have 20. It would appear it is up to the 20 of us to decide on exactly what we are doing along with when and how. Once these items have been decided, scrutinized and agreed we will present again to support to spread the word to all members. I was hoping to at least get the idea in front of all members to insure support but that doesn't appear how it will go. It's up to us 20 to iron everything out first before it is presented to all.
    I do have tremendous confidence the support team will help with this and I also understand their need for details so lets get them some details.
    The May madness event appears to be the most popular.
    I would also like to ask the remaining 20 to try and persuade Magnets and bykimbo to come back and help support this. They are an integral part of this and we certainly could use their help.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default correct text

I would also like to ask the remaining 20 ...
    Am I included in the 'remaining 20' ??

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Am I included in the 'remaining 20' ??
    Yes you are. I looked through the thread and listed who posted positive comments. For supporters I cam up with...

bykimbo, adruml, vonz, raindropsies, babsnray, dawn0409, Magnets and Hangers, Blossomtree, Jimbo750, Booksnthings, Starlady22, Hermajesty, Hotandvintage, Meebo1, Juliebabe25, Kays6912, lejouerdepipeau, lusylou08, dardonboi, iwiw60, martinswoodcrafts and emporiumdays.
    bykimbo and Magnets and Hangers have dropped out leaving 20.

Hmmmm - my enthusiasm waned considerably when squabbling broke out. I still read this from time to time but will reserve judgement until decisions are made.

Thread Information